Looking for UOR copy with tweaked settings (Prizes!!!!)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Momo, Dec 27, 2016.

1. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

In the real world, to someone who has not encountered UO and its culture, a blessed runebook and a pixel house in a pixel world is not amazing. But most people who have played UO for some time live in a bubble (or tribe) where we all agree that these things are, in fact, valuable, and thus subject to some kind of morality.

It looks like Momo not only does not live in our bubble, but has not even seen it from the outside.

You should have been more gentle with him and given time for the groupthink to take hold.
    BlackEye likes this.
  2. Rickbrent

Rickbrent Active Member

he is a she, and her husband used to play UO back in the day.
  3. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

If she's not having fun playing as she wants to, then she certaintly won't enjoy it more by altering things into a playstyle she doesn't want..
    I think she played long enough to decide if the game was for her or not.

It doesn't mean that by her not liking it, we shouldn't either.
    I wanted to yell at first too.
    "You say nice things about the thing that I like, or else!!"
    But then Kek came into my heart and said "feels good man".
    Shit... I've quit UO like 8 times.
    Maybe more.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

^ aren't you 'sposed to be filling tamers hearts with terror via mysterious contract, or something ?
  5. Momo

Momo Member

Thanks for understanding Bayara. It is correct that I have zero ill feelig towards the server, the people in it, or how it is ran.

The problem is that I did not do enough research before starting (didnt even know what PvP or PvM meant).

I think the community is great. I will stop playing UO all together, since it would take too much effort to find another server with my exact liking.

But i will continue Mac client developement that some dev asked about and players asked. I will also continue fixing some current issues with Mac client.

Also, soon i shall write a new player guide on how I went from 10k to around 2 mil (i recalculated...) in about 4 weeks, with my 4gm non-tamer character. None was freely given in gold except initial 10k and spellbook(except discounted house purchase in Ocllo). I didnt get a chance to use the blessed runebook much(all runebooks were organized in bank) or Ocllo house(i never got around using it.

Ps... plz stop PMing me where the new non-pvp shard i found is. I have not, will not find a new shard to play.
  6. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

we are working on this.
    progress should follow soon.
    ::spits on the wall and watches it run down slowly::
    that's a metaphor...

a non-pvp shard?!?
    where??????????????????????
    kidding...
    eherruh, Antos and wylwrk like this.
  7. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

Just to clarify on the Ocllo house - Momo was in the process of buying one that I recently purchased for 1 mill, and had paid off 600k of it so far. No freebies there - I learned my lesson from being burned on handing out houses to new players long ago. The less work they have to do to earn something, the less interest they will have in playing.

Best of luck out there Momo.
  8. Cordelia Black

Cordelia Black Well-Known Member

Well, i never got a thank you though i explained a lot to you over many,many hours and provided links and offers of housing ingame to train characters.

You also told me you barely played but mainly coded,yet you have made millions during the holiday and want to keep your young status after recieving perhaps one of the top 5 most valuable properties on the shard and a blessed runebook that most veterans even me after 1380+ ingame days do not have,well..seems you wanted to be "young status" forever and get rich quick (for someone claiming to not even know what PvM meant you sure made alot of money and took advantage of repeatedly asking for young status).

I dont know. You have completely ruined my trust in giving a new player more than a few short answers and "read a guide".

I think you come across as incredibly shady.
    as for quitting,thats fine. But the timing of it. The "I dont even know how to UO " Followed by "I used a 4x provo to make millions farming scrolls" plus the negative answer on remaining young after multiple times loosing and having it activated again i think you know the game far more well than you pretend. Since alot of your statements contradict themselves. Why on earth you didnt let this person who gave you a house and blessed runebook know how easily you made millions upon millions in a week or two i dont know,nor why the second your ability to continue that level of income was removed you decide to quit.

But its shady.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  9. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I really like how "blessed runebook" was listed among things like 10k gold, a spellbook, GM instruments...

Only a blessed runebook? OONNLLYY. A. BLESSED. RUNEBOOK.

Did you seriously say those words? You seriously took the time to press the requisite keys on your keyboard to add those words to a forum post, like we should be proud of you?! Do you have any idea how much that's worth? That's like saying "Look guys, I went out on my own when I graduated high school. I only got a free Bugatti Chiron. The rest was up to me."

Dude, you are such an ungrateful **censored**! If you come back, I wouldn't expect anyone to help you.

I recently ran into a new player who was starting out with fishing, like I did. He didn't even want help getting a boat. This guy's goal was to sell 5 fish steaks at a time to NPC vendors until he could afford his own boat to take out on the water. Mad respect for that right there.

I get that you can't handle pks. Some can't. I'm not faulting you for deciding this server is too much for you (I'd like to see how long you'd last on a certain shard that Must Not Be Named). My only thing is how you claim to be grateful for the help you recieved which goes far above and beyond any help anyone could ever expect to get as a new player, yet you write it off like a blessed runebook is the same as someone buying you a horse.

Might I make a suggestion? Whatever server you go to, read up on their shard policies and rules. I've seen the threads you've posted and this isn't the first time you've admitted to violating serious shard rules on the forum. These rules are here for a reason, and seeing someone violating them over and over again, then saying "Oops, I didn't know" really rubs me the wrong way.

Ignorantia juris non excusat.
    Cordelia Black likes this.
  10. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

don't be a jerk
    Momo already explained thoughts and feelings
    Alice Asteroid likes this.
  11. Cordelia Black

eh why bother,was trying to do you a solid and fill you in on the history of it all, sorry.

I guess fuck it. Cant do right either way, now ill get blasted for editing/removing the message by someone im sure (Not saying by you!)
  12. Cordelia Black

very well. Piped down.
  13. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Kirby and I are cool
    Pipe down
    Cordelia Black likes this.
  14. Cordelia Black

Eh fuck it ..
    Sorry for quoting you and rubbing you the wrong way Zyler,i had helpful intentions towards you not harmful. I guess i didnt communicate that.
  15. shad

shad Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Peace and love
    One, Vandalin, PaddyOBrien and 2 others like this.
  16. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Relax Mon
    ima gud
    wylwrk likes this.
  17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

18. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member

Everyone sounds a little burnt out from helping her, but i got to say thats not her fault. If you helped someone to the point you feel burnt out then you've extended yourself too far. I know that might sound weird but my career is social work in real life and see it allll the time. People put too much effort into helping someone, and then when it doesn't work out, they get upset and stop helping people all together. The people that manage to limit their helping actually end up helping people longer and doing more good in the long run.

Most of the people who help new players know this, most of the new players we help will be gone in 3 months. If you are going in to help people, you should know this off the bat. Doesn't matter what they say, how much they play, how much resources they have etc, they will probably be gone in 3 months. They will either find a new game, or get scared off by aspects of our gameplay/server. This game is not for everyone.

Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish, he will eat for the rest of his life. When I help new players, i show them farming spots they can farm with fresh characters, teach them the methods, and then give them the tools. Usually the only item i give people is one or two magic weapons and a full spellbook. All momo has done is come here and ask for help, usually with questions on IRC. We are not obligated to answer, most of the time when i saw those questions i didn't answer. I feel like we have turned toxic on her for something that we did, like a bad lover. It honestly makes us look bad. If someone comes here, ask for help, we help them, they discover this is not the game for them, then we got to let them go without bitching at them. Maybe instead, lets re-evaluate the way we help people and think about the long term good.
  19. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Social worker? Sounds like Telamon could use you to straighten out this dysfunctional family here on the forums ! :D
  20. Cordelia Black

you forget the part about 3rd party illegal program usage