Journal of Nymeros - Entry 3: Den of Terathans

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Nymeros, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

*a raven lands on the window of Ober, Coinmaster of Trinsic*

Coinmaster,

I have managed to speak to the local traders about the fish incident. Seems like they know nothing, which makes me think that the shipment was stolen during its journey. Backtracking the route from Delucia into the Passage, I found a cart with pungent smell, suggesting someone was passing through here with some fish.

Following these steps I managed to encounter a man who needed my aid. Thinking he can lead me to the fish-thief, I decided to help him. However, a shower of meteors caved our way out and we found ourselves facing a snake-wizard. Dispatching it quickly, we made our way through a den of snakes. On the way I have met an orc who had just eaten some fish; therefore I thought I was on the trail.

Seeing no way back, I decided to join this man calling himself Catalin and ork named Vish (may be a short name for something else). We managed to get through the den of snakes only to find ourselves in a keep of spiders, or Terathans as the locals call. Unfortunately i had dropped my spear and bag of reagents amidst the cave-in therefore I was without equipment. Helping myself to reagents and scrolls carried by some of the snake-wizards that we've met earlier I was able to distract whoever stood in my way.

I even helped myself to a Polymorph scroll to morph myself into a daemon to scare the snakes, but it wasn't very successful. Were it not for the ork, i could have been a snake meal.

I've also noticed that these snakes and spiders tear at each other at sight. This is an interesting bit of information.

At the very end of the keep of spiders, we faced a larger female which was sitting on top of a stack of fish and a dead man. We managed to dispatch the queen with great difficulty, however the man could not be identified due it's face being eaten. The man was holding a map, which could be where he was trying to take the fish, possibly leading us to the fish-thief.

Capture.JPG

I am not able to make much sense of this map Coinmaster, therefore I propose we employ a Cartographer to aid us.

P.S I would also appreciate if polymorphing in an emergency situation does not break code of conduct for clerks in Britannia, as i understand it is a crime. I will consult to employee resources to see what they say.

Regards,
    Nym
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Geo, Basoosh, Vishakt and 1 other person like this.
  2. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Wad? Dis wad reeli habbun...

Vish gut bonked un hed agh wayk ub h'grul en cabe wiff panzee humie. Tink heem blah Katlin wij sownd lyk breeder naym. Uz hab nubtin eggcept thuut'a. Eniwey uz ahgree tu clomp owd ob dere. Tingz guin hosh den dis udder panzee dat blah jat shuw ub. Vish tink bowd choomin dem boff bud ensted uz clomp meni snayk humies agh spydur humies. Vish nub lyk dat playz. Uz clomp dem awl agh Vish kollekt meni shinies on de wey owd. Dese humies nub su bad fer panzees...Vish styll hab tu sabe dem meni times. Dem run rownd lyk skardee kubbies wiffowd dems momos bud wen Vish geep demz hedz frum demz panzee bodeez dem wyll ged speshul playz en Vish's hut.

De end.
    Geo and Jupiter like this.
  3. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Annnnd That about sums it up folks!
  4. Jupiter

I found some images of this adventure in my Archives! Happy reading again and happy viewing of our pictures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alice Asteroid likes this.
  5. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

haha, Nymeros's comments in each screen shot are priceless.
    Nymeros likes this.
  6. Jupiter

You mean how he is constantly saying "I am dead and cannot do that? " or "I was killed by !!!"?

Hehe
    Vishakt and Alice Asteroid like this.
  7. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The "I was killed by !!" That's not a system message is it?
    Jupiter likes this.
  8. Jupiter

It is a system message that appears when you are in a party and you die.

People who adventure with me report a significant increase in how often they get this message....
    BlackEye and Alice Asteroid like this.
  9. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

Yeah, especially with the fact i went there with nothing. Literally nothing, not even a spear.
    Jupiter and Alice Asteroid like this.
  10. Jupiter

I was quite pleased we made it out of there alive. I was so pissed when we got to the end and the exit tower was full of Terathan Avengers.

Come on you gold farming PvM'ers! Get those Avengers OUT of their tower!!!!!!

hahaha.
    Alice Asteroid likes this.