Mask of the wilds question

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by lawn elder, Nov 19, 2019.

1. lawn elder

lawn elder Well-Known Member

Hey Mask of the wilds owners, question for you. In practice what does this do to dragon taming? How much better are your odds for success on a given tame? Not looking for an exact answer, your perceptions are fine. Just wondering as this is a big ticket item I am interested in, just want to know how the rubber meets the road.
    Kiryana likes this.
  2. eherruh

eherruh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

"Meh"; It helps but it's not exactly life changing.

The statistics* for the chance to tame and control respectively, assuming GM Lore, are as follows:

At GM:
    - White Wyrms: 7.4% & 92.2%
    - Dragons: 12.2% & 99%

At 103 (MoW):
    - White Wyrms: 13.4% & 99%
    - Dragons: 18.2% & 99%

At 105 (MoW + Bustier of Domination):
    - White Wyrms: 17.4 & 99%
    - Dragons: 22.2% & 99%

Depending on your method of choice for taming Dragons, the bonus can be viewed as just a 6% speedup in taming time and thus negligible. With regards to taming White Wyrms there's increased value in that their spawn is a hotzone of activity with more competition and risk involved. But in the long term, the biggest benefit comes in the chance to control WWs, IMO at least.

Of course, YMMV.

*based on tools such as
    - https://www.strangeworld.com/uo/prc/tools/tamingcalc.php
    - https://www.uo-cah.com/pet-control-chance

& info from:
    - http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/WhiteWyrm
    - http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/Dragon
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Kiryana likes this.
  3. lawn elder

Oh yea that's not a huge boost, ok thanks @eherruh. I will stop salivating over this item.
    Kiryana likes this.
  4. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

I used mine two times to remate very nice dragons that got wild.
    In mine opinion, after get some blessed rulebooks.. a good house with lots of secured chest... no trouble to salivate under one of that..
    In percentage, looking the numbers the is not a huge difference... but trust me.. when you are taming a top prime Mare, or a a spooky dragon at Halloween, every second/attempt matters.. i have friends that tamed WW in one or two attemptives... and this makes all the difference from getting pked and stay alive with a 500k animal.
  5. lawn elder

I am thinking of this as a "nice to have" now. Definitely desirable, not one I am going to prioritize atm. Thanks everyone for the great insight into this interesting item.
  6. Cronos

Cronos Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber
    UO:R Donor

@lawn elder they are nice to have but not an absolute. I tamed hundreds of dragons without and always collect zoo animals because I think MOTW is something every tamer should earn not buy. The zoo scrolls are a great time.
    Xavant_BR likes this.
  7. lawn elder

Good point, I just got started on my scroll. I need to dedicate some time to hunting these guys down!
  8. Ikibahd

Ikibahd Active Member

Technically going from 12.2% to 18.2% is very nearly a 50% increase in chance to tame (extra 6% is just shy of 50% of 12.2) Still going to fail a lot though!