Looking for solid pvp group or town war type stuff

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by an evil carebear, May 31, 2018.

1. an evil carebear

an evil carebear Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I have multiple PvP ready characters and typically run solo, but the group action is hard to overcome at times. I don't mind fighting 2-3 people solo, but 5+ is pointless. I mainly PvM because my temperament doesn't fair well with online hostility [would rather be jumped by 5 outside a gas station and not 5 pre-pubes in a dungeon]. At any rate, if anyone is looking or interested in having an active member with a fairly extensive PvP background, hit me up!

Thanks
    Mr. Green likes this.
  2. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

unfortunately for this server most of us are post-pubed, but outlets for you are most likely

Factions (Minax/SL/TB) but if you're not a hacker, don't join TB, they're just cheaters.
    SL i think is SOF group now? @Evil Dead
    anarchy makes up a bunch of minax i believe: @Lnomer

sadly there hasn't been much of an Order/Chaos presence lately.

I don't pk so i'm no help in the pk department.

Please correct my info in case i'm wrong :)
  3. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

"they're just cheaters." Doesn't help their case they still get fucked. Easily beaten.
  4. Valrick

^ except that guy :)
  5. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

@Valrick

Using vendor npc(which cannot be killed) to block in guards at your base was cheating.

Blatently spamming guards during fights was not cheating but severely lame.

Stealing a sigil through a wall was cheating.

But hey you guys are not cheaters.
    Valrick likes this.
  6. Valrick

For the record: none of this was done by me.

other things to note:

We wanted legitimate faction action. Other factions couldn't tame their puppies.
    Then minax started (before the damn guards kid, before) trying to up their game by using bots in base. bots? really? silly. Did we go on a hold a candlelight vigil over our wounded souls and spirits for someone doing something that upset our feel-goods? naw. We played your game. And at how sore you all still are i'd guess we did it better

Then we saw tamers being used, and not just "for base defense". I personally never saw tamers in factions until this go 'round. Seems cheese. Do as you want tho :D
    Since everyone was going insane-o with stuff we just decided to keep up. Factions breeds the worst out of everyone. See where we all are nooooooow?

BTW how can us "littles" do such great things on our own? I never knew you could put a boat there (albeit funny as hell when i saw the vid) did you think it was like, genuine luck? so I dare say genius?
    damn, it's almost like some faction vets informed people of it. Once again, wasn't there. Never even dropped a guard. Not in 2015, not in 2018. I found them highly annoying.

Did us littles know about making walls out of vendors? Take a second and think on that. I had never seen it. Most of us littles had never been in factions of any magnitude. Where. Did. We. Learn. It?! damn guess I pin that one down on the vets / people that have done it before.

But since we all haven't been banned yet, did we do something against the game's terms of service? If so we should definitely be banned!!

Anyone want to buy my stuff before we get banned?!
  7. con con con con

con con con con Active Member

Just speaking from a minax perspective here.

- Then minax started (before the damn guards kid, before) trying to up their game by using bots in base. bots? really? silly.

not true about the eb turrets being used before the guards - wtf, the guards were there from day one, and fair enough its a normal mechanic of faction. scuba is talking about the magincia guard thing and that's a different story.

The bridge npc line (with 2 lines of traps behind and 30 guards in front was a diff thing - and also the ghosting of tb by a character called bfff btw).
    Besides its not that difficult to blow down eb turrets for someone who knows the game, pax and co did it fairly easily ( you wouldn't know you weren't there...) The eb turret was mainly there because none of use could be bothered to baby sit sigils for 6 hours and was often composed of 3/4 players max. Poison fields and pots you know... or even daemons...
    we did have great fights with tb though at that time, no dry looting, no griefing, just a bit annoyed at the perpetual 'lets stealth steal sigils and hold it for 29m59s somewhere hidden and run at our stone to reset it so they have to redo their 6 hours (hence the eb turret to counter the stealth...)

- And at how sore you all still are i'd guess we did it better

Your post sound pretty sore tbh.
    And for the record SL and Minax are fighting pretty much every day at the moment, so I don't see people in faction being sore, its pretty active. The guys we don't see anymore though are TB... But we never really saw you specifically Valrick anyways. Which are your characters?

- But since we all haven't been banned yet

Did anyone asked for you guys to be banned? Not on our end for sure. In fact we miss you guys. Come back and fight us, we're there.
    Balgami, Valrick and Rextacy like this.
  8. Valrick

If all is how it was, i'll be the diligent individual and say "Sorry about that!" and mean every word.

I have one factioner, and sucks i haven't got to run into you in factions. Valrick and that's the only. For a super split second i had a pvm char just for killing wisps for silver. Sadly i haven't even used any of it.

I do get sore, real sore man. Mostly because a lot of faction talk is nothing better than bullshit one-liners on forums. Sadly it's just like it was when I was in SL (not the current SL). Most of us little kittens aren't really at the computer around this time of year. I truly wish I could just get out there for hours per day and stomp some ground. I know that if everything goes well i'll be back at it in a month or three.

Can't speak for the others, but that's me right there :)

I do appreciate the feedback though @con con con con. Just like when i said Sorry about that! I mean it :p
    con con con con likes this.
  9. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

@Valrick you guys were exploiting server mechanics and for the record Telamon said

1. Placing npc guards to block a base in was illegal (not blue toons which can be killed)

2. The whole boating thing was a abuse of a server mechanic and guess what Telamon agreed.

While I am happy no one was banned over this shit l. It is just lame that from the get go TB was using every exploit they knew just to try and win.

One thing I can say for sure is the best fights were when you guys had no guards and everyone agrees that night was fun.

Oh well I am done beating a dead horse hope you all have a good nite
  10. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Lol. Yes, the shadow lords. Now they like to bring in their reds and blue tamers on top of using their faction dragons pretty much all the time.

I second what con con says, we miss fighting you guys at TB at least you weren't ever mixing factioners with non factioners.
    Rextacy and Balgami like this.
  11. Valrick

Guess I just missed a lot of this crap (not all!)
    Hell all this talk has me wanting factions more. @merlin8666 I haven't seen SL in a long time. Its total tamer town? Yikes.

I remember when The Dank Nuggets and on mes were the jam. All mages ftmp and total chaos
  12. merlin8666

well, CoM turned SL because of the base. Loads of Dank Nuggets though and yes, they do bring out pets - even if that means bringing blue tamers.

Doesn't really bother us at Minax, we'll still fight - night of 30th June was epic, loads of action to be had around Ice
    Sun Tzu_5-30_22.48.jpg Sun Tzu_5-30_22.59-1.jpg
  13. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

I'll admit that first screenshot was an attempted failed dragon trap but if Minax wants to summon demons in fair field fight I don't have a problem bringing in pets to deal with them.
  14. merlin8666

Daemons are a response to dragons not the cause of them :O

Trap or no trap though, it's fucking fun - just keep it up !
    Rextacy likes this.
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

MY DAD CAN BEAT UP UR DAD!

Buncha whiney snot nosed kids in here. Point that finger back up your butt, log in, and fight.... TODAY!
    Balian and Valrick like this.
  16. con con con con

con con con con Active Member

@an evil carebear
    now that was a nice introduction for you to the faction scene
  17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

war is hell
  18. merlin8666

I could be around, say 5pm EST onwards.