Lumberjacker or Med Warrior? (Finishing my warrior char).

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Drave, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Drave

Drave Active Member

I'm finishing my warrior (which in theory was planned to be a Lumber) but I'm not sure if change to a med warrior with a bit of poisoing. Lumber for now doesn't seem very impresive (only 65 of LB at the moment).

Lumber: Swords/Tactics/Anatomy/Healing/Resist/Lumber/70 Magery/30 Meditation -> Axes
    Med Warrior: Swords/Tactics/Anatomy/Healing/Resist/80 Magery/70 MEditation/50 Poisoning -> Katana

What do you think? I would like to use this char for both PvM/PvP but maybe more used for PvP as I have my tamer too.

Maybe another approach would be forgot absolutelly about Magery and give for example Hiding or Archery to the Lumber or another usefull skill.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    One likes this.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  3. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

Go with your lumberjack…

make magery GM and 0 med…

Carry gheal wand/s for extra healing and you also have healing too + around 3-4 gheals by magery… Should be enough.. No need to cut magery down to 70 for 30 med. Which would only cut down your gheal and wont really give you much of a med..
    One likes this.
  4. Drave

Drave Active Member

Thanks for the answers. And about stats? I started with 90/90/45 for avoid MB but this week I'm trying 90/100/35 for faster swings and faster heals with bandages.

100 Magery gives me a lof of tricks... I was worried about no Med but I suppose I can get some heals/Magic Reflection/Invis, etc. It can help.

I never tried before but... go without magery in the field is not an option isn't it?
  5. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

For your lumberjack go 90 80 55
    So it wont hurt with MB and with potions you will have 100 dex

without magery its more like a RP build..
    One likes this.
  6. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If you intend to PvP with the character, then no going with no magery isn't really an option. And for PvM, I wouldn't recommend a dexxer that doesn't have any bardic skills, as you won't really be able to kill much of value.
    One likes this.
  7. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

30-35 magery (Recall via scroll / scroll in runebook)
    100 tactics
    100 Lumberjacking
    100 anatomy
    100 sword
    100 healing

That's 535 total

165 skill left over

Poisoning is a waste of money, just have a friend poison or buy them from vendors.
    Resist is great for anti PK, helps resist that paralyze sometimes so you can get that recall off. Also good for hunting casters.
    Hiding also seems like a waste of skill points. PKs will get you before or after you hide. recall off scroll is safer.

My Lumberjack Dexxer:
    30 Margery
    90 tactics (+tactics weapons put me at 100 or up to 115 tactics)
    80 healing (Just enough to Rez people, 90 is more ideal but since I have peace. most mobs don't hit me.)
    100 Peace
    100 Music
    Able to kill balrons.

---
    90 str = 95 hp
    100 str = 100 hp

Bang for your buck 90 str is optimal, as mentioned potions can max you.

With 30 Magery you have a ~50% chance to cast Magic Reflect off a scroll. Which is perfectly fine.

---
    oh one more idea
    Smithing/Mining make a great battle miner
    or
    taming/A.lore. Tamer dexxers have the highest dps and most consistent on the shard by far.
    Frenzy Ostard or Nightmares. in a pack you'll be melting bosses. Plus they can tank for you. But you'd have to fit Vet somehow.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  8. Drave

Drave Active Member

Thanks for your answers. I'll give it a try with 100 Magery.

For PvM I can use my tamer. I was more interested in go to the field for PvP with a warrior. I always been using a mage in OSI and I'm a bit tired. That's the reason this char has 100 Magic resist.

Also it seems I can use it for events like halloween for example. :)
  9. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

It is an expensive build.. For an effective Warrior you need to carry a good runic weapon as primary weapon and couple dpEd katanas... Around 30ish exp pots.. And if you die its almost around 50 - 60k gold loss. But I must admit it is fun build to play with. If you can time your pots and has the right ping to chase people you can be pretty annoying on the field in small sclae group fights.

But if you are getting outnumbered by 3-4 that unfortunately that build is not playable..
    @Woody III was the best lj warrior in the server.. If he would have time and mood he might help you out with a few tricks.. Unfortunately he doesn't play here anymore regularly...
  10. Arawn

Arawn Well-Known Member

But with 30 magery Magic reflect is useless. The amount of circles you reflect is based off of the skill of magery you have, scroll or no.

This is yet another reason why GM magery is highly suggested for any pvp build.

---------------

In regards to med, you should be wearing either bone or metal armor, which negates med (bone only negates 50% but at low skill its worthless) so you should plan your build not around regening mana. I personally run with at least 50 int/mana on my dexxers so I can cast an 8th circle spell if needed too, Like a daemon, or quick rez with a scroll in a clutch scenario.
  11. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

I just want to say he said Maybe used for pvp. The build Info I presented is clearly for pve content.
    hense stuff like music, peace, smithing, mining, etc in my post.
  12. Arawn

Arawn Well-Known Member

at 30 magery, magic reflect is useless no matter if its pvp or pve
  13. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

The info I posted is correct. I never once said the magic reflect would be useful. chill out.

This is all I said:
    The 30 magery is for recall off scroll. But you don't seem to read english well.
    And for the 2nd time. The info I posted was for pve oriented gameplay.
  14. Arawn

Arawn Well-Known Member

Ok! I will go chill out now.

Good day sir :rolleyes:
  15. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  16. Drave

Drave Active Member

Hi all,

sadly I found this char doesn't help me for this event (against undead) for example or farm some HC in the graveyards. I don't have any way to control when I fight against 2 or 3 monsters. SO i think for ironmans will be worst.

I have the feeling trying to do viable in both worlds (PvM/PvP) I'm not enough good in neither of them.

As I have a scribe/mage which is very good in PvP and a tamer for PvM, I think I'm going to focus this char in this kind of events and ironmans in the future.

Could you help me to reconvert this char in one useful for this purpose?¨

This is my current char:

GM Swordmanship/Tactics/Anatomy/Healing/Resist 75 Magery/71.6 Lumberjacking /53.4 Meditation.

I'm raising Magery & Lumber and dropping Meditation.

Please, take in mind what I've raised at the moment. I think if this char would be focused in this kind of events maybe magery is not needed and I could keep Magic Resist.

Option 1: Drop magery or resist/lumberjacking -> Music/Provo or Peace (I'm not sure which one is better for a dexxer).
    Option 2: Drop magery/resist -> Music/Provo or Peace (I'm not sure which one is better for a dexxer).
    Option 3: Drop Magery/resist/lumberjacking -> Music/Provo or Peace/Discordance.

Of course focus on this let me change from 90/90/45 to 100/100/25 as (in theory) i dont need to avoid Mind Blasts.

Other options are welcome!
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  17. One

One Well-Known Member

18. Drave

Drave Active Member

So your option would be:

GM Swordmanship/Tactics/Anatomy/Healing/Music/Provocation/Magery? It seems a solid build with a lot of option due to Magery.
    One likes this.
  19. One

One Well-Known Member

20. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Active Member

I think I missed where in the thread musicianship got added in, but I thought I'd share my LJ's template. Basically, I'm having onto 100 magery for utility and "oh shit" moments, but the rest is pure LJ.

http://uoplanner.com/share/6l35y/lj-with-magery