New Player Questions (tailoring/blacksmithing, quick builds)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Fiori, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Fiori

Fiori New Member

Hey guys, I use to play UO (any old europa players out there?) from around 1999 on and off until 2007. I tried a free server once years ago, but was put off with all the extras they put it, so I guess renaissance is the place for me :D

Anyhow, it's taking me time to get back to grips with it all, so I really appreciate all the guides that people have written and support that is on this website. I have a few questions though (sorry if I have missed the answers elsewhere).

1. I have started to make a tailor (who will later also be a blacksmith if I have the time) but i'm wondering what will the reward be when he has gm'd? When I played before it was the time of runic kits and the chances of making some killer leather armor with amazing stats, although as the items do not have all that fancy shiny extras on, what will I be able to make that I can sell to make a profit?

2. I don't have loads of time to make multiple characters (i'm no young whippersnapper anymore :/ ) So I'm trying to create a character who can be made mainly through afk macros if possible. I am following cynic's lovely guide, http://uorforum.com/threads/the-peacemaking-dexxer-and-you-a-guide.2897/ as it seems that most of these skills can be trained without so much effort. Are there any other builds that can get me into the game quickly or at least allow me to start saving up money to buy things (Hunting rats in the sewers didn't really pay off and trying to sell my wood and cloth to vendors doesn't seem possible, but I managed to save enough to buy a horse at least)

3. How long does it usually take to save up enough money for a house? Many of the guides suggest having a house to raise certain skills in and in the pre aos days I remember saving with a friend for quite some time to finally get a small tower. Should I expect the same?

Well, thanks in advance for any responses and again thanks to all those who spent the time to write some awesome guides :D
    ReZon likes this.
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

3. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Welcome aboard!

In addition to gold rewards from filling and turning in BODs, there are also item rewards that go along with them. Here are the reward matrices for Tailoring and Blacksmithy:

http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/bod/tailor.html

http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/bod/smith.html

Both are fun to get in to, but going to the provoke route is a much better start.

If you need a house to stay in while you are getting acclimated, there are some Ocllo New Player Houses - check the link in my signature if you are interested.

Also, hop on IRC and say hello!
  4. Fiori

Fiori New Member

Thank so much for the advice! I'll start work on my provo-mage!
  5. Delavego

Delavego Well-Known Member

You can sell wood and cloth to players here fairly easy. I would collect a few thousand of any resource before you try and sell it. You can post on the trade forums or you can join #uortrade on irc to sell your resources. There are always people looking for cloth and wood.

If you manage to log onto irc try #PS as well. Plenty of people there willing to help and answer any questions you may have.