NERF AFK FISHING AND BODDING

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by TheUORnerd, Jun 21, 2017.

1. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

2. TheUORnerd

TheUORnerd Active Member

No young Kirby you just isolate the movements of the serpent so it dies exactly where you need it to. If you can figure out how to keep it right infront of your guys which you can btw due to the fact that monsters go right to a fisher in order to kill them, all you would need to do is keep it in the same spot prevent it from moving away when it is low health then get that afk fisher cash son. So lets assume you have 3 fishers if you wanted to all you would have to do is spam para on 2 chars while 1 ebolts I'm sure there is little variables that can be worked out but again its all possible just because you haven't done it already does not mean it is not possible.
  3. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

Kirby doesnt go fishing for the ease of the reward. He has tried various playstyles and simply didnt enjoy them.

He is the one person i know who gets seriously excited to pull up serpents and likely shouts in excitement every time a shipwrecked kraken comes up.

He has every right to play exactly how he wants to. I also know or knew his general bank account balance and i am willing to bet anybody that has been here as long as he has has significantly larger sums of money.

We all play this game the way that gives us the most enjoyment and this is kirbies. If the rewards are lowered you will still see the kirby crew out on the ocean
  4. TheUORnerd

TheUORnerd Active Member

I guess people do not understand when I say "nerf" means to lower the rewards amibs would still exist, trammel ocean would still exist the playstyle would still exist and if what you are saying is true there will be no losers just fishermen with less money in the bank.
  5. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

Im just explaining kirbies position from how i see him.

Hes not exploiting the ease of reward he enjoys what hd does.

I believe that even if nerfed he would fish all day every day. I even said that at the end.

I know you can read bruh
  6. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I do enjoy fishing and I DO DO IT even though the rewards are relatively low.

You need to go after something that actually makes money. Because seriously, fishing doesn't. I think my best night was after 10 hours of fishing, I took home, like, 200-300k. Do the math, bro. That ain't shit compared to other forms of making money. Yes fishing is a little easier, but it pays a lot less.

Like I've said from the beginning, learn about shit before you complain about it.
  7. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Lol you know me so well @Smash and yes I do yell in excitement when I see a SWK.

The gold from fishing is inconsequential, if that's what you're targeting @TheUORnerd . Even Krakens and Lock Lakes have very little gold. I can fish for a week and barely scrape up 10k. Most of the money comes from fishing up Amibs, which are rare.
  8. Rheanon

Rheanon Well-Known Member

Some people macro, some people don't and some people are somewhere in between. Some people like to dungeon crawl, others like to tame and dungeon crawl, others are grandmaster thieves extraordinaire, others PK, others like to hunt PKS, others like to to make a science out of IDOCs, and... some people like to relax and fish, or BOD, or craft. Some people want collect rares. Some like to buy and sell rares, others like to just buy or sell anything. That's the beauty of the game, it can be fun for every play style. I believe the administrators of this server understand that and make this server a pleasure to play in, or macro in, or do whatever. For this reason I am not an advocate of nerfing anything. Leave things as they are and add gardening to the menu. Now that's something I would love to see :) Just my 2 gps.
    One likes this.
  9. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

I'm down for that! I'd love to try something new!
    One and Rheanon like this.
  10. TheUORnerd

TheUORnerd Active Member

11. TheUORnerd

TheUORnerd Active Member

200-300k for watching netflix? sounds sweet to me.

Lets take the high end of the number 300k as we are already aware there are several people who post per hour gold gained so lets assume you farm bloods for 3 hours straight you average 107k gold. Now these three hours are not easy, PKs will show up, competiting players will try to mess with you, the good folks at cA may even take a crack at you. The point is that 3 hours would be so much more involved and I would need to haul ass in order to hit that mark as well and try to be as fast as possible. Now compare that to me watching orange is the new black while chilling with my sweats on relaxed barely even paying attention to whats happening on the screen while I afk fish.
  12. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Okay, but that was a high estimate. I've seriously gone days without catching anything good...at all. That's not a regular day, that was a "if you get lucky" kinda thing. During those 3 hours at bloods, you know those bloods are going to have gold on them. You know you'll get something for your time.

I was giving you the numbers from my best day

Not an average day. Most of the time I'm out fishing, I don't get any amibs. Without amibs, there is no income, other than that tiny bit of gold I mentioned before. You probably didn't read that part. I've noticed you only read the parts that you want to read.

So, with your expert knowledge of fishing, please tell me how you're going to NERF the income from fishing, since there's almost no gold from it, and you've already mentioned that your plan doesn't mess with amibs. How would you nerf this get-rich-quick scheme?
  13. TheUORnerd

TheUORnerd Active Member

Nerf the actual rewards from AMIBS to the point that it forces players to engage in other activities or make it so that players can actually be found in the trammel water world.
    binlagin likes this.
  14. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

So your problem is not with fishing.

(1) Running amibs isn't fishing. These things aren't related. You get amibs from fishing, but fishers don't amib. Anyone can amib. I've personally never done an amib, but I know for 100% fact that doing one doesn't require fishing at all.

(2) You want tracking fixed. Awesome. This is something we can agree on. The staff accidentally broke tracking in the last patch, and haven't been able to fix it yet. It will be fixed in the next patch.

(3) I wasn't aware there was a combat restriction on the water. This is what Trammel was, right? People couldn't pvp or steal without consent? If this is a feature that has been added to the ocean parts of the world, I wasn't informed, but it is something I wouldn't support.
  15. TheUORnerd

TheUORnerd Active Member

The value of amibs directly correlates to what a fisher can sell them for thats what I was trying to say. So if an amib only yielded a certian amount of gold or guaranteed rares and they nerfed these yields they would lose value therefore selling for less and effectively nerfing them.
  16. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

@wylwrk don't tell him you can macro LJ. Then he'll go after oak.
  17. TheUORnerd

TheUORnerd Active Member

You have hit trees in the actual world not trammel water world.
  18. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

But, again, you're not going after fishing. You're going after amibs. If you want something changed, you have to be clear. This is like if you hated how factions worked, so you started a thread that said that pvp was terrible and should be banned. See how that doesn't make sense? That's the same here. You want amibs changed (good luck with that) so you talk about how terrible fishing is.

BTW, if you want to change Trammel-like activities, then you should make a new post talking about amibs and xmas scrolls. The latter literally takes place in Trammel...also, get in line...it's a long line.
  19. Rheanon

Rheanon Well-Known Member

Why? Nobody is stopping you from doing whatever it is you like to do in this game. Why pick on Fisherpeople? Why advocate nerfing fishing. You obviously don't like to fish and I respect that but...Live and Let Live.... because if by any remote chance you are successful in getting fishing nerfed, you may be surprised to find that YOUR favorite activity may be nerfed in the future as well. It may turn out to be a double-edged sword.
  20. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

No you don't. You can macro every part of LJ, except for clicking the AFK gump.

And again, with the Trammel thing. When did they put that patch in? Seriously, I want to see those patch notes where combat was impossible on the water. I haven't experienced that. Can you shoot me a link to that?