Just thought of a new idea for thieves.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by WoblinTheGoblin, Feb 15, 2017.

1. WoblinTheGoblin

WoblinTheGoblin Member

What if we made improvements on stealing from NPC's and monsters?

Hear me out:

* Doing this could help steer away some of the thieving traffic from players.

* Make it easier to steal larger amounts of gold from NPC's (this assumes NPC's start carrying more gold on them -- it's currently a paltry sum and a lot of NPC's don't have anything! -- Also, some NPC's I can't steal from period.) 50-150 gold every 5-10 NPC's is not really worth the effort when I can make serious cash on my provoker.

* I'd also love to see random magical items on them as well. (You could place limits on how good the magical items would be, i.e. make it impossible to steal slayer weapons)

* After reading about the new copper system, something like this could help thieves become more productive on the server. I feel like this wouldn't undermine the core of the game and it would help this playstyle immensely while removing some heat off of the playerbase.

I used to play on the Baja server in the late 90s and now I'm back. I started a week ago and have a thief, but since there doesn't seem to be a lot of people in the dungeons from time to time and a lot of players in town are just macroing, this could really be useful for thieves.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

I think small PVE additions like that could be fun to play with from time to time. But if anything changing to stealing I'd like to see the devs put effort in PVP stealing at this time.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

PvE rogue focused content is in the pipe... 5 x 5.

WoblinTheGoblin likes this.
  4. WoblinTheGoblin

WoblinTheGoblin Member

True, but I think it's going to require things like stealth, lockpicking, and remove trap. Kinda makes it tougher for the thug thieves. Still cool nonetheless. Thanks for the comment.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I've good reason to believe stealing key items in order to 'advance' will be involved as well.
    WoblinTheGoblin likes this.