LF Owner - Empty Large Tower W of Yew moongate

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by marauDEr, Apr 11, 2021.

1. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

As the title says, I'm looking for the owner of this tower, located W of Yew moongate, next to another one named Slaney Inc, it appears to be empty.
    Coordinates in the pic, thanks for your attention.

[​IMG]
    Reginald likes this.
  2. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

Daily Bump!
    Also left a book on stairs
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  3. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

Fair Bump
  4. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

Bumpity bump
  5. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

End of week bump
  6. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

Bump.

I'm starting to lose faith though, it appears to have been refreshed :/
  7. von Stuben

von Stuben Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

These towers have reliably been refreshed for years now. There have been a handful of times they went idoc.
  8. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

Understood, but if a potential buyer comes forward why not even make contact?
    Of course they're free to do what they want, with their property, but save yourself "refresh time" and monetize, avoiding the risk of another IDOC :/
  9. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

It's a lot easier to obtain gold than it is to have a large tower in the Yew area, which is probably why the owner isn't responding.

Also, just because you are potential buyer, it doesn't mean the owner has any interest to sell.

And while it sits empty, that doesn't mean they don't use it for something. Perhaps they are waiting to acquire places around them to possibly place something larger. While it may not be the way you would use the tower, it doesn't entitle you to it.

Leave a book, make a substantial offer, get their attention. Everything has a price but if you are just leaving a vague message of "hey bro I want to buy ur house", that will likely result in silence.
    Orion GM BD likes this.
  10. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

Maybe so, but we don't know it.

True. It's something i took into account. But asking doesn't hurt, worst that can happen is the owner saying "no".

True as well, but me mentioning it's empty doesn't necessarily mean i'm claiming it at all costs. You'll agree that it's quite odd, for such a property, to sit there empty, no?

And well, this is the part that leaves me a bit speechless: I left a note saying i'm interested, why can't the owner send a DM saying "hey, not selling" ? Is it truly asking too much? What's wrong with it? Am i being offensive because i didn't write a number?
  11. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

I think your assumption that you are due a response is where the problem lies. They could be a player that doesn't use the forums, doesn't use discord, or heck, doesn't even speak English, or just is incredibly busy and doesn't have time. If I owned that tower and had no interest in selling it, I wouldn't bother responding either, that lack of response also can translate to a 'not for sale'.

But don't give up yet. Tame some animals, lots of them, rename them indicating your interest and scatter them throughout the area. Leave books on neighbors doorsteps too, maybe they know how to reach them. But once a month of post-bumps elapses, it will likely be safe to assume they either don't use forums or just are blowing you off.
  12. marauDEr

marauDEr Active Member

It's a thing for gentlemen to reply.

But i'll keep your suggestions in mind, if i gave you the impression i was going to strip my hairs off that's not going to be case. I have shown a genuine interest, that's all i could (and will) do. If this sale is not happening i'll look elsewhere.