Just an Introduction

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Salendro, Apr 12, 2018.

1. vsanthos

vsanthos New Member

I was from Great Lakes in that period, too!

I second this. My money maker is GM Mage, Med, Music, Provocation, Hiding, Stealth, Lockpicking.

I spend a lot of time gating myself around and swiping the level 4 chests, or if I feel like killing things, or farming fame, I go provoke big nasty things on each other while I hide in the corner. It's really alot of fun.
    gitchu1000 and MikeK like this.
  2. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Your char sounds funner than my suggestion.
  3. vsanthos

vsanthos New Member

I really, really like it! The only thing to stop me from recommending would be to prevent my chests from being stolen.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I see this advice a lot and sorry Twister, not calling you out but... I simply don't buy it at all.

A tamer can be raised up, battle ready, and earning gold without any investment at all. Especially if you utilize pack instinct. Combine that with the sanctuary that [young brings and you'll pull in more moolah than any tamer-less provo mage could hope to bring in.
  5. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@wylwrk AFAIK, there is no easy way to train taming while in young program.
    There is an easy, fully AFK, zero-investment way to train music and provo while in young program. And it starts bringing money immediately.
    Yes, a tamer brings more cash in the end. But training taming without necessary utility (e.g. alt chars with magery, res ability, etc.) is very painful.
    RIN likes this.
  6. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

@wylwrk is right that taming isn't too hard if you put the effort into it. @Twister ; however, is also correct that a provo mage can be fully macroed AFK to a point where you can start farming. All way before the tamer would be ready. But of course, why not do both :) Provo tamers are the best farmers...
    One likes this.