Just an idea...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Double Vision, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Ok so a few of our guildies were talking and consider an idea. Since everyone is always macroing characters and there's not a lot of people out in the world doing anything we thought why not have 3 accounts instead of two? Most fighting skills you need to have two characters to train, One account for a healer and the other account for training. With 3 accounts you could train your characters while you play on another character hence bumping up the player activity and if housing is an issue limit the number of houses per account. If you were allowed 3 accounts it would allow people to go out there and play on their character while their other characters are training, hence bumping up activity. Skill gain is a pain and it's even more a pain when you have to use both your accounts to train a character, just makes the server less lively cause most people just go play other games or do other things because they can't play while there 2 accounts are in use. Just an idea to throw out there.
  2. Robbbb

Robbbb Member

You just want another account because you have 9 tailors and one lame Tamer...
  3. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I actually deleted 4 of my tailors and that lame tamer killed you when you failed to multi client pk me. Either way this is an idea to discuss not troll, if you want to troll me or smack talk find a post in trash talk and do it.
  4. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I can understand your point of view, thou I don't totally agree with it.
    I am sure I'm not the only player out-there who can't use razor to macro with for various reasons.
    So when I macro I have to use in-game macro options, which means I need to use a hot key, thus
    eliminating the use of second account or any other use of computer.
    I feel the same problem would arise with a 3rd account. Those characters would also need to be
    leveled up, perhaps some players would use one of the other two accounts to play the game; but from
    activity I have seen on irc, I beleive most people macro while sleeping, working, or other busyness in
    real. I very well could be wrong on this, just an observation.
    I do agree that if staff decides to go with a 3rd account, the rule should be the same as multible
    users on same ip address, (living in same home) 10 houses total.
    Thanks for starting this thread, interested in seeing other players ideas.

:)
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

All that is going to do is get people macroing all day on 3 accounts instead of 2.

If you want to increase player activity and interaction, why not organize an event of some sort? Throw in some free lootz and newbs will flock from all parts of Britainia. :D
  6. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Derailing to try to assist.
    I had problems with Razor as well. But something that worked for me is Making sure that Razor isn't the active window. I donwsize it and click on my UO window and then it recognizes the hotkeys I use for razor.
    See if that helps at all.
  7. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

A great reason to not have three accounts per person is that it hurts the economy and player interaction. With three accounts, one person can easily build all the characters they will ever need, which means they don't need anyone else. Then there are a lot fewer interactions between players because most everyone can craft their own stuff and almost no one is buying. And walking around Felucca seeing almost no vendors isn't a very good re-creation of the Ultima experience. It might still be possible - even easy - to create every single character you'll ever need with two accounts but I think this system lessens that problem quite a bit. People might find themselves unwilling to sacrifice PvP characters for crafters and there's a big difference in deciding to lock up one out of two accounts to build or run a crafter as opposed to only one out of three accounts.
  8. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

3 accounts will not happen and it def wont boost activity, just more macroing.
  9. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I give up on forums..

final note - worked on uosa with 3 and worked on hybrid with 4 but your right for what ever reason it won't work here.
  10. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

3 characters macroing melee? Why not get friends together and take on dungeons like i did on server up? i went from 0-91 fencing on that character. It doesnt require 3, if you are macroing all 3 how does that get people out into the game? It just gives 5 more slots to macro instead of going out and doing something. UOSA had 589 logged and I saw less action than here. So I dont think it helps at all. I macro while I am away, or play while im on... just like everyone else. If I had 1 account it would be the same story.
  11. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Never said anything about macroing 3 characters at the same time, that was your assumption, this is clearly an idea people are failing to grasp. People complain in vent & irc about there not being enough people to faction fight , pvp , pk & that's because most the server have their accounts tied up macroing other templates. Was just an idea, I'd like to see some suggestions like the one guy posted to make the server more active like hosting events other then coming on the forums and just saying that won't work etc etc and then logg off forums.
  12. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Sure, if your definition of 'worked' is that having three accounts per person didn't instantly kill those servers. But by that definition, getting blown up in your own castle 'worked' on both of them too. That didn't completely destroy the playerbases either.
    My definition of 'worked' is 'something that was a good idea' and this isn't, for the reason I stated earlier. There's actually a whole lot that doesn't 'work' with those other servers - and that's why we're all here.
  13. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

We have no plans to increase the account limit above 2 per player.
  14. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

I did misread, my bad. It still doesn't change the fact that if I had one account my activity would be similar to what it is now. Those people just need better time management and scheduling. Also, macroing up a fighter with 2 characters should only set them back a day. They have to be active to obtain 10k bandages~
  15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I made my view on this clear in a vent convo before a friend stopped by RL.
    The last thing we need is full towns owned by a single person. :/
  16. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

And yet you left both of those and are now here....
  17. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I left uosa cause it was Bland, it had nothing to do with accounts, & and I still play hybrid from time to time.