Justification for Tree hack?

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Jakob, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I wouldn't mind T2A being flattened out. That would be History Perfected.
    The Babadook, Dalavar and Descartes like this.
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It's not so much the bumps, but those stupid ledges. Or maybe that's what you're referring to.

On April Fool's Day 2015, Chris should disable the Teleport spell in that region. Many monitors would be punched.
    Basoosh likes this.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

As though Teleport isn't an exercise in frustration there anyway. "Target cannot be seen" /wrists

:)
    The Babadook likes this.
  4. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

They didn't, really. As I understand it, the map additions were a last minute request from upper management before T2A was released, and while the towns and major spots were crafted, the remainder of the region had an automated process run to generate the vast majority of the ground in T2A. This process was built quickly and not thoroughly tested before being applied to the map -- and due to misconfiguration of its variables, the output was the craggy, minor hilly, maddening subregion that we know today. The whole of T2A was supposed to include housing; the process had made that impossible and the time constraints restricted correcting it.

I want to say that I read this tale on Stratics, from one of the developers. I know I read this tale from a former UO dev somewhere though.
  5. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Basoosh likes this.
  6. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

If you really wanna world build the umpteen billion tiles my hand -- I'm sure Chris would accept donations of such work.

World building -- especially at the most basic level of the map -- is a pain.
  7. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

I did a round of Beta testing for the Lost Lands, it was actually worse then and I don't think any of our map requests or suggestions were made with exception to "more bridges"
    corruption likes this.
  8. Roadie

Roadie New Member

I wouldn't mind the LoS issues if the rules applies to the monsters too. Can't remember how many times I've died there when I try to ebolt something only to get "target can't be seen", then have the same thing I'm targeting ebolt me from the same spot.
  9. The Babadook

The Babadook Member

There is no justification, you're cheating even if it's allowed.