Make Dexers Great Again

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Arcanias, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

See arcanias with a golden or agapite axe runing to you in a dungeon is terrible... imagine this guy running around with a valorite axe...
    Lord Sky and Kiryana like this.
  2. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Would a “no man made” be a middle ground that could be agreed upon?

Only traditionally sourced & farmed weapons or event weapons (pink bows, green maces, red katanas would complete many an outfit and throw a rocket into the sales forum) nothing with a GM tag, so no runics.....be a happy medium?

IF they came with a HUGE price tag - in copper. Which in turn would create a huge boost in farming and activity to collect more trash.

Cause if we could agree on a middle ground and asked for it we’d have a FUCKKKK of a lot more chance at actually implementing a change here.
    It’s not an unreasonable request or a new coding/artwork request like asking for rainbow roller skates as an alternative to horses.....
    Chafe, Xavant_BR and Arcanias like this.
  3. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

i am a complete noob here, but i dont understand the fact the people wont take out their "perfect"slayers Whats the point in even having them if you cant enjoy them? I know its a risk, but if i had it just in the bank just to look at, id get bored faster. The repond and Elf slayers can be used in instances, so those are safe, but the silver vanqs, if you wanna use a dexer to LLs or something, use em. sure you could get PKd.
  4. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The problem is the cost of the weapons. If you spend 300k-1 million on a weapon, you aren't gonna use it in LL.

I couldn't care any less about forcing blessed weapons to be exclusive to factions. Nobody plays factions. The glory days of a population that supports fun and diverse faction play are long gone. I think it's a waste of time to try to breath life into a dead aspect of the game.

I agree that having blessed Valorite runics would be awful. Having the ability to actually use high end slayers outside of instances would be great.

I like the idea of no player made weapons being eligible. Bless a great vanq weapon or a slayer.

High copper cost, lots of farming. Would get peeps out into the world. I like it.
    Earsnot likes this.
  5. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

I agree with earnshot thing. Those colored ones like that green mace, a drop in the last easter. Like ranger armour... phoenix... more comestic but with a little level of functionality. By the way, we could be able to bless a a decaying bone set and those other halowen and daemon armours. Anyway in a 7 year old shard, any radical change could affect too much the playability...
    Earsnot likes this.
  6. Jessica

Jessica Active Member

what about a (very hard) quest to get ONE weapon bless "topped up"?
    i dont understand why tamers can have their own quest and we dexxers cant.....
    Earsnot and Arcanias like this.
  7. Buccaneer Bob

Buccaneer Bob New Member

Make bows blessable and repairable, not just facsimile of fort powder!
    Ubo likes this.
  8. silencesg

silencesg Active Member

Drop bandage timers for dexxers would balance things abit.

Currently 80 Dex gives u a bandiheal every 10s

Adopt current UO meta and drop it to 7s at 80 Dex and 6s at 100 Dex

Should help plenty.
    Elf and Holden like this.
  9. Lord Sky

Lord Sky Well-Known Member

I like the idea of blessed slayers. Make them lose durability twice as fast, so that they're expensive to keep using.