Moonglow suggestion

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Ruiz, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Myself and a few of my friends recently got back into UO and started on this great server a month or so ago. We really like the improvements made to the game. The stable in Moonglow is fantastic. Makes the city feel more complete. We've pretty much made the island our home for the last 10 years or so. We've always felt one thing Moonglow really lacked that other towns had was a tavern. A place we could kick back a few pints of ale and share some stories. I know its not very era accurate, but it would add so much to the city to have a tavern. I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement but there are a bunch of semi unused buildings around the island. There is one just south of the bank that could make a fantastic tavern location. There is also the Counselors Guild building, not sure about how much use it gets internally tho. But besides those two, there are many other buildings scattered around. Just some thoughts we'd been throwing around anyways. Great server you all are running. Good job, and we'll be sticking around here for a long time.
  2. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

I love the idea. I'm game for any upgrades like this.
  3. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

if its not in the demo CD i veto it
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The staff is always open to ideas on how to use abandoned and unused buildings. Since so many players are new to this era and sometimes Ultima Online it improves the experience if they can find more variety in each town. We have invested a substantial amount of time making Occlo have one of every type of building to help our young players get started.

As long as the idea is within reason and doesn't require a heavy construction project we are open to constructive ideas.
  5. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

I don't think a bar is too much to ask. But make sure you can handle a drunk Tater because moonglow is awesome.

<---- also it's my location
  6. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

The counselor's center seems like it would be a great little meeting spot, and would suit the feel of Glow pretty well. Smallish, intimate, and doesn't require anything but decor and NPC additions. Do the counselor's centers get utilized at all here?
  7. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Ah, I always thought Moonglow didn't have one because it was too "erudite" for drinking halls.

I'm definitely not against it though. Who doesn't like more booze? Let the streets run amber with the suds of spilled beers.
  8. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Good idea! I'm all for drinking establishments!
  9. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

We occasionally use them but that's a viable option. Anyone want to suggest a theme and name?
  10. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Wow, my friends and I are thrilled by all the support for this! If the counselors guild is used, I think it would be great. Perfect location by the bank and its inside the city gates. The layout is really nice. It has two sides. Maybe it could be a tavern with a bar and coctail tables in the room on the left and a restaurant with longer dining tables on the room on the right. Maybe throw in a couple chess/checker boards and a dart board and its good to go. Idk just some suggestions off the top of my head, but yeah I'm really excited about this!
  11. trist007

trist007 New Member

Sounds like an awesome idea! I can't wait.

@Ruiz, I like that layout, think it would be good. Definitely a dart board and chess boards.

As for names, I thought of "The Golden Mare".

-Tristan
  12. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

The Glowing Pitcher

Decor should reflect the spirit of moonglow so some books and magic items, maybe a bubbling flask or two ;)
  13. shadyguy

shadyguy New Member

How about you do a name submission contest? Highest voted name gets to choose theme and possibly other odds and ends?

Just a thought.
  14. Spooner

Spooner Active Member

Sounds good to me, but I have to wonder just how much it will actually get used.

Though I suppose we could hold some game tournaments at the new tavern with dice, darts, whatever.
  15. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I'm really liking the name ideas. As for use.. alot of us hang out at the bank anyways, having a place to kick back and relax a screen away would be great. A bunch of us are already planning to party big there the night it opens lol.
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

The Mystic Flagon
  17. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Setup a poll with the various names and we can go with which gets the most votes and suits moonglow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

The Hairy Knuckle
  19. Google-

Google- Member

The Drunken Clam
  20. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

So, current suited name suggestions:

The Golden Mare
    The Glowing Pitcher
    The Mystic Flagon
    The Mages Mug (my own, just adding it here)

Current not-so-suited suggestions:

The Hairy Knuckle
    The Drunken Clam

Any others? Otherwise I'll post up a poll shortly.