Love the welcoming committee!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Gracekain, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Gracekain

Gracekain New Member

Hi! I am a long time uo player but first time here on this shard. I am barely 10 hours old running around on Ocllo trying to get my skills up like all new player do! I am trying to make gold and scavenge all i can so i can resell at the vendor for a profit.

I even try to gather up cotton from the cotton fields and happen to run across someone else who was also picking cotton. So we ended up sharing the fields. After the fields were picked clean i ran off as fast as I can to turn my cotton into cloth and try to make a profit. As I was making thread, the same person i had seen in the fields pops into the tailor and greets me in the most bizarre and insulting way. I don't normally do things like this, but i just hope not all member of this shard are like this person.....

[​IMG]
  2. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Lame dude you got there! That's not the standard encounter with players, the community is very friendly here, maybe a little too much at times. Don't worry however, you might end up meeting the Franz!
  3. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

FFS You again?

Anyways, Welcome aboard! I am sure you will find that not everyone is like that here. It is a good community.

Hope to see you around so you can get a Bloodrock Clan welcome :)
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Welcome to the shard Gracetrain!

I hope you will not find that treatment the norm. Make no doubt there will be those few rotten apples but they in no way make up the majority. I would like to draw your attention to Occlo being designated as the "new"player city and we have had a lot of new players come in the most recent months.. As such your chances of meeting folks who are not yet acclimated to our culture are quite high.

Keep in mind that this is designed after the rough and tumble felluca style uo, so you can be robbed, killed, and taken for everything you have. That element of risk is important, but most of those folks who engage in that play style here understand that unless they want to be playing on a shard with a population of 2-3 players, there are some social ettiquttes that should be upheld. This doesn't mean you should expect a hug a rez and a "good game" butt smack, but they should be watching their hate speech.

I guess in short what I'm trying to say is welcome and stay a while! It's the ones who seem trustworthy you have to verify their true intentions. At least this guy you know you can disregard completely now.

- Jupiter
    Gracekain likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

We take issues like this quite seriously. We have a zero tolerance policy for conduct such as this, even more so when directed at new players. If this happens to you or anyone you talk to simply direct them to contact a staff member or page ingame. The players in questions will be addressed.

Most of the time in situations like this it is simply someone bored on another server coming here to act out their pent up aggression.

Or in some cases this type of behavior is so prevalent on a previous server they assume it is passable here. Most of the time a simple conversation and direction to our rules is all it takes. In the cases it doesn't additional action can be taken.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    Gracekain likes this.
  6. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Active Member

Don't sweat it - this is in no way represents the community as a whole.

Welcome to UOR and I hope you stay and enjoy your time with us.
  7. Aspi

Aspi New Member

Hey Gracekain and all others. I am new here too. Its less than 12 hours actually and everyone I have met so far were very helpful. I think you were just unlucky with that person. It is a matter of time for you to meet with some lovely people out there I guess ;)
    ReZon likes this.
  8. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Welcome to PANDAHOUSE, UOR!
  9. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You're not a resident of Ren until you've (been) had (by) Chinese food (panda house).

It's like going to the dentist. Grin, and get it over with.