New "old" player here...few questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Mbcx, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Mbcx

Mbcx New Member

I played live UO for probably 3-4 years around the t2a era. I remember bits and pieces, but it was so long ago that I've forgotten alot. I would love to try to get back into the game on Renaissance.

I'm not sure if I would like to join a guild yet but i may in the near future. What is the best way to find guilds that are recruiting?

Is there an in game chat where many people talk? The global chat seemed dead and no one at occolo bank answered any of my questions.

I'm wondering how active the server is. I know that there is no real number that could give me an answer, but let's say I stroll into deceit or hyloth on my own every night during the week. Are odds good that I will meet some people trying to kill me? (Hoping yes!)

Is the t2a land part of the server?

Is there a way to send private messages to players in game?
    Lord Krake likes this.
  2. Felucca

Felucca Active Member

Hey, lot of people are on irc

http://www.uorenaissance.com/irc

Great place to ask question, find a guild etc.

T2A is open but you can't recall into it, you can only recall to whichever entrance you're looking for and go in from there.

The server is pretty populated and I see new people joining every day!

Murderers will try to kill you pretty often but it isn't nonstop. It's a good balance in my opinion, however I've been informed that there is usually more PK'ing outside of the summer months.
    Lord Krake likes this.
  3. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello and well met Mbcx.

To answer you immediate questions:

1. We have a Guilds section. You can always post in there saying you are looking for a guild. I would suggest adding what playstyle you are looking for in a guild. We also have a very active IRC community (the best way to get answers in real time from the players here). The #PS channel in the new players channel here on UOR, so feel free to join that and folks in there will help you out.

2. No ingame global chat. IRC is the best way to do this. However, you can globally speak with players you are partied with or guilded with.

3. I would say this server is very active, but there are lots of different opinions on what "very active" means. There are a number of niche things to do here, and in that, there are passionate and dedicated players being very active within those niches.

-- As for overworld and dungeon activity, this is a highly debated topic. You will have players saying they have been able to farm high end mobs for hours without trouble, and other players saying they are leaving the shard cause they cant step two feet out of Occlo without getting killed. I think this all boils down to two things:
    A. Time zones and play times (prime times)
    B. General awarness of your surrounding and be "smart" about how, when and where you farm. This is Fel, afterall.

4. Yes, we have T2A here.

5. No and Yes. No, there is not system mechanic to send private message to players in game (again, IRC is the bees knees), but Yes, books left on players doorsteps will never disappear on their own, and many of us use that method to send messages to players we just cant get a hold of by other means.

So come play with us! There are a ton of people here who will help you get started with pretty much anything you ask.

We have an amazing staff that is engaged, we have some great custom content that feels like it fits right in, we have great holiday events that get hyped, we have a ton of player run events that get double hyped!

Let us know if you need any more questions answered.

~Krake
  4. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I would like to join a guild yet but i may in the near future. What is the best way to find guilds that are recruiting?

Go to shard events, talk to community in irc and on the forums, meet people at the banks (well, occlo I guess), pvp duel, just do stuff and you will figure out who you would like to play with due to similar enjoyment. People will say "go join PS guild" etc, which might be fine for a while at least. I would recommend just doing your own thing and asking questions from the community as a whole rather than one little "guild". You'll figure it out.

Is there an in game chat where many people talk? The global chat seemed dead and no one at occolo bank answered any of my questions.

IRC

I'm wondering how active the server is. I know that there is no real number that could give me an answer, but let's say I stroll into deceit or hyloth on my own every night during the week. Are odds good that I will meet some people trying to kill me? (Hoping yes!)

Depends on where you are. if you are at one of the popular hot spots, yeah, someone will be around within 4 hours at the most, or as soon as every 30 minutes to fight you. If you're just fighting low level monsters, or exploring the dungeon expect to almost never see anyone.

Is the t2a land part of the server?

Yes

Is there a way to send private messages to players in game?

Party Chat, Guild Chat - otherwise, no.
  5. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Welcome and good luck, in the process of earning you will find death without any problems, and everything else will follow!

Good game for you!

Regards,
    Kir