New old UO player Great Lakes server...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by PezDragon, Sep 21, 2018.

1. PezDragon

PezDragon New Member

Hail noble creatures! lol...ahh the good old days. UO prepared me for all other games...something about getting ganked...finding your empty corpse only to have someone ask if you need help while he's wearing your armor and wielding your vanq katana toughens you up. Ever since i played UO i've searched for other games to fill the void..still searching. Ughh sorry rambling. Looking for a bit of direction here...while i'm not a pvp'r I wont shy away from a good fight. I looking for a guild to teach me the ins and outs again...is a vanq poison kryss still good lolz. Does anyone use TS or Discord? I'm not even sure if i'm asking for help in the write forum lol. Just to be clear i'm asking for help not handouts and i repay in kind. Soooo as i download renaissance i will await the flames or await the advice! Thx in advance, Pez
    Mad Hatcher and PaddyOBrien like this.
  2. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Welcome to UOR.

Official IRC channel is where most people are:

irc.chat4all.org
    Port: 6667
    Channel: #Renaissance

Or there's a web client link on the left side of the front page - http://www.uorenaissance.com/
  3. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

UOR is best bro
  4. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Welcome to UOR.
  5. Infantry

Infantry Well-Known Member

Welcome to UOR, best server ever made. I use to play on Great Lakes from 98 to around 2000 or so.

I was Ian Serling there and I have a toon named that here.
  6. Mad Hatcher

Mad Hatcher Well-Known Member

Welcome to UOR!

I played GL for 12 years primarily as Mad Hatcher and Ultra Man.

You will like this server. Great community and fun game era.
    Infantry likes this.
  7. Mykos

Mykos Well-Known Member

UOR will help fill the void you have been missing. You will enjoy your time here for sure. Welcome to UOR! There are a couple of guilds that can help you get grounded again. Project Sanctuary will probably boast the greater numbers to provide adventure companions. The guild I am in also enjoys helping players new to UOR as well. We are not quote as active, but always willing to lend a hand whether you are part of our family or not.

IRC will be the best place to get advice and help quickly. Our guilds channel is #oortael, feel free to join anytime. The main channel will provide the greater source of overall quick response help.

I don't have any personal experience with poisoning here. I know some people use it. There are groups that use voice coms and if you get in with them, I am sure you will get server info.

Enjoy and ask away.