New Guild System Discussion

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Urza

Urza Active Member

I have one major issue with this re-vamp. That is that a new guildie will no longer have to travel to the guildstone and double click it to join a guild. Something that I feel is an awesome part of the Classic UO experience. It breeds the necessity of an actual guildhouse, a place for players to congregate and allows for better relationships to form.

I am against being able to recruit players anywhere without first taking them to the guildstone. It destroys a little bit of UO Adventure.

One other fear is that it makes it really easy to go to Occlo and recruit someone with a prompt that they may say yes or no to and kill them and loot.

Please consider this.
    Ragar, Kishember, Nymeros and 5 others like this.
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Wow, nice catch on the Occlo guild abuse. It would totally work like that to.
    Markos, Bonham and Jupiter like this.
  3. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Weigraf has some good points here
  4. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Not sure if I understood this right or not, but it seemed that only O/C and factions guilds were slated to be allowed to form alliances with each other?

Why not all guilds? Alliances don't necessarily mean JUST PvP. A new player guild may want to have an alliance with other established PvM guilds so that they can more easily coordinate and respond to attacks.

Let's face it, a lot of PvP happens out of strictly PvP guilds.

A crafters guild may want to have other crafting guilds be allies in trade.

Idunno, just think that ones participation in a war guild should have absolutely no bearing on that guild's ability to form alliances. The alliance chat is a great in game feature that can be used to connect players actually playing the game.
    Jupiter likes this.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I don't think that's the case. If it is, that's a huge problem.
    I had hoped to have my PvM/Crafter/PvP guilds all alligned so if one of them gives a shout out about reds or what have you, the appropriate party can respond. Same in reverse, if someone needs some new leathers or something, they can ping the crafters through the alliance.
    Jupiter likes this.
  6. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I like the alliance. I think that fractured guilds need to be able to align better.

I may have a crafter whom I enjoy playing MOST, but if I hear there is word of action somewhere I might pop in just to spend a few moments.

I have tried to use UOAM to connect people, but UOAM requires all parties to actually login (which I fail to do myself a lot).

Also, the alliance chat is a little less invasive than UOAM. (since UOAM displays your position AND your movements). The sad truth is sometimes I don't feel like responding, but if I am on UOAM, I feel kind of compelled to respond because otherwise I feel i am being rude.

I'm really looking forward to this though. Ingame communication is always > than IRC (i like communicating on IRC out of character, but if I am ingame, I want to find people who are also ingame)

Cheers.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Aye, I've never seen guild chat so underutilized as I have here. It honestly got more use when people were triggering their gate bots or macro miners with it. lol
  8. illbottleya

illbottleya Member

Definitely on board with allowing blue/regular guilds to ally with each other. The more ways you can in-game chat, the better. That way you can direct your communications to people who are busy playing the game. A lot of people on IRC are not really watching the chat window cause they're playing or they are goofing off at work.

Also ok with making people still travel to the guild stone. The process kinda has this "psssstt come up to my tree fort and join our secret club!!" kind of thing going on.
  9. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

*Bump*

Is this coming out in the next patch? It will be a great addition to the guild system as guilds can go stagnant with only one person at the helm and that person goes inactive for a while. Someone asked a question earlier about the guild ranking system, Ronin, Member and so on... will you be able to change the titles? Or are those static names that are unseen except through the stone, and you just add your own titles as normal?

I really love the idea of the stone showing the last login time of the guildy, it will help to figure out who is still active or not.

Speaking of which, it would be nice if guild messages could be sent out to in the form of the "clickable letter" staff messages. Not everyone logs into irc or the forums but just play the game. That way we could send out messages to players who are offline that they'd receive upon login. Or a guildmate can send in messages to the guild master, reports of quests, guild troubles, etc....

I'm aware there is, or was, a RP post office but it won't really help you any if the person isn't within that system, if it exists still.
    HateCrime, Lord Krake and Blaise like this.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

That's a killer idea, like a Message of the Day option for Guildmasters. They could put up in-game notices about impending meetings or events and everyone would see it on login.

Good thinking, let's hope it's possible. :)
    Lightshade and Lord Krake like this.
  11. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Couldn't you just lock down a book with the message in your guild house?
  12. PaddyOBrien

Blaise - Exactly! It sucks having new recruits that you only see once and after that they fall off the radar because they don't use irc or the forums, but you know they log in. It would be a huge benefit to guild activity overall, keeping track of guildies who are mostly just in game.

Dalavar- That works in some circumstances but often times some guildmembers might not make it there all the time especially if the guildhouse is out in the boondocks and they lost their guild rune by being pk'd or something.
    Lightshade and Lord Krake like this.
  13. Nature

Nature New Member

I really don't think this will fix the current problem for lack of field pvp, but i'm down for any changes y'all try. Seems like there are just too many "butt buddies" on this server that will not attack eachother, which is fine.. that is the way they choose to play.

However, do not complain about a lack of open field pvp because of reasons you cause yourself.
    I don't have any suggestions, just saying for any "new" pvp'ers that come here, it's an immediate turn off.

Unless the server has a huge influx of active pvp'ers, and all around the same timeframe, then not much is gonna change.
    It's CTF and duels until then.

Maybe i just don't know the hotspots, but even still, towns should not be completely barren of pvp.
  14. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

An alliance chat system would be extremely beneficial to our playerbase. That might be the biggest, nicest thing we could do for our 'in-game' community.

I'd also like to see a more fluid (and completely functional) system for guildmaster changes. This has been buggy in the past but I'd like to see a system that makes it easy to allow democratic elections for guild officers (maybe even a clomp da klergoth or whatever orcs would need.) Perhaps custom settings for who can be nominated and by whom and time frames for voting. This would mostly just be for fun but it could be used to avoid guilds suffering due to absentee guildmasters. The ability to manage a guild treasury (and taxes, maybe) through the guild menu would be rather cool as well.

Also, is there even a way to completely disband a guild and remove the stone currently? Not that I think that's something that would normally be used but the community may decide we don't need some current guilds after this patch goes in. I'd even support an automatic disbanding for guilds that had lain dormant for a certain period. There are some cool guild abbreviations used up by people that probably won't be back and a few unsightly stones marring the landscape.
    PaddyOBrien and Nymeros like this.
  15. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

I completely agree about the guild chat. If we have the guild chat, we could effectively ally all RP guilds and anytime someone logs in, they can send an "Alliance" chat to find out what RPer is active, and do stuff together. This would seriously help the RP community a lot.
    HateCrime and Jupiter like this.
  16. Rex

Rex Active Member

It would be HUGE. I cannot wait!
    Jupiter likes this.
  17. PaddyOBrien

I've actually been looking forward to guild changes more than the carpentry BODs. Right now would be the best time for it, take advantage of the increased playerbase and very active rp guilds
    garvey, HateCrime and Jupiter like this.
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

If you are the guild master, you can remove all members of your guild and when you resign after that, the stone will disappear. No you do not get a guild stone deed back.

Post update, you will have the ability to delegate administrative duties to any member of the guild you choose. Things such as being able to declare war or peace, add/remove/change member status/title, etc, will be things you can delegate through the stone controls.

Alliances and alliance chat can be a great boon to the active in-game community, for certain. I just wish we saw this 2 years ago, in lieu of various other updates that weren't even on the table when I signed on here.
    PaddyOBrien and Nymeros like this.
  19. TheBreadman

TheBreadman Member

Maybe another role that might be useful "Co-Leader". This could allow people to jointly run the guild while one is away or not on as much. or just spread load.
    Tom the Immortal likes this.
  20. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hype Bump for Guild Alliances!
    PaddyOBrien likes this.