Monsters/animals

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DarkWing, Jul 29, 2012.

1. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor
    UO:R Subscriber

Monsters and Animals are running when they get low hit points ... even clicking on them again does not get them to stay, They should stay and fight if you keep clicking on them!
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

UO:R has improved AI. They will run, just like you will as i pk you :) Hope that helps
  3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I will take a look at the patch notes to see if there is any hint as to how this should be. I suspect it is correct since the fight or flight response is health check based. Regardless of aggression by other mobiles, monster will trigger the flight reaction if their hp is under a certain level.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Not sure if it's correct, but I certainly think it feels better this way.
    Maybe some spawn should be so 'crazy' they just keep at it no matter their health, but otherwise, run!!

Also worth noting is that provocation will override that flight and the sub-%20 monster will begin to fight again for a time before running away again.
  5. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I hunt bloods/elders/white wyrms all the time and they never run when they're low. Some monsters do but some dont.
  6. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yea, I've added this to the list as I have seen a variety of other free servers have to address this problem. It would be per creature though, as a hind would run from you when its hit points are low, however a daemon would not.

Any patch notes related to monster aggression, fear etc would be handy as a reference.
  7. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I think it's fine as is. I mean arctic ogre lords are big panzies, but it's not a big deal.