Large Marble House - Above Trinsic

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Pill, May 13, 2014.

1. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Word the anti semitic comment rubbed me the wrong way too. Not cool.
    Wise likes this.
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Every time I see someone bring gender/ethnicity/beliefs/preferences into an internet discussion (loosely used to describe this thread) I just wish they one day say the wrong thing to or in front of the wrong person and get what they deserve.

Peace and love man :p

OH GOD IM A HIPPY?!?!?
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

My hippy half is terribly offended. I just hope some day you say that to some hippy that's also half raging violent drunk. Then you'll get what's coming to ya (other than a shower)!!!!
    Wise likes this.
  4. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

All very humorous. Very nicely executed thread hijack. Touche.
  5. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

First off, it is an objective fact that your house is utterly worthless, thus your thread is borderline spam.

Second off, I knew you were a piece of shit in general now it is also a fact. I'm pretty sure Blaise isn't Jewish (sorry, if I underestimated you, Blaise :)), I on the other hand am a proud member of this minority that has survived countless and incessant racist assaults and gave the world so much (23% of all Nobel prizes, suck it biaatches). Soooo go fuck yourself loser, we're not going anywhere and punkin' you is now a duty for all decent people everywhere.

Also you misspelt 'grandmaster' during your lowbrow insult.

Hope you rot moron!
    Wise and Basoosh like this.
  6. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

S/B
    Sunshine likes this.
  7. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

I could see where trolling could be seen, but I have to agree with blaise. This could have clearly helped if there was a valid purpose. I also understand your frustration/desire trying to make money with housing. I found a spot for a tower under 10 minutes of searching from yew moongate. I thought to myself "whoa time to make easy money!" but things here are a lot different from others servers i've played on. There are just too many open housing places still!
  8. Caleb Holman

Caleb Holman Active Member

Man if I owned the house around that marble i'd be pisssssed. It looked so nice until you did that.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Aye, that is absolutely correct Valrick. There is no serious house hoarding problem here as there are a ton of better ways to make money. Prime real estate can still fetch a pretty penny, but nothing that your average Joe can go place is really of much more value than deed cost. Stranger here didn't need or want any more houses and simply bought this one to save his buddy some face after getting crapped on in this terrible listing.

For what it's worth, a buyer will be taking the second marble I placed, two screens south, on the coast, without a fortress looming over it, for deed cost.

There are several placements available in the area still and anyone paying 60k markup, is doing so as a favor, not a sound purchase. lol
    Valrick likes this.
  10. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I find it nice that there isn't yet a profession on this shard of Real Estate Agent. I know some people like doing that, but I find it boring and annoying. There are still tons of nice spots on this shard available, depending on what you are looking for.

Tip of Ice Island is still open.

I found this spot about a month ago, which I think is pretty cool.

I believe the 7x7 spot SW of Trinsic inside the circle of bamboo trees is still open.

All depends on what you're looking for.
    Valrick likes this.
  11. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

if i only loved adjusting my gamma :(
  12. Urza

Urza Active Member

This is the only intelligent thing I read through all of this.
  13. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

I think people are wanting to get into the house flipping market but this place simply isn't at a point where non-prime properties will sell.

Unless a property sits on a small island, or next to a guard zone/point of interest/bank/town/dungeon/shrine, or a popular hunting ground, then the demand just isn't there (yet).

There's no rule that says I can't go throw up a small in some random area and post an auction for it asking 300k, but why bother? Yeah, its exciting to post auctions and feel like a real estate agent, but we're still too young of a server.
  14. Urza

Urza Active Member

Merlin the point is some newb may or may not know that they can place houses still and get ripped off by this guy.
  15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yup, there's definitely no rule against it. It wouldn't be cool for a new player to come along though and get an interpretation of the housing situation by reading forums and finding a thread where a non-desirable house is selling for 60k over deed cost. It just give a bad impression of what the housing situation is really like.
  16. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

Lol man...you guys sure are beating this dead horse...TO DEATH.

If you pay attention in IRC (Which is where Blaise dedicates 50% of his life, the other 50% being in this forum), you'd probably know that Stranger and I don't necessarily get along. So him buying it from me as a favor, would make absolutely no sense. Keep on fumbling out your asinine theories though. They are entertaining to read.
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

If that's true, why have I never even seen you two interact before? Oh right, because your understanding of my time spent in IRC/Forums is about as clear as your understanding of the housing market.

BTW:
    <Player> sent me pm's all day yesterday
    <BlaiseAFK> so the whole thing was just to give you a hard time?
    <BlaiseAFK> wtf is wrong with that guy
    <Player> ya he said he will be outside waiting for me everyday because he was told I'm a good pvper and i must fight the champ
    <Player> dude calls himself the champ lol

I understand you're busy trying to harass new players on the shard and gouge players out of gold for properties that have no value over deed. However, you are bad at it. Please try moar harter nex taim.
  18. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

What was I thinking feeding the almighty super troll....
  19. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

The only reason I felt the need to chime in on this thread is because of what I have seen from another server. This server I speak of, many of us have moved from to this fine place we now call home.

I went on a hiatus from said server and when I returned I found an oddity at best. Somehow, although the population had already started declining, housing prices went from your standard deed + 50k-100k (and of course more for prime locations) to the worst spot in the biggest housing farm going for 2-5X DEED!

This was done simply by manipulation of the population through forums. Someone posts they have a property, want 3x deed for it, and then a friend buys the property. No one reading the thread knows they are friends. This happens on an on until a false market is established. To this day, that server, where it struggles to even hit 175 clients at any given time, has all its housing still going for 2x deed and more. A ruined housing market would be putting it kindly.

That said, I will not sit here and watch the same or similar thing happen to our home here at Renaissance. Pill, I am not saying that is what you are doing with this thread at all, but this is the reason why I felt the need to post on this thread and also why its important for members to chime in if they feel pricing is too high.
    Hawkeye and [Mobolin] like this.
  20. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

You speak for me now?