LF Owner of this tower

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Reginald, Apr 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I didn't know you could remove foliage and rocks but I guess that makes sense with the ability to cut out trees.
  2. Broli

Broli Active Member

also if gms are placing houses for certain people what else illegal are they doing that hasnt been seen also
    Kirby, Loxness and BlackEye like this.
  3. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Technically, having GM powers allows you place houses anywhere. You could theoretically place a tower, then place a small stone tower on the roof of the large tower, if you wanted to.
  4. Reginald

Reginald Well-Known Member

All I wanted to know was who owns this tower. I don't really care about whether it was placed with that assistance of a gm, that's not really any of my business.
    Kirby likes this.
  5. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

@Lyta has some client mod.
  6. Broli

Broli Active Member

its the servers business tho if its being done illegally by a gm fair an balanced should be the same for everyone. not a select few that habe connections that are above the law.
  7. Reginald

Reginald Well-Known Member

Yea but why do you care so much? If the CMs felt it necessary to help the. What ever the reason I'm sure it was justified. Either way it's nothing to do with me, I just play here.
  8. Broli

Broli Active Member

something as small as placing a larger house in a small spot could mean larger currption on the server which i would think ud wanna know about i sure do
  9. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Large tower has history there. History is cool.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Kirby likes this.
  10. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Neutrality = The state of not supporting or helping either side in a conflict, disagreement, etc.; impartiality.

Staff officially claims to be neutral. Calling Staff not neutral in these forums can lead to deletion of posts and even forum bans. Neutrality is one of the main selling points of UOR. Many players wouldnt be here, if they wouldnt trust the Shard operator. That's why discussing this is important.

Regina, you already know who owns it. Now the larger question is, why does it actually exist. This tower wasnt able to be normally placed according to common knowledge. So was there a patch on house placement rules that Iago is aware of but rest of the player base not (might influence many more house spots)? Or did Staff place it manually and increased the wealth of Iago by probably several dozen millions? What's going on here? @Iago @Chris

We shouldnt assume or accuse Staff of corruption or favoritism before an official answer though. It's just important to get an answer, else the speculations will rise. But I can already see some known “nothing to see here, hype hype, history is cool“ trolls incoming to this thread. So lets decrease the accusations, else this discussion will be closed faster than you can yell hype.
    OptimisticSam likes this.
  11. El Horno

I would assume whoever owned the house on that island could have petitioned the GMs to get that historical tower replaced.
    One likes this.
  12. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

If that's the case can I place a Lshape on serpents hold where our villa sits? Historically there was a Lshape there. Unfortunately you can no longer place it.

Can I pm a gm for a placement?
    OptimisticSam and BlackEye like this.
  13. El Horno

Nobodies stopping you.
    One likes this.
  14. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

I didn't know this was a thing. Glad I looked at this thread!
    OptimisticSam and BlackEye like this.
  15. Gossow

Gossow Well-Known Member

16. BlackEye

You can petition whatever you want, El Horno. The question is, why Staff would accept that petition when it claims to be neutral.

Apart from that, Chris doesnt stop to mention how minor player requests and business with drama keeps him away from developing new stuff and patches. So, why meddle with a multi million worth gift to a 1%er that leads a group of 1%ers that dominate IDOCs and that are the cause for over 90% of this years forum drama? Assuming that it was placed by Staff. I have no proof and would rather want to wait for an answer first. But I understand that some people want to stop any discussion as fast as possible.
    OptimisticSam and Broli like this.
  17. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

lol im 47 days into the game your all 1%s to me... I hear you all but as long as it isnt really effecting the true balance of the game like a item with buffed stats, or a pay to win type of system. I dont think it would be a problem for people to receive things for doing great things like for instance. A special blessed Robe gifted to players who bring 20 new people to UOR, A customized house on an island if you bring 50 people to actively play UOR stuff like that would be cool with me. Its essentially a free server i think this is alot of hype around it. One thing i never understood if people dont like IDOC why not make an alliance of tons of people to contest them?
  18. BlackEye

Althorn, there are a dozen threads about this IDOC topic in forums this year. Very heated discussions.

Ok, you cant understand why people fight because of some pixels. Understood. But at some point, it's not about the pixels anymore, it's about promises that were made. No wonder, when people are worried when these neutrality, no-staff favoritism promises might be in question. That's why an answer is important. And I can assure you that nobody complains about rewards for people that benefit the Shard (e.g. shiney trees for a PS quest, or banners as rewards for a video contest). We are definitely not discussing a reward for a selfless Mother Theresa type of player here.
    One and Althorn like this.
  19. El Horno

I'm not trying to stop the discussion. I'm just making the argument that some locations have such historical value that perhaps the shard owner deems it appropriate to replace them. AFAIK glow mage tower was GM placed for similar reasons? I trust those in power to do what they feel is right on a case by case basis. Nostalgia has a lot of value and I trust that the GM's do the best they can to remain partial.
    Althorn likes this.
  20. Riyne

Riyne Active Member

I should buy steelys villa which he would sell me with one understanding of current mechanics and petition for a favor or for nostalgia or maybe just be enough of an annoyance that it gets changed. profit. nothing should ever be done outside of the mechanics that everyone is aware of. (not saying it was, I just disagree strongly with that argument)
    Gossow and BlackEye like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.