New character skill planning website

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Kilgore Trout, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Active Member

Continuing on my idea from above, I have some questions about this build:

http://uoplanner.com/share/anhfn/uor-skunkworks-crafter

What does the 45 musicianship offer the build? What does musicianship have to do at all with that build? Is it required to exceptional-craft some of the instruments?

Same for arms lore - I am unfamiliar with what arms lore does in terms of benefiting a crafter. I am kinda new to crafting in UO in general so pls enlighten me :).

Just wondering if there is some server specific stuff I diddnt catch when reading the main compendium on this site.
  2. Awen

Awen Active Member

It a craft character and for carpentry you need to have some point in other skill to build stuff like anvil, fishing pole, musicals instruments etc...
    And arms lore is useful to check item with blacksmithy
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    widow and Black Tortoise like this.
  3. Soma Holiday

Soma Holiday Active Member

Very cool resource! I'm still deciding on templates for most of my characters so I'm looking forward to seeing what people add.

One suggestion: it might be helpful if people could provide a short description saying more about the templates, like what they're useful for, any special advantages they give, adjustments that could be made to them and that sort of thing.
    Samej and Kilgore Trout like this.
  4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

That's a great idea, and a few people have suggested it. I'll work it in after I'm done with search.
    Soma Holiday likes this.
  5. widow

widow Member

Awen did a good job explaining but I thought I'd give my two cents:

40 Bowcraft is for making arrows with 100% success

40 Arms Lore for checking weapons durability and repairing

45 Music for making instruments

75 Magery for getting around with recall and the occasional 'fizzle to success' moongate
    Black Tortoise and Awen like this.
  6. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

and making abbatoirs and pentagrams...
    Black Tortoise, Awen and widow like this.
  7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Active Member

Thanks for all this info, everyone. In all my years of UO, ive never had any crafters except for a tailor. Im gonna have to respec some of my crafters I am working on now.
  8. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Active Member

UOPlanner Site Updated

Since it's ridiculously hot out, I spent my 4th of July implementing template searching, and just finished deploying the latest changes to the site. You can now type in a few skills and find all templates with those skills.

Coming soon to UOPlanner is the ability to log in, enabling you to see all of your submitted templates, and this opens the door for commenting and discussions about templates.

As always, don't hesitate to PM me any ideas you have for the site.
    One, Soma Holiday and Lord Krake like this.
  9. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

You're going to need weighted ratings and a sort function. Otherwise when I search for template with "cooking" I'm going to get all sorts of total garbage probably.

As always, good work!
    Kilgore Trout likes this.
  10. Samej

Samej New Member

This is a great resource thanks for sharing. As a newcomer and someone who barely experimented with different builds on OSI, it would be amazing (as others have said) if people were able to state the purpose of the build, e.g. PvM or PvP, any tactics inherent to it - or just anything else worth mentioning. Also, for me, stats would be helpful. However I appreciate you do this in your free time so hopefully I'm not coming across as demanding/ungrateful!
    Kilgore Trout likes this.
  11. Fenris Corp

Fenris Corp Active Member

This should be pinned, or linked to in some manner.

edit: I don't know if this is still in development or not... i am working on an application that will surpass this project's current functionality soon.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Ouroboros likes this.
  12. Will_Paint_Your_Dog

Will_Paint_Your_Dog Member

Use phantom.js to display a server side rendered version of the site to search engine crawlers or better yet rebuild it with React

Fix the responsive behavior... too much of today's browsing is done on mobile devices for this to be optional. All you need is a few simple media queries, although I'd recommend just adopting Bootstrap of Foundation.

You should also add some subtle animations to things like the modal window, and drop down from menu. Maybe even a simple fadeIn or slideUp keyframe animation applied to the divs on load.

Add a list of most popular skills and allow it to be ng-filtered by the # of skill points, so you can for instance see a list of the most popular skills set to 99, 50, 10, etc in templates.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  13. Will_Paint_Your_Dog

Oh and you need validation on #skillRange because the only thing stopping it from going over 100 right now is the max attribute of said slider input, which can easily be manipulated.

Boom 489 Alchemy.

http://uoplanner.com/share/9rq1a/bug
  14. Fenris Corp

This guy hasn't been around since august with no visible changed since first push... Just a heads up.
  15. Will_Paint_Your_Dog

So you An Corped a thread from July in the hopes of getting it stickied so you could catch ride on the coat tails of this piece of shit app? lol

my bad. Carry on.
  16. Fenris Corp

uh, no? this thread was mentioned to me in another thread. i saw it, liked what i saw and suggested that. then i did some research on the guy and discovered he's been AWOL. no need to be a jerk.

discussions over. if you have anything else to say, we can speak in PM.