Missing at high skill levels

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by ico1, May 26, 2013.

1. ico1

ico1 New Member

I have been missing with GM mace fighting and GM tactics the majority of the times I hit, and when I finally do hit I do less than 10 dmg the majority of the time. Everything is repaired and the weps I use are vanq and power. Anatomy is at like 99. I have no idea why this is happening but its not only me. It seems really pointless to work a warrior to GM stats and get good equipment only to have the character do this.

miss----miss----5-----2---30---miss---miss---9-----miss---miss----miss----miss----miss---3

Not exaggerating, just want to know what the point in having a warrior on this shard is and if its gonna stay like that then I might as well give up.

When my weps are fully repaired I do notice a difference, but I still hit for less than 10 more than I hit for above... when I do hit.
  2. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

For melee gm to gm is 50% chance to land a hit, more than likely you are not fighting mobs with gm fighting so you should hit more often. Also, it seems you will get way more misses in a row than hits for some reason. Just be glad you werent here in the early live days when armor was absorbing way too much dmg. I feel the wave of dmg should definately be on the high end of the spectrum. I will begin running a melee oriented guild and will lobby for appropriate changes that will help the melee community in pvp and pvm.
  3. alvastrade

alvastrade New Member

Currently building a swords/lumberjack melee guy right now. I'd be interested to see what you come up with Wulver.
  4. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

Both missing and damages seem to be a bit funny. I happen to use spears nearly all the time and my force spear usually lands a 1 dmg hit (if it hits of course), which is why I don't bring any weapons (other than a dagger to defend and carve).

I too approve that it looks a bit funny with melee weapons here.
  5. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

I will gather information next month, but I think the melee fighter needs a few tweeks all around to improve it. We cant make them too powerful that mages and tamers cry though, but the fighter is usually the one risking their skin for little reward.
  6. pdodd

pdodd New Member

Fought executioners with GM of all relevant combat skills and a +15 tactics weapon. Was only able to hit probably once every twenty hits. :(
  7. ico1

ico1 New Member

I'm not wanting the warriors to be overpowered, if I wanted that I would go on a shard that had Pally's and Necros and other such classes. I just want what is due for getting GMed in all my skills. If there is any way I can help get the warriors balanced then I will help, my in game name is Genivessa. I am a pure warrior.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Stick around, stay a part of the conversation and help test pending changes on the test shard. The more constructive feedback, research and testing done, the better the shard will become.
  9. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  10. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

This kind of topic cries out for real data, not just random observations. If you are serious about it, go on test and post screenshots of the combat log book.
  11. pdodd

pdodd New Member

I was thinking that the combat log book hasn't been implemented yet? I may be mistaken.
  12. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Players are welcome to run their own tests on our test server using the combat log book to determine their templates combat effectiveness.

The Combat Log Book
    [​IMG]

The staff on Renaissance have designed a unique utility to allow players and the staff to run extensive combat tests to verify everything is working correctly. Simply hop on our test server and try it out. Weapons & Supplies are provided.

Chance to hit in Ultima during the T2A and UOR era's was always based on your combat skill vs the defenders combat skill. While fighting a player this is usually 100 vs 100 resulting in a 50% chance to hit.

While fighting monsters this can vary from 35%-75% depending on the monsters skills.

The only change that might be seen some day is giving grandmaster warriors a bonus chance to hit vs monsters, as this would not affect the known PvP mechanics of the era. This is still undergoing staff discussion however.
  13. Verdorben

Verdorben New Member

This is an interesting topic, from my experiences the 'phenomenon' is limited to interaction between players and monsters. From the few skirmishes I've had with dexxers, the hit ratio seems correct for PvP. (I'd like to pretend it was even on the side of unfair for my poor mage trying to get a cast off :D )
  14. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Something should be in place like, you have not hit consecutively for 10 sec you get a guaranteed max blow. If it were based off swings for example 4 misses with Katana or 2 missed bow shots.

*edit*
    I just ran over 500 swings (100 intervals), gm vs gm and I would see 3 misses in a row frequently with the most being 6 in a row. My hit percentages:
    45%
    52%
    47%
    49%
    53%

One weapon took 76 swings to hit maximum damage (the 53% one)!!! I will try some vs monster tests later, not sure what monsters to test on though.
  15. ico1

ico1 New Member

I am guessing in pvp it is more fair, seeing as how both players are going to be dealing with the same percent chance to hit. Maybe the damage would still be an issue but not sure, how do you get on the test site? I would like to see what I could find out.
  16. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

test.uorenaissance.com 2597
  17. ico1

ico1 New Member

Thank you, I will prolly mess around on there later today. One idea I saw on another thread y'all had about bows was if the skill was GM'ed then you never hit for a single digit, I think that would be good for all weapons for PvM but not sure if it would be as good for PvP.

Off topic, is there any way to repair bows? Kicking Bird has a stealth archer but he just recently realized that you cannot repair bows with fetching so I was wondering if that was gonna change or is he just gonna have to throw away his bow and get another?
  18. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Thanks for running the test Wulver. The numbers show a 49.2% chance to hit which is almost exactly what is expected, 50%.
  19. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

The only way to repair items which cannot normally be repaired is by use of the powders of fortification, which will increase both the current hits & hits-max of the item by a +10/+10 to both fields.

Executioners have a substantially elevated level of skills.

Code:
    SetSkill( SkillName.Anatomy, 125.0 );
    SetSkill( SkillName.MagicResist, 83.5, 92.5 );
    SetSkill( SkillName.Swords, 125.0 );
    SetSkill( SkillName.Tactics, 125.0 );
    SetSkill( SkillName.Lumberjacking, 125.0 );