NEW PLAYER GIVEAWAY not an open vote sorry guys likes will be considered

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Ragnar Lothbrok, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    DaBucs and Stian like this.
  2. Imbol

Imbol Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm a proper scorpion! *winks*

My time's spent hunting tourists -- tea-drinkers, silk-wearers, and travelers of all kinds.

I tell them it's a tour guide at a good rate, and I get a good rate of fine cloth out of it. The gold's not bad either.

Don't worry about them. Savage world out there.

Once a lumberjack, I've taken up fencing and poisoning. I've even started a boutique with all this excess cloth.

Care to try on some clothes? That mask would make a wonderful addition...

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  3. Imbol

Imbol Active Member

*winks*

[​IMG]
    DaBucs, Witchcraft, One and 2 others like this.
  4. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member

You get my vote for posting your screen in front of our shop :)
    Imbol likes this.
  5. Imbol

Imbol Active Member

;)

[​IMG]
  6. Ragnar Lothbrok

Ragnar Lothbrok Well-Known Member

yes if anything is added we will spread it out to multiple winners !!!
    CalHob, DaBucs, Imbol and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    CalHob, Rextacy, DaBucs and 3 others like this.
  8. Higler

Higler Member

I rarely enter "free hand out" contests and never win but I'm returning back to UO so I figured what the heck give it a try. I'm not new to UO just this server been playing since late 98 on and off many servers, most recently was 3 years ago on UO:SA, But I digress so I started here on UO:R week and half ago and grinded my 160k ASAP only to find I can't place a Villa (my favorite house (especially for new guy macroing)) on this server (no spots). Been grinding on my bard just trying to save enough for a respectable size house in order to macro in peace and get some chars here. I don't necessarily want the mask or 5 houses, even just winning a villa in a decent spot would really be awesome and get me going here, but if I do win more than that it is always appreciated for new guy trying to get a start (mages are not cheap!). Hoping to get set up soon so I can get out and see you all on the battlefield! I am active now that I'm playing again (daily player) and do pvm and pvp both regularly but more so pvp so any help would not be wasted and would add to the benefit of the server.

Great Idea and thanks for the contest no matter the outcome always good to see players engaging in helping bring more players.

Attached Files:

Rextacy, DaBucs, Imbol and 2 others like this.
  9. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

Atrium Mart Moonglow would like to donate any desired furniture items (excluding oak) and regular house add-ons to the winner of the villa. (Or villas, as I see there might be another home offered.)

The winner simply has to PM with a list and it would be my pleasure to help out ;)
  10. Ragnar Lothbrok

thanks man that is awesome :) yes we have 2 villas going to 2 diff winners , one will get the dull copper mask blessed donated by me with their villa and the other one will get 1000 regs along with their villa donated by @Rad
    CalHob, Rextacy, DaBucs and 2 others like this.
  11. Skaught

Skaught Member

Very cool to see all of the activity here. Sorry, I did not provide more of a backstory to my original post. I'll try to reference some history of what brought me back and how I found UOR :)

Recently a good friend of mine who I have been gaming with for the better part of two decades joined up here and started back down the path into Sosaria (Quick). I think hes been playing for a couple more weeks than I. We've been fortunate enough to hit the ground running with help from Puck, Peace, Surfrats and Miller. Lots of noob questions being thrown around and all that to get acclimated back. Just thankful enough there is a bunch of people in IRC I can occasionally bounce questions off when shaking the rust off.

Quick and I started out in Alpha/Beta of UO I want to say 95/96? We ran through that to Atlantic and were members of The F-ckheads / League of Pirates from way back then. Apologies for your ear drums but this old site is still up and running in all its midi music glory (http://www.f-ckheads.com). You can find some really hilarious screenshots from Alpha/Beta on that site if you dig around. Quite a few of us still game together from those old days in various other forms as well (Console/PC).

