New guy with a couple questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Killian, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Killian

Killian Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello everyone,

Fairly new to the shard and there are a couple of things that I am still a little unclear on.

1. I've read in another thread about folks using three fisherman. Is this just to increase the drop rate of the AMIBs and is having less than 3 fisherman worth it?

2. Oak, does this work the same as ore veins? And does it only spawn from oak trees?

3. Is arms lore a necessity for a Smith or would the skill space be better served elsewhere? For instance a second tailor for the BODs?

Thanks
  2. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

1. Yes and yes.

2. Don't know.

3. Don't know.

Welcome to the server.
    Killian likes this.
  3. Surfrats

Surfrats Active Member

Oak only comes from oak trees, and you need at least 80 LJ to have a chance to cut some. There is a forum post that has all of the oak tree spawns mapped out, with a file for UOAM that highlights these trees.

Arms lore isnt necessary, and tbh the only reason people run smiths here seem to be for BODs. If you need/want arms lore its probably better served on a disarm thief.
    Killian likes this.
  4. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

Hi and Welcome,

Oak if lumbered from any tree type but always from the same tree once found, like ore. (there is also a pattern these spawn in)

arms lore inst needed, and personally I am about to drop the 80 Arms Lore my main Crafter has in favor of lumber jacking.
    Killian likes this.
  5. Killian

Killian Member

Found it. Thanks.
    Surfrats likes this.
  6. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

@Killian Armes Lore is not needed but it is a nice skill to have, specially to see the actual quality of syuff and to see how many Powder of Fortifiction are needed to set max Quality of an item.

I have 3 crafters for BODs
    I have 3 fishers for Mibs ;) All fisher players have 3 fishers here as far as I know really
    One and Killian like this.
  7. Surfrats

Surfrats Active Member

AFK checks happen while fishing, so if all 3 accounts are out on the boat its easier to keep track of. Also, 3 mages throwing ebolts at spawn help to speed the process.
    Killian likes this.