Need Provocation Advice

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Imbol, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hey,

I don't know what the numbers look like,but I can tell you from experience that I didn't get any oak till about 90 LJ and I was chopping away at tree that later yielded oak!

Let's hope you are able to escape an ambush!
    Imbol likes this.
  2. Imbol

Imbol Active Member

Ah, ok! I can siphon a few points off of Resisting Spells, I think.

100.0 Resisting Spells = 50% chance to resist a spell cast by something with 100.0 Magery?

Seems like a drop to 95 shouldn't be very impactful (unless there's a more complex formula).
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  3. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

Resisting spells works more in a way of lowering damage to a point if being able to resist, so there is a chance to fully resist poison being cast from a low level monster and s reduction of say a flamestrike by a player with GM magery from 45 down to 35.
    Don't quote these numbers as they are not correct, there is however lots of info on this in the forums
    Imbol likes this.
  4. Mexplosivo

Mexplosivo Active Member

Same, don't know numbers, knew i was supposed to get oak because i know where all the oak trees are because of the oak UO Map add-on and i still didn't see oak until around 90ish skill. Still like your idea for your character and UO being such an beauty of a game you can always tweak your char and skills if you see for yourself some things can't be done with "acceptable" results.
    Imbol likes this.
  5. Mozz Hexor

Mozz Hexor Member

Welcome aboard! Some interesting takes above. I have mostly always played a provo mage, but I can't imagine not having GM Magery for travel purposes and both offense/defense. Even a warrior needs magery imo. I can't believe splitting skills up is a good idea either. I believe you GM whatever 7 skills you take and your game play will be much stronger.
    The one thing I miss on UOR skill wise(which is probably not era relative, i don't remember) are the power scrolls and that would change character makeup immensely. Not having them limits barding of Shadow Wyrms and boss types etc, but I get not having them.