We fought nonstop against various other guilds on Atlantic (Covetous Crew /Mercs) to Sonoma (Fires of Heaven/Sinners and Saints). I'd like to say it was an incredible run of about 4-5 years on OSI shards. I think I remember seeing some of the guilds here that were from Sonoma? We tried to come back a few times on various public shards like IPY and obviously they didnt seem to pan out long term. Which is why it was great to see the longevity thats been carrying on here on UO:R. Such incredible memories and I'm thankful this shard stopped at T2A. That was the glory days for me.

Anyhow, I am currently putting my head against a wall and building a tamer. I'll get there eventually :) Surprisingly enough I never did a tamer on OSI shards so I figured I would give that a go. I'm bouncing between a few characters taming, provo, dexxer at the moment.

I'm pretty active late evenings PST on the west coast in the US. Love to find more people to group with an run around killing stuff!

Attached Files:

Rextacy, DaBucs, Stian and 1 other person like this.
  12. Skydancer

Skydancer Active Member

Edited for screenshots..

Vida, from a distant northern land, Vida was taught the sword by ettins and learned the shield in the upper reaches of Shame. Afterwards, she apprenticed under the shield maiden, Liv Mikkil'Orn, who taught Vida the finer workings of the blade and in return, Vida passed her knowledge of clothweaving, tailoring, and carpentry, on to the shield maiden.
    Recently, after an unfortunate encounter with a shadow wyrm, Vida has sworn an oath to the paladin, undead hunter, and dragonslayer, Xander Merzantine, She has since delved deep into the bowels of Deceit to prepare herself for her next encounter with the mighty wyrm.

To support this effort, Vida has also enlisted the serviced of Seipora Jassan, a noble of Magincia who has agreed to teach Vida to better defend herself against magics and to better face magical creatures and beasts. However, Vida has found Seipora's services to be very time consuming and costly

Taylon Carr and Jock Sterling have since agreed to sponsor Vida, and are currently in the process of opening a new smithy on the Southern Fork of the Western Road out of Britain,

Unafillated with Vida and her comrades are Jack Black and Kyle Gas, who may sometimes be found rocking the sock's off the Bard's College in Britain, although they have been kicked out on numerous occasions and may now be incognito, or else at the tavern petitioning for a drive thru.

PICTURED:
    Vida, Taylon, and Jock in the Sterling House - Where it all began!
    Vida learning the value of Seipora's lessons with Xander in the depths of Deceit.
    Seipora, studying the dark arts under the tutelage of the immortal bone magi.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    DaBucs, Rextacy, Imbol and 3 others like this.
  13. CalHob

CalHob Member

Hi Everyone -

I'm new to the server but back from an extended hiatus from UO (and it is true when people say that you never really quit UO!).

I played on Chesapeake back in the glory days and have come back looking to reclaim those old feelings of wonder, excitement, and camaraderie.

Hoping a little luck in this giveaway might jump start the fun!

Taran Wanderer.jpg
    DaBucs, Stian and Imbol like this.
  14. Higler

Higler Member

Who were your characters on Chessy? @CalHob
  15. CalHob

CalHob Member

Man, it was so long ago that I forget their names. I'm an old guy staying young through gaming. :)

Started playing back in '98 until around '00, then off and on through free shards. Came across this shard and the forum brought back those great memories.
    Stian and DaBucs like this.
  16. Higler

Higler Member

@CalHob ah ok very nice, I was a member of KoC and !C! guild if you remember them? i played chessy from 98 till 05 when i went in military, played other games too but played uo regularly. Also played great lakes lake superior and test center whenever it was open lol .I even ran a server for about a year before i quit. I just came back myself :) welcome back
    Stian and CalHob like this.
  17. CalHob

CalHob Member

@Higler I do remember KoC. Welcome back to you....I'm sure I'll see ya around!
    Stian and DaBucs like this.
  18. Higler

Higler Member

Yes I'm sure you will, I run PtO guild here let us know if ya need help or friends.
    Stian, DaBucs and CalHob like this.
  19. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm starting a quest here that might interest one of you newer players with an inclination towards roleplaying (or who want to try it out for the first time). The rewards for the first part is a large boat + 25k.
  20. Ragnar Lothbrok

come on guys lets get more word out one more week until we judge the contestants and get these guys or gals on the Fast lane :)
    Stian, CalHob and Imbol like this.