luck

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by SIRCAPTED, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Daggoth

Daggoth Active Member

Yeah, seems like we are way off topic, so why not continue with that. I can understand why these changes were made considering the climate of the server. Stealing used to be reasonably difficult to level up back then, so there were way less thieves. In the climate of an easy come easy go free server, without some restraints there would be even more thieves everywhere you look.

The trade window thing was the same in the early 00's, and that mechanism makes enough sense to me. I wouldn't want to buy something from someone, just to have it stolen back the moment it hits my pack. As a person who plays a thief I am ok with the opposition having defense against this. I would definitely question why one would choose to sit at the bank continuously opening trade windows with rares and not trading them, that seems like an odd waste of one's own time.

So I see your point with the changes made going against how thievery works, that all makes sense. In my opinioin a thief is very playable here, and it's still quite fun. I don't believe the role is nerfed in its playability, regardless of the statistical changes. So in that respect, it really is about how it feels.
    NCCML and Alvien like this.
  2. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

@AlexCCCP Dude can you please remove that butt from your avatar? It doesn't look like a female butt and I'm not happy.
    Jakob likes this.
  3. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

The butt is female and the butt stays.
    SIRCAPTED and Valrick like this.
  4. Surfrats

Surfrats Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I played for about a year after luck was introduced. I sat in Fel Wind at the blood elemental spawn as a peace tamer. I had a full non-med 100% LRC max luck suit and I would sit there with my bag of sending and farm all day. It was mindless gameplay, but I enjoyed it. Seems strange to me now. Having only one account, doing little to no macroing at all. Working hard to afford those +20 powerscrolls and artifacts. Working even harder to get taming to 120. Finding little tips and tricks to GM things quickly (8x8, vet locked animal lore gains). Ask chopper.

Good times. Never again though.
  5. SIRCAPTED

SIRCAPTED Member

so some old players here some new!
    how about the days when you went to shrines for kharma?
    same days as luck!
  6. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

I agree! Butt, begone!
    NCCML likes this.
  7. DaemonOfSiege

DaemonOfSiege Member

luck did not reduce the chance of getting stolen from, insurance did. You can not steal insured items, and Tram also helped stop thieves.
    Luck was introduced with AOS on 2/11/2003.
    As a tamer, I was able to wear whatever items had the most luck, being able to med was not vital, especially with being able to recall with my bonded pets. After Pub 16 in 2012, a single WW and a mare maxed out the follower slots. Riding the mare and having the WW bonded, allowed recalling instead of having to gate, which uses a lot less mana. Using the pets to attack also means a lot less mana use, so for a time I was wearing some plate armor for the luck value.
    I personally would not like to see any such system introduced here... I just think it becomes too cumbersome, but that was also with the new AOS item properties system.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    snap dragon likes this.
  8. SIRCAPTED

SIRCAPTED Member

thats a fine butt!!!!! no matter what anybody says!!!!!