Mutombo's Rhodesian Guide to BIG GAME HUNTING

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Mutombo, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Mutombo's Rhodesian Guide to Big Game Hunting
    A List of Boss Spawn Locations

There are currently 13 boss spawn locations throughout Britania. I will update the Big Game Hunting Guide as more bosses are added.

Below is a list of the Bosses in order of difficulty

1. the Purveyor of Darkness -- Spawn from Killing Balarons in Hythloth level 3
    2. an elder wyrm -- Spawn from killing ancient wrym in destard level 3
    3. an azure dragon -- Spawn from killing dragons in main chamber of Destard
    4. a dark one -- spawn from killing the ancient lich in Deceit level 4
    5. a terrathan infiltrator -- spawn from killing terrathan avengers in the main swamp area of terrathan keep
    6. an artic ogre mage - spawn from killing artic ogre lords in ice dugeon
    7. an ogre mage - spawn from killing ogre lords in despise
    8. a diseased blood elemental - spawn from killing blood elementals in shame
    9. Lord %Name% the Grand Visor of Chaos - spawn from killing executioners in wrong
    10. a colossus - spawn from killing cyclops in cyclops valley in northern T2A wilderness
    11. Wyvern Monarch - Spawn from killing wyverns in destard main chamber
    12. a beholder - spawn from killing elder gazers in the Shame gazer halls
    13. an efreet sultan - spawn from killing efreets in the efreet huts in fire dungeon level 2

I will work on getting pictures for the monsters and details about their HP/STR/DEX etc... If anyone comes across one of these monsters please help out by taking a pic and using animal lore on the beast to get data!

[​IMG]

Hope this helps and Enjoy your big game hunting!

Special Thanks to Deacon for their enormous contribution to this guide!
  2. Luminary

Luminary New Member

The dark one is also able to be spawned on the bottom (4th) level of Deceit in the lich lord chamber.
  3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Beholder:
    [​IMG]

Stats:
    [​IMG]

Loot:
    [​IMG]
    (Item not included was 1 peculiar meat when corpse was carved)

Solo'd with 2 freshly tamed dragons.
  4. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

Thank you deacon for you contribution!! If any one else wants to take pictures please post them like deacon did!! Perfect! Thanks again deacon
  5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Efreet Sultan:
    [​IMG]

Stats:
    [​IMG]

Loot:
    [​IMG]
    This time there was no peculiar meat when cut up.

Solo'd with 2 decently leveled dragons.
  6. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

I would like to add to this guide, that the peculiar meat is only found on creatures that are normally carve-able. Creatures such as lich lords, (which the dark one is a variation of) are not normally able to be carved, and as such will not yield the special meat on their corpses.

I will try to add more to this guide when time allows. This is something I planned on doing myself but simply have not had the free time available to do all of this alone.
  7. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Great guide :) I have two questions now though after reading all that. The first one is - does peculiar meat only come from certain carveable creatures or is there a chance to get it on any carveable creatures? Second is - could this guide also include some info about how to spawn these guys? I assume it's just killing a certain number of target monsters within a certain time frame but how many/how long?
  8. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% certain on this since I'm relatively new to the whole big game hunting, but from what I've experienced some mobs that can't be cut regularly CAN drop peculiar meat (Elder Gazers for example), however the Ancient Lich, Executioner and any elemental will not provide any peculiar meat. I have heard that some of the tougher bosses drop more than one peculiar meat, however since I have not found anything larger than an Arctic Ogre Magi (Which dropped just one) I cannot verify this.

In order to spawn them, I have heard that it is a rough 1/120 chance - which seems about right, I have had them spawn at random periods in the day so I do not think time is a factor. What I am curious about is whether the 1/120(?) chance is incremental or just a flat chance, that is to say is it possible to kill an Arctic Ogre Lord, have a Arctic Ogre Magi spawn, then kill the other Arctic Ogre Lord and have another Arctic Ogre Magi spawn. I would assume that there is a counter so that 119 Arctic Ogre Lords must die before an Arctic Ogre Magi finally spawns, but this would require more testing.
  9. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

Peculiar meat can be found on all creatures which are normally able to be carved. This is available on every corpse, it is not a percentage based chance to appear on the corpse upon being carved.

I actually had to double check this to confirm, but this is correct. Although I do believe that elder gazers should naturally yield 1 raw meat upon being carved, at the moment they do not.

The chance for an elite creature, or "big game" as they've been called here lately, to spawn, is relative to their natural difficulty. The stronger variations are more uncommon, while the lesser of the bunch are likely to be seen more frequently. Difficulty aside, all of the elite creatures are designed to be an uncommon sighting, some are just more uncommon than others.

The theory you describe above is technically possible, though the chance for this to occur is extremely rare. The % chance for one to spawn has no incremental value at all based on previous kill history in the area, it is merely percentage based on every respawn. So, in theory, you could have one spawn back to back, but again this would be extremely rare for any variation of them.
  10. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

I have had diseased blood ele and terathan infiltrator spawn back to back, it almost got me killed. :lol:
  11. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Wulver and I got one of the Diseased Blood Elementals, unfortunately I wasn't able to snap a SS of the drops, but the loot was around 4k, a map and no meat.

Diseased Blood Elemental:
    [​IMG]

Stats
    [​IMG]

We used 2 dragons and 4 mares to kill it without any problems and while handling other spawn, but I'm sure 2 dragons would be sufficient if you isolated the champion from the rest of the spawn.

EDIT: Killed a fresh one got a SS of loot
    [​IMG]
  12. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Yes, we made short work of that blood ele...
    Thanks for helping me fill the tub. :twisted:
    [​IMG]
  13. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Thanks for the useful information - great pictures, interesting thread :)
  14. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Came across the Arctic Ogre Mage today, was lucky enough to burn him down before he could kill off my pets. He was a lot tougher than the others I have posted pictures of, I had to swap out some decently trained dragons as they were getting killed rather quickly.

Arctic Ogre Mage
    [​IMG]

Stats
    [​IMG]

Loot
    [​IMG]

I finally took him down with 2 dragons and a nightmare. I'll continue hunting these guys but I'm doubting my chances against some of the tougher ones, if anyone finds any of the top 5 on Mutombo's list and needs help taking them down, send me a PM and I'll help kill it with no need for loot, I'm just interested in getting the info out there for players.
  15. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

If you ever need a support char I have a warrior with GM healing and some archery. I would be happy to help with the research and of course you can keep all the lootz :D
  16. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Found a regular Ogre Mage minutes after killing its arctic brother.

Ogre Mage:
    [​IMG]

Stats:
    [​IMG]

Loot:
    [​IMG]

Strangely enough, while it was slightly weaker than the arctic variant, it dropped more gold.
  17. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

I'll take any help I can get, these guys are incredibly tough!
  18. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Just got one that had meat on it, same thing last night.

Also, here's some more stats:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Double Vision was able to provide screenshots of the Dark One.

[​IMG]

Thanks again DV.
  20. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Just found a dark one and killed him to confirm whether he drops the peculiar meat, all other stats are similar to the ones provided by DV.

Dark One:
    [​IMG]
    Stats:
    [​IMG]
    Loot
    [​IMG]