My character is physically stuck/hiding bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by r3ckon3r, Jan 27, 2019.

1. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

I've only tried this once and it was by no means done on purpose, but I hid next to a house outside a dungeon, opened the stuck in game gump, cancelled it and I was then stuck in that spot even though I didn't select a safe place to be teleported to.

The only way to resolve this was to attack the healer and have him kill me as I was defenceless.

Please could this be looked into

Thanks
  2. Sapharious

Sapharious Active Member

lets see.. there are no houses outside Despise, Covetous, and Wrong... hmm it is a tower outside Hythloth... Deceit is in a mountain... Destard and Shame both have houses and healers out front... you have been on the server for quite a while..

If it was Shame you would have said a healer, or one of the healers... not "the healer"...

so I am guessing DESTARD!
  3. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Well, the beauty of help stuck is that once you chose to use it, you’re stuck...until you’re helped. This is done so that people don’t abuse the help stuck option. So congrats! You discovered you should not use that option just because, but in no way is it a bug.
    Hadrian likes this.
  4. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  5. r3ckon3r

Please re-read my post. I said I did not CHOOSE a location to teleport and instead CLOSED the gump. I did this whilst hiding and was simply not able to move (it kept coming up you are frozen and cannot move) after.

Typically, though, if you choose to close the gump without selection a location you can continue as normal.

It's definitely a bug.
  6. r3ckon3r

7. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think you misunderstand @Pirul post

Help-stuck should only be used if there are no other options. Once you start the process it freezes you, since you're permanently stuck anyway and moving isn't an option.

If canceling and continuing along your way was an option, then that was abuse of the system, and the help-stuck gimp shouldn't have even been opened. This is why you freeze like that, to discourage abuse.

It isn't a bug.