Mace fighting

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Nootka, Feb 27, 2017.

1. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

It was publish 17... 2003
  2. Loxness

Loxness Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber
    UO:R Donor

I would have to disagree Blaise. We already have Valorite & Verite (and more commonly Agapite) weapons that are much stronger than anything a vanq quarter/black staff could do damage wise. (Non slayer, of course). And under that notion, war hammers should be one of (if not the best) weapon in game as currently constructed... And that appears to be false as is anyways.

I still think crushing blow in general (or some formula of it mixed with the custom damage system of this server) is a bit weak. It's "suppose" to do a flat 50% damage increase on the 'rolled' attack at the time of the crushing blow special. That is what made it so powerful in the past. Hence all the old faction blessed war hammer wielders (for those whom remember those..now those were OP lol)
  3. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Its a moot point and macing could use some help. I'm for adding crushing blow to staves.
    Loxness likes this.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'm not opposed to seeing how it goes. By all means, let's try and get it setup on test and see how it feels.

I don't see the class as imbalanced compared to other weapon classes personally but if you think there's room for fine tuning, I'd be happy to try it out.

The only real issue I have with macing presently is the war axe problem but that's about it.
  5. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

And not to derail the derailment of the derailment..... But why couldn't war axes ever be poisoned? They didn't get axe bonuses... And they are bladed. All other one handed "bladed" weapons get to be poisoned. HMMMMMM.....

[​IMG]
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

It has been a mace class weapon since launch....the only problem is that it does not sap stamina on this shard, yetc.
  7. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

For the record....

http://www.uoguide.com/Ultima_Online:_Renaissance

Ultima Online: Renaissance, also known as UO:R, is Ultima Online's second expansion. Released on May 4, 2000, it had an estimated retail price of $19.95 US.

Special Moves -- Special moves introduced. Every Two-Handed Weapon of the three fighting skills was given a special ability that had a 20% chance of executing on each blow. These special moves only worked in Player vs. Player combat.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

player vs player only

the special moves (of the three basic ones) used here are from pub 17 sans the ability to trigger
    supplemented with an increased %age to fire off on players and npc's
  9. BuckofPac

BuckofPac New Member

If i remember right Qstaffs didnt do crushing blows on OSI servers either or was removed shortly after UOR ... I remember them on the first UOR test server and they were mean! but at launch they said Qstaffs ability to break armor and be fast was a good enough perk
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell Member

I love maces. My mace fighter has done pretty well so far, fighting the vile Brigands that live south of Yew.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  11. FireDog

FireDog New Member

How is the mace going ?

Is it still only War Hammer that gives crushing blow?
    One likes this.
  12. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    FireDog likes this.
  13. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

14. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Would be so cool to see crushing blow added to staffs. I want to run around with my mage pretending to be Gandalf! - seriously, i have a mage/mace fighting template..
    Loxness likes this.