Leveling, Experience and Perks

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Guerry, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Let's take a little stroll down memory lane here for a minute El Horno. I know the people who had the first 7x dragons on this shard and no, none of them were bonded. I know there are still unbonded 7x dragons out there.

You know what? I also remember people getting upset when they got their dragons killed by PKs, just like anyone might if they got their half mil Slayer looted by PKs. But hey, get this.....only ONE of those things still actually happens now. Yeah, it's nice, for lazy spoiled ass Trammelites who want to eat cake but not consider that others like cake too.

The original percentage was 10% and that got nerfed because tamer tears kept Telamon's pool warm and full at all times.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

3. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

My mistake for using the superlative nobody. No doubt an elite set of players would get 7x dragons even if they were not bonded. Looking at the wider spectrum of players here however and my statement stands. Most people would not be interested in putting a lot of time into training pets knowing the extremely high likelihood of them being killed, if not via pvm, via pks and other players who knowing pets can't be bonded would try extra hard to kill them just for the lolz.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Interesting, sort of like how most people would not be interested in putting a lot of work into getting high end slayers knowing the extreme likelihood of them being killed and having the item looted? Maybe they would if they knew the alternative was on even footing for risk in the field. Everyone knows tamers make the most and lose the least now so why the fuck would/should anyone bother hunting with things that drop to your corpse that are worth more than 10k?

Granted, if slayers were a part of all tmap chests and became as common as agapite runics are, this entire point would be moot. Unfortunately, slayers of quality are still 250k+ and coming soon, the best way to get them will be triple-boxing tamers in private dungeons!

[​IMG]

I remember a time when tamers had a sense of pride in their well trained dragons and brought just as much risk (actually MORE risk) into the field as anyone else. The fact that it's harder to escape with your pets WAS the balance for tamers being so fucking OP. Now they are immune to serious loss and you're an idiot if you don't make a tamer to farm with, or three.
    BlackEye, Heretic and Punt like this.
  5. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

Oh well. The ugly truth!
    BlackEye likes this.
  6. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

I don't see this as a problem. Similar logic would support a statement such as the following: "If slayers couldn't be blessed, nobody would roll with them equipped or prolly ever use them outside of instanced dungeons."

In addition, why would de facto white wyrms be a problem? Back on the production servers, white wyrms were the pet of choice.
    BlackEye and Geo like this.
  7. Geo

Geo Active Member
    UO:R Donor

an untrained dragon is still a f*cking dragon LOL.

Also If dragons couldn't be bonded I would make a tamer and start working towards training a dragon that very day I promise you.
  8. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

An untrained dragon is crap.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Crap with 800 HP and big meaty claws.
  10. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

Utterly worthless... *end sarcasm*
  11. Geo

Geo Active Member

"poor pitiful untamed dragons can't solo boss mobs while I watch Judge Judy" - tamers 2015
    Velner, Punt, Delitem and 2 others like this.
  12. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  13. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

The shard is not likely to risk the loss of active players by taking away the sweet candy already in their hands. There's practically no chance that bonding or extra bonding slots will be removed at any point now. Chris didn't spend countless hours developing that system in order to turn it off and undo the toil of dozens and dozens of players. It's over and done and there's no going back so the only question I have is, how can this be balanced without ruining what's good about Felucca?
    BlackEye likes this.
  14. One

One Well-Known Member

15. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Andersonius likes this.
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm sure you're laughing all the way to the bank on one of the three tamers you roll with to champs, right?

/facepalm
    Heretic and BlackEye like this.
  17. Gideon Jura

18. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

It's not about being rich. Tamers can play all content without serious risk. I don't talk about gold per hour, I talk about content. It's about killing all bosses, doing champs (solo) and the harrower, rocking all short time events like city invasions and owning at all long time events (valentines, easter, thanksgiving, christmas). This is pure OP and everybody knows it. And the worst is, there is no real risk. Your pets don't die, and skill loss is a joke anyway, even if its 10%.

Pure dexxers can do nothing solo. You wouldn't even dare atacking evil mages. Or daemons, or gazers. Everything can kill you easily with some bad luck.

The most dexxer/bards can dare try to kill are balrons with very high risk. Everything that has some reasonable chance to be barded. And as soon as a boss pops up, you have to call it quits and leave the prize alone. You can't effectively do champs, no way for the harrower, no sense in city invasions and fluffy/dark elves/cupid minions/hardcore-mode indians bite off your head in two seconds. All above that, using a high-end slayer means risking several hundred kilo-goldpieces. A risk NO other template ever faces.

And yes, when I am on my thief, dexxers that wield slayers are my primary target. You can bet, they will drop. There is always this one moment, where they un-wield their weapon or get smashed by fresh spawn or a mana dump or whatever.

It has all been said before, this situation is awkwardly unbalanced. Increasing the amount of slayers available will only decrease the value of them and slightly increase dmg output. But as most ppl correctly recognized, the dmg output of dexxers isn't the problem.
    Blessing them will not enable any dexxer to kill a PoD or diseased blood or Fluffy IV, btw. And blessing weapons isn't Felucca at all.
    What's the solution? I don't know yet...
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    Nymeros, Blaise and One like this.
  19. One

One Well-Known Member

20. Gideon Jura