Leprechaun Instance: Stra-teh-G

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by wylwrk, Apr 5, 2018.

1. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Curious... has anyone tried lockpicking the green chest of greed?

Has anyone tried random stealing on the lep's and pulled a key?

#ThingsHalfTrollsThinkAbout
  2. Xx-GoD-xX

Xx-GoD-xX Well-Known Member

They are pickable. not sure about the spell unlock.

Ive tried stealing keys, apparently they are stealable, im just unlucky and getting you cant steal that or that is too heavy to steal or even just plain old unsuccessfull.
    wylwrk likes this.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Zyler, Basoosh and wylwrk like this.
  4. Xx-GoD-xX

*knock knock*
    Have you heard the word of HHYYYPPPPEE?
    wylwrk likes this.
  5. Xx-GoD-xX

Confirmed Unlock spell doesnt work.

trying to feed leps/jockey green ale doesnt do anything either... or trying to give them shamrocks
    eherruh and PaddyOBrien like this.
  6. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

They are humanoid. You can open the paperdoll of humanoids, snoop the bag and target the two keys on the boss. Steal one key and unlock the chest. It works, I tried it. The chest isnt even trapped, so you can skip the telekinesis spell.

It works, but without a tamer killing stuff you are missing out on:
    - Potential green horse to tame
    - Potential green overpowered fluffy to tame
    - lepper rare items like sandals, clothes, ale, bread etc
    - lepper hcoins drops

Btw, I chose to use my stealth mage casting BS to kill the leppers. I am missing out on the horse (sells for many mils), the fluffy (sells for some mils) and all the easter bunny kills + rares. As you can see, this is not at all optimal. But what's the other option? Using lame tamers preferably multi-boxing (else it takes way too long). I even have three-box tamers ready and the required Mask of the Wilds for taming fluffy. But I don't enjoy that gameplay, so I won't take them out. I am clearly in a state of refusal/denial right now.
    And I don't like the pressure to obtain uber-OP fluffy dragons or super beneficial +20 stealth boots in a small time frame at all. I kind of refuse to obay this pressure to farm in this event time frame... but it hurts definitely my overall desire to play in the future, because I can't stand being in a disadvantage due to unobtainable items/pets in the future. And +15-17 more FB damage is definitely a game changer. Two more stealth steps are super nice too...

tl:dr

This is BlackEye's strategy as for now:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  7. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member

@BlackEye yeah while I do think they did a great job on the instance and concepts of it.
    Tamers did not need a buff which these dragons are in a sense if the information I’ve obtained on them is correct.

I think the function of the instance would work better if they operated like night of horrors. No tamers. It would force ppl to work together. & possibly one toon per instance this might be to much(just brainstorming).

But in the same breath the option for me to run around on my pk and be able to crash a few was a lot of fun. So it’s prolly a tricky thing to balance out. Cause if ppl were only permitted 1 toon, PKs or pvp toons would have a huge advantage in these instances in a sense.

Edit: make the pets tammable with 0 taming but won’t listen to controller unless gm taming. Or like on taming them & leaving instance they turn into like an Ethy that is one time double click if you have gm taming they become your pets permanently
  8. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Hey Althorn, I like the instances alot. You can use mages, or bard/dexxers, or tamers. Many ways to beat the leppers work pretty well. And the caves are fast, full of action and available in abundance. You don't need 3 tamers vs. the risk of PKs. A stealther type thief would have no problems to defend himself or get through the leps, while the reds might be waiting at the entrance. The event itself is quite fun, imho.

My problem is more about the pressure to obtain the items/pets, as they are very much improving the gameplay. This isn't just about the normal bling-bling fancy rares, it's about whether you have +500 more tanking HP, +15-18 more Firebreath dmg, and +2 stealth steps (every stealther/thief will understand that this is a very desirable improvement and not just a small unimportant perk).

And so far, I have decided (or rather been forced) to ignore the items. I don't have the time to play hardcore and I can't invest the time or the money to buy them. But in contrast to the usual non-functional rare items, this time my ignorance will set my in a disadvantage to other players. That's the big difference this time.
    Kash and Mr. Green like this.
  9. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member

I’m not saying you have to & if I really wanted to bring my own triple box I’d crush the instances. I just don’t enjoy tamer gameplay to much & ive farmed tons of these & rng gave me trash so I usually just run around on my pk lol.

I say this more for when new players that get into the instance with a triple boxer they are more than likely forced to watch the majority of the instance lol.

Personally I could care less none of the changes really affect the balance of the game or any of my gameplay. Thief’s & tamers get buffs & the world keeps spinning. Drop rates on the items are pretty high I’ll bet we have 25 boots on the sever by the end of the event. I haven’t looked at numbers just guessing on forum sales ect. So it’s not to exclusive but I do agree it’s kind of a odd approach to things

but I do trust @Chris & them so who knows what else is in store for the future.
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Bonded slayer weapons for Halloween.
  11. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member

Bring a decent-sized group of people you trust and that know how to share with at least 2 Provo characters and a bunch of pets. Leave others alone unless they are red or known troublemakers. Who gets the green horse or fluffy? No idea but I’d be thrilled for someone to “buy out” my part of the rares when we split loot at the end. Even if you do not get any decent rares this approach has been a lot of fun for me. There have also been many times I went solo with a tracker tamer w/ just a mare and had no issues with others in the cave, but there have been a few greedy a-holes. In this case there are always more caves to find.
  12. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

I use a tamer on a single mare: you kill overworld leps a bit faster than a mage does, you can let your mare tank in dire situations in a cave, you can firebreath a PK in a cave... and you can still cast BS and EV just as a mage does, but you also can tame a fluffy or a green horse (if it does not die to your summons, but I believe it has 400hp, huh?).
  13. Lumbo

Lumbo Active Member

Only negative for me is that about 1/3rd of the time I enter the cave and then just get killed by 3 or 4 people at once. That seems to happen quite a bit... and then I lose all the eggs and weapons I have on me...

Definitely enjoying the event though.
  14. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I did one time. We just bladed stuff. Pretty easy
  15. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

I have never died in a cave. I guess I don't have enough enemies. :(

In all seriousness, this event is SUPER fun. Go in, kill stuff, loot what you can...it's more than you had going in, so you're already ahead! Get out and count your blessings.
    Holden likes this.
  16. Lumbo

Lumbo Active Member

Has anyone gotten any rares from the cave? If so are they in the chest? I've yet to see any but figure there are some out there.
  17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Yes

yes

add everything to scavenger
    Lumbo likes this.
  18. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member

Yeah good job, keep revealing your achievements! bravo! Tell me more. Please do go on!
  19. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Very well, where do I begin?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.
    Rextacy, Holden and Althorn like this.
  20. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, I was issued a final warning and told to remove my signature because of a thread like this.

There are better ways to address issues with events. Just passing on the word so nobody else gets bit.