Needing some safeish places to farm.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by AutoQQ, Jan 15, 2017.

1. AutoQQ

AutoQQ New Member

I am just getting back into UO from about a 10 year break maybe with a 4 month stint somewhere in the last 6 years.
    That being said I am working on my first char to farm money as a Mage-Provo, I am just using BV to farm gold right now and have about 30k on hand.
    Where are some decently safe places to farm some loot?
    Rickbrent and newme like this.
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I would kill arctic ogre lords. Not very safe but you can balance that out by bringing a miniscule amount of gear so even if/when you do get pkd, you will lose at most 2k. Each arctic ogre lord has about 1k gold so unless you get pkd in the first 5 minutes, you will come out ahead. Arctic ogre lords are very slow and have no magic. Once you are gm provocation you don't even need to bring more then 10 each reg.
    newme likes this.
  3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Honestly most places in T2A are safe (From PK's), the poor terrain, recalling difficulty and low availability of runes makes it impractical for PK's to go there.
    newme likes this.
  4. newme

newme Well-Known Member

To kill them a bit faster, provoke them, cast blade spirit on them, usually more than one. Have dispel on a hot key, to get rid of the Blade Spirit if Orc's die; the blade spirit will target you, or if a blue shows up.( some blues will purposely walk into a blade spirit so you turn grey.)

Also, bank often, when you bank, wait a while before you go back to the Orc Lords. Also clean up the bodies, you do this by dry looting the corpse , use a knife to cut the body up, take meat out, cut body again. The loot you do not want, sell to npc vendors. Or trash can it.

Also, keep sounds on and your journal open where you can read it. Sounds so you can hear approaching players, the sound of recall. Journal open so you can see names before you can see the person. Recall immediately.

Good luck and welcome to UOR. Our staff is great, our player community fantastic, lol even the pkers.

In game Marjo Governess of Wispfelt Village

IRC Westra
    Gutscrank and Orion GM BD like this.
  5. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Yeah, just to chime in... Arctic Ogre Lords seem to have moderate to high PK traffic.

Also be wary, Ice is not the most friendly PK evasion layout. Plus the Arctic Ogre Lords are kinda in a dead end with both ways out next to each other. Just saying...
    newme likes this.
  6. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

i hear trammel is nice this time of year.....
    AutoQQ likes this.
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

based on the character you mentioned

succubus - hythloth 4
    kos heb east - arctic ogre lords, t2a
    terathan keep - south east ophidian camp
    orc bombers/scouts - orc cave 3/4
    cyclops/titans - titan plateau, t2a
    wyverns - wyvern isle, t2a

g'luck
    AutoQQ likes this.
  8. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

City of the Dead north/northwest of Delucia
  9. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Jeez, no need to be snarky.

I wasn't complaining about the PK's, just helping out a fellow Provoker looking for a "safe-ish" place to farm by sharing my opinion based off of the terrain.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  10. AutoQQ

AutoQQ New Member

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm sure I'll run into some pks and even lose to a few. I am not afraid of the dying or loss of stuff. I'm from the old uo days. I played a town thief on great Lakes Dr.No, back when guards chased you. And when you could res grey and start combat grey timers and cause lots of mischief.
    That's being said I had lots of fun pvping as a townie and a mage.

I plan on having a pvp mage and either going pk or getting into other forms of pvp. I just wanted some areas that are not roamed into by pks every 10 mins so I can farm so starting gold for a house and regs.
    Looking forward to getting going on this shard and having fun not dying to ganks or dying to them..
  11. AutoQQ

AutoQQ New Member

Haha! +1 sir or madam.
    Larloch likes this.
  12. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Brit GY always poppin with some ghouls and shit. Zero player traffic too.
    AutoQQ likes this.
  13. Already

Already New Member

This server allow you to play 3 accounts at the same time, try have a hiding char sit somewhere else just to res urself when you get killed and bank often even you arent full they are right about the math if you dont get kill too often there isnt much to lose just keep everything on ur hiding char except some reg and whatever u need to kill the mobs
    dont hide ur char too close to the battle ground smart pk will meteor or reveal you out