More Mid-Level Boss Mobs!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Cero, Sep 9, 2015.

1. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

How long does it take?
  2. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

A colossus with a repond axe maybe 30 minutes or so. The azure took me 2 hours easy
  3. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Like x100

If you need any ideas Chris let us know, I'm sure we can come up with some creative ones! ;)
    Lord Krake and newme like this.
  4. David Scraggs

30 mins is not bad….
  5. Fullmetal

Fullmetal Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

There is so much love in this post! DEXXER LOVE!
    Erza Scarlet and newme like this.
  6. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Way to go Chris. :)

Marjo Governess of Wispfelt

Westra on IRC
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  7. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Colossus? My dexxer/bard takes them down in 3-5 min depending on provo success.

Or are you guys talking about pure dexxers?
  8. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Mine was a pure dexxer, I've never used a peace dexxer and I've never used my provo dexxer outside of instances
  9. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Bump and reminder! Where are our new bosses!? Atleast give us the tamer event bosses in the over world!

Edit: This was talk from Nov 2015...
    Rex likes this.
  10. David Scraggs

While we wait...
  11. Arnold Lutz

Arnold Lutz Well-Known Member

A few of the tamer quest bosses do spawn in the over-world since this port was created, I think.
    If you didn't already know.
    Obsdian Gargoyle - Spawns in the desert area south of the Oasis in t2a
    Ophidian Queen - Spawns in the Ophidian lair in the t2a desert.

I think the goal was to introduce the Two headed Behemouth and Jungle Titan into T2a as well, but working a good location, and spawn point for them was the issue.
  12. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

Love the ideas the OP put forward.
    also love the bump on this thread :)
    I have a few suggestions myself:

Blackrock Infected Mage: inspired by the blackrock event in payshards (huge amounts were found in Ocllo). This boss spawns underground in Ocllo dungeon, same room as the evil mage mage and daemon.

Captain of the Royal Guard: spawns from guard npc's at select 1 or 2 outposts. Those guards are hard hitters so no need to buff their melee attacks but maybe give them only mace weapons so you gotta stay refreshed to avoid getting stuck.
    (A nice boss for nefarious characters to hunt)

+++ brigand overlord and orc chieftain the OP suggested
    Melochabre, Cero and Erza Scarlet like this.
  13. Melochabre

Melochabre Well-Known Member

This topic is near and dear to my heart. I only play one fighting toon (an axer) and I have supported, and will continue to do so, anything that gives dexxers more PvM options. I think that instead of simply saying, "I agree" we all need to put forth ideas and criticize these ideas, both to help make Chris's life a little easier and to produce the most well-thought final ideas.

My ideas:
    This is a reposting of some stuff I posted back in 2014 in the Development forum.

Bogborne Maneater (Name could use some help)
    Creature Family: Plant - Corpser
    Color: Reddish Brown
    Stats: High Strength, Moderate to Low Dexterity, Very Low Intelligence
    Description: The Maneater is a rare species of plant found in and very near to swamps. Owing to its general structure it is believed to be closely related to the corpser and the swamp tentacle; though, more so to the former than the latter due to its limited mobility. It is an extremely hardy plant that resists all but the most virulent poisons and has a thick fibrous skin that can withstand the repeated blows of even the strongest lumberjack. However, the fibrous skin grants virtually no protection against most direct magical attacks.

The plant is not particularly adept at hitting a moving a target; its strategy is to lie in wait for unsuspecting prey. But, when it does hit its mark the results can be dire. Tiny needle-like thorns cover their whip-like branches and constantly secret a paralytic toxin. The paralysis is short-lived but, due to the proximity to the Maneater, is often fatal for all but the most resilient of creatures.

Wurm (think Tremors)
    Creature Family: Reptile - Sea Serpent (model)
    Color: White/Grey
    Stats: Very High Strength, Moderate Dexterity, High Intelligence
    Description:Wurms are tunneling reptiles with no arms or legs but huge mouths and an appetite to match. It is not known when or where a wurm will appear but when they do it's best to be elsewhere. No one knows how many wurms exist but they are believed to be ancient creatures with lifespans in the thousands of years. Wurms primarily sustain themselves on organisms, which they swallow whole, found underground and within the soil Though they occasionally come to the surface to feed on the animals, and people, above. They are highly aggressive creatures and will attack on first sight.

From the accounts of those that have encountered wurms and lived to tell of it, they seem to have a similar, and fairly one-dimensional, strategy. When a victim is spotted the wurm burrows and attempts to execute their first attack from below the ground. Following the success (or failure) of the initial attack, it will then use magics incapacitate and weaken its target before making subsequent attacks. Their teeth are razor-sharp from countless hours tunneling through dirt and rock, and this makes them extremely deadly weapons that are easily capable of cutting a fully grown bull in half. Their skin is covered in extremely thick and dense scales - much harder than dragon scales - which makes them difficult, but not impossible, to kill with traditional arms. Attempts to kill them with poison have yielded mixed results; poisons of all strengths are effective but finding a chink in their armor is troublesome.

*Not entirely sure if the game allows these guys to travel over land. Also, I have not quite figured out how to spawn these. I may be trying too hard to push a creature that just doesn't work*

Hell Hound Brood Mother
    Creature Family: Misc - Hell Hound
    Color: Black Fur
    Stats: High Strength, High Dexterity, Moderate Intelligence
    Description: The Brood Mother is sometimes found where other Hell Hounds are found. She is very territorial and she will protect her offspring ferociously. She is always found in the company of several other Hell Hounds, and due to their pack mentality, this makes them extremely formidable. Like other Hell Hounds, the Brood Mother can spew fire from her maw. She is very fast making her hard to hit and she seems to have an innate resistance to spells. She will periodically cry out a loud howl for other hounds to aid her during an encounter which might prove to be overwhelming.
    Cero likes this.
  14. Melochabre

Melochabre Well-Known Member

These are great ideas. I really like the Captain of the Royal Guard. Giving them the stam drain from using macing weapons is a great idea and sounds like a fun challenge for a dexxer.
    Cero likes this.
  15. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

This bogborne is an awesome idea!!!

Never thought about having good npc bosses for the dasterdly to hunt!!

I'll have to go in-depth a bit more on my suggestions. @Chris just curious, how much coding goes into making a mini boss like the ones we are suggesting here?