Ned Flanders breaking the law

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by snap dragon, Mar 14, 2017.

1. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

How is Snap exposing this guy using illegal 3rd party programs an example of whining or complaining or tattle telling about legitimate action?
    One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  2. Loxness

Loxness Active Member
    UO:R Donor

As I stated, how can you 100% confirm that the person is using 3rd party programs? This is where the whole "prove it" "No! You prove it!" Argument comes in.
  3. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

STUPID STINKING FLANDERS!
  4. El Horno

Oh, he was AFK taming, renaming and pathfinding to new animals.
  5. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

BECAUSE HE'S RENAMING TAMES AFK!!! HE'S PATHFINDING TO SPECIFIC TARGETS AFK!!! THINGS NOT POSSIBLE WITH RAZOR!!!

...or maybe there's some other reason you're so insistent on people "minding their own business" in this case...
    Balian, Basoosh, Baine and 1 other person like this.
  6. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

Now you are throwing out accusations? C'mon man.

What I am saying is FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE cry wolf on this server. Not saying Snap is, or anyone for that matter... Just simply saying without proof, what does anything prove? Clearly you are all friends, and all vets (As I pointed up top) in several previous posts.... so grain of salt here. When your mind is made up, it is made up. That's all.
  7. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

I was just reading through this thread wondering if he IS the guy in the pix. He sure does seem stuck on defending this guy who was so obviously using more than Razor.

Here's what it boils down to: @Chris owns the server, and @Chris says non-Razor 3rd party programs are illegal. End of story. You want a why? Go ask him. Beyond that, it's the rules and that's where the conversation should end.

Based on this thread, I think it's fair to say that you're NOT saying what everyone else is afraid to. You're the only person suggesting that 3rd party programs shouldn't be illegal. Nobody else is agreeing with you.

If you're not saying that snap is crying wolf, then why are you having this conversation on this thread? Start your own thread about how people cry wolf and people don't really break the rules. Staff won't punish someone unless they are sure that the person is using illegal programs.
    Azerothian and PaddyOBrien like this.
  8. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

You read the thread right? Did you miss this post?

I am just tired of everyone teaming up on the little guy. THAT'S WHAT I MEAN by speaking against the "herd". I have actually gotten pretty far away from the 3rd party part of this. I am simply stating how you have to prove he is doing it. Everything else is about how people cry wolf, gang up on one person, tattle telling, and how people pick and choose when they want to "enforce" or "call out" someone/something.

LanDarr's quote burns bright in this thread, yet everyone ignores it.
  9. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

From the original post:
    Is that not proof? Do you REALLY fail to see the proof? Or do y ou NOT want to see the proof?
  10. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

11. El Horno

Why you pick this thread as the place to throw your foot down is beyond me. Your argument would be stronger if you picked an incident where people were actually crying wolf. Not in incident where the dude was followed around and documented doing things not possible via razor while AFK. They were able to lure a great hart out of the pens and he followed it right through a gate lol. Sound familiar? Take a look at these videos of someone using EUO to pick cotton. Telamon spawned cotton on the other side of the fence and he rans madly at it. Hell, if there had been a gate there he would have ran right through the gate! Sound familiar?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10600402/Shane/bandicam 2014-04-25 10-36-50-525.avi
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10600402/Shane/bandicam 2014-04-25 10-37-49-855.avi

Staff doesn't ban people just because we made a forum post about this stuff, fyi. This, even as much evidence as snap provided, would NEVER result in a ban. Staff has to witness it themselves. They would also just give the person a warning.

If we had any sort of lynch mobesc power maybe I would agree that its a dangerous road to go down, but we don't. We just report anything suspicious and let the boss man take it from there.

edit: Just wanted to add, you think the EUO cotton picker was caught because Chris made his daily rounds to the cotton fields? Or do you think he relies on the rest of the community to let him know when they see it?
    Azerothian, Basoosh, Baine and 2 others like this.
  12. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Ignorance is not an excuse for getting away with breaking the rules. It is not in real life, nor is it here.
    Speaking against the heard is AWESOME!! Congrats!! The problem here is, that the "herd" has PROOF. There is no crying wolf. There is a direct accusation with EVIDENCE of cheating.
    Even @Chris is asking if anyone knows how to do that only with Razor. If it is not possible, then it is irrefutable. THAT is why proof of it being possible is asked for. He is giving the guy a chance to prove it can be done with only Razor. Can you and your coding expertise do it with Razor?
    ...and still it shines on EVERYONE!!
    Balian, One and Kirby like this.
  13. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I'm not saying this post is "proof" Ned did anything wrong. Maybe he was totally attended and using alt+r-click to pathfind to harts, didn't want to talk to me or AdaM HenrY[TKO] , and for some reason decided to let us trap him with boxes and gate him to certain doom, then sit there not moving until PK arrived. I certainly could have made this whole story up right, so it can't relly proof.

But, it's obvious to me that he was cheating, and I don't think that's really a reason to ban him. I would wager that new players start on the server all the time and do things like AFK mine using illegal programs and get sent to jail, given a second chance, and change their ways. If staff witnessed this (I did page a GM, but I don't think they were online), maybe a reminder of the rules and complimentary taming-set-to-zero would suit. I can't really think of anything that razor can't do, if only by a different method, so there shouldn't be any problems with people sticking to the rules.

I think an afk check added to the re-name action would just annoy innocent tamers, and also not stop this problem and if you want to know why/how I will explain it on IRC/PM.
    Basoosh and PaddyOBrien like this.
  14. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Just about once or twice a week I need to tell a "newish" player that UO Steam etc isn't allowed here.
    A majority reply, "wow... really?" ... then shut it down. What if Ned has no idea?

Is this their welcome to the server? Being thrown under the bus as a "cheater" in front of everyone?
    Loxness likes this.
  15. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

16. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Cannot Like that video enough!!
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  17. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  18. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

It goes much deeper than this. This is just a scratch on the surface...I have been briefed by the Cove Ministry of Intelligence and if true, this could be the scandal of 2017... much more scandalous than "Airframer Is Skunk Ape and will betray you-Gate". :eek:

More on that tomorrow....
    Air and One like this.
  19. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Oh good grief...

[​IMG]
    Basoosh and One like this.
  20. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Air likes this.