Kirby's MicroGuide: Dispelling gates

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Kirby, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This short post is for any player out there that thinks that dispelling a gate behind you keeps people from following you. This seems to be a common misunderstanding and it always irritates me when people do this.

For example, you cast a gate in Trinsic going to Ocllo. When you get to Ocllo, you dispel the gate. All this does is close the side going from Ocllo to Trinsic. The other end, going from Trinsic to Ocllo is still up, and usable. So don't gate into your house thinking you can just dispel the gate and you're good.

And for God's sake, if someone casts a gate for you into their house, don't go dispelling the gate without them asking you to. I get people doing this all the time. I need to see when that gate goes away so I can Detect Hidden. If you dispel the end of the gate that's in my gating area of my house, I have to just sit there longer to make sure the other end is closed.
    Prison Bound, Airin and Shosara like this.
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think most people dispel so they can take away the instant exit from any would be gate hoppers and lay them to waste.
    Vortex, Fullmetal and PaddyOBrien like this.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Nice advice.

You could also consider killing everyone that hops your gate hidden... especially those on foot.
    Likely won't get a count and if you do.... meh, collect plat while staying logged in for awhile and all will be forgiven soon enough.

Either way... message sent. If they're the salty type and take to stalking you, great.
    Consider it a free content upgrade.

Just don't talk to them. Seems to really irritate the basic types.
  4. binlagin

binlagin Active Member

Haha thanks for this Kirby... though I just died to a PK going back in my escape gate trying to rescue a dragon today ;)