New here

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Maximous, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Maximous

Maximous New Member

Just got back into uo, so far made a Purdy warrior and pure mage build, but looking to make that push to earn some coins, what's a good template to pull sombre money with, weither it be crafting or killing. Thx in advance
    PolloConMuerte and PaddyOBrien like this.
  2. Alco

Alco Active Member

Provo dexer is awesome. :)) I like that template, it also keeps you wake while playing 0 resist's been playing less then 30 days on this shard and i've enjoyed alot. :) 2 down sides tho with this build, 1st. you cant take every boss down with this build, you need ask help from irc if you want continue farming on same location if boss spawns. 2nd. You will die on every single pk, if you dont know when to recall. You will never get bored with this build.
    Jupiter, Kiryana and Maximous like this.
  3. Maximous

Maximous New Member

And what does that template look like?
  4. Alco

Alco Active Member

My template is musicianship-provoking-swords-tactis, anat-healing- 50 hiding which allows you to go hiding if you got irl stuff to do or resetting agro on monster if something goes wrong- 50 magery for 100% recall from scrolls and high change to use mark scroll to marking, it allows you to use teleport without scroll. I had 50 resesting spells but i didnt find it useful becaust it rarely resisted anything...
  5. Maximous

Maximous New Member

sounds good, ill give it a whirl, any other templates i should try, like i said I'm sitting with a pure warrior and pure mage now...not really anything to work with, just not yet back in the hang of playing uo
  6. Alco

Alco Active Member

As a mage you can take down artic ogre lords at ice dungeon with blade spirits but is highly populated area, keep in mind these summons attack blues with out warning and watch out pk's.
  7. Maximous

Maximous New Member

okay, basically have wasted my character slots playing around, have 13 characters, and only 4 i want to keep, really why I'm asking for templates, other than a pure crafter, pure warrior, pure mage, and a swords/mage, im wasting character slots and hating what im coming up with
  8. Maximous

Maximous New Member

every time i get back into this game i feel like a noob all over again...
    Orion GM BD likes this.
  9. Orion GM BD

Orion GM BD Well-Known Member

@Maximous

Lockpicker is a great char to build. You'll need hiding/stealth/some magery/lockpicking of course.
    If you start with 50 magery/ 50 lockpicking, you can get a 50/70 training lockbox to get you to 95, then you'll
    have to go to dungeons to get to 100. Hiding and stealth are free to train. So just the cost of the lockboxes
    which aren't much and time to train lp/hiding/stealth.
    Once you go to the dungeons, that's where the gold and stuff to sell/collect
    starts adding up. Like regs/scrolls etc. I think a round of level 4 chests yields 9k-10k + goodies, hitting about 16-18 chests. I'm sure someone
    has a link to the guide or you can look it up.

You will make close to 300k-350k getting to GM LP. Not to mention its a fun skill to train and play.

Hit me up when your ready to go to the dungeons, I have a set of runebooks to all level 4 chests you can use or Ill make you a copy.
    Zaphian likes this.
  10. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

my favorite build is a resist eval tamer. Lets you handle pretty much anything for PVM and gives you a solid fighting chance with pvp. When a pk comes you can decide to stay or gate out.

Magery, meditation, resist, eval int, taming, animal lore, vet.

Most popular pvp build seems to be

Magery, meditation, resist, eval int, wrestling, anatomy, healing

Your default stats should be 90 90 45. my tamer runs 88 str, 41 dex, 96 int.
    O, and welcome to the shard :)
  11. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

binlagin likes this.