Mining macros... are they illegal?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Pilo, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Pilo

Pilo Member

Hi,

I've made a set of macros to make mining a hell of a lot less tedious. Basically you run up to a spot, press on the numpad which direction the vein is in (north, north east, east, south east and so on as you go round the numbers) and it will mine that spot dry, then dump all ore in your bag into your pack horse.

I don't think in that respect it does anything disallowed... it wouldn't work AFK but as long as you have pickaxes and a pack horse you press a button and it will milk the spot with no further input.

My issue is... there was a macro that did something similar here before, but I remember it wouldn't work anymore as Razor no longer picks up the 'the is no more to mine here' or whatever it is message. My guess being it somehow helped fight against the AFKing?

My version just goes around that by not explicitly looking for the 'no more to mine' message, but ruling out it having not been there.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    NCCML and FartBarf like this.
  3. Pilo

Pilo Member

"Also, since you've been here for a couple months now, you probably know that the least tedious way to mine is by killing golems and ore elementals which reside in caves and can be dug up with gargoyle's pickaxes/shovels."

Haha. I have found that out. Sadly the tedium of getting 85-GM led me to spend probably 150 skill points worth of time making these macros.
    One likes this.