New Player with a couple of questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Kalvasflam, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I thought you were a bard!!
    [​IMG]
    snap dragon likes this.
  2. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Again, I wish to thank you all for answering all those questions! Very much appreciated!

@snap dragon Thank you for the effort of answering in that detail! Your explanations, especially concerning the longevity of this shard, were exactly what I wanted to hear! I made up my mind and will join UO Renaissance!

Yes, not everything here seems to be the ideal solution for me (sorry for the bad english). But on the other hand, which shard out there offers all of that? I have to admit, the "not banking in Britain"-part is sth I will hopefully get used to. It should not made any difference, but my whole UO-life, I banked at the WBB, always with a lot of action going on around.

And yes, old times - in regard to the WBB - could be relieved on Defiance Free Shard (which is/was very similiar to UOF). Logging on yesterday on UOF very much reminded me of that time (o.k., minus all those horrible neons and hues out there). And yes, I probably will miss custom houses, beetles, swamp dragons - even powerscrolls. I liked playing on OSI, even after AOS.

But something really tells me, that this seems to be the right shard! I can't remember meeting so many nice guys (forum and ingame as well) on any other shard. And it will be a nice change of pace to play on a server, where the economy is not entirely broken due to RL money donations.

To make it short: I can't wait to get ingame tonight! Will start by making a provo-bard for quick money :) Coming back to UO after nearly 10 years - who would have thought so? Feels like I am finally coming home!
    Random, BlackEye, snap dragon and 3 others like this.
  3. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Welcome brother!
    Kalvasflam likes this.
  4. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Kalvasflam likes this.
  5. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Glad to hear you're giving it a go! Hop on IRC to say hello!
    Kalvasflam likes this.
  6. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

UOR is best bro

Anymore questions?
    Kalvasflam likes this.
  7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Welcome and thanks for pking my poor lumberjacker. ;)

ass.jpg
    BlackEye and Kalvasflam like this.
  8. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Wasn't me :) Currently training a provo bard in Occlo - well, skill gain isn't very fast here, is it? Which is a good thing eventually. But when you are eager to get back into the game - well, patience isn't one of my strengths ;)

So, I created a dexxer on another account and thought about farming in Despise/Shame. Turns out, he is even to weak to kill zombies at britain graveyard. So, I thought, as several of my chars will have "healing", how about travelling to Delucia for some wool farming? Asked at Brit Bank if anyone could gate me. All afk. Went to moongate and travelled to Occlo. Asked again - all afk. Then I thought, IRC? Give it a go. A minute later a very friendly player gated me to Delucia - well, turned out, that you can't gate directly to Delucia. I completely forgot, as my former freeshard had direct gating to Delucia enabled.

However, my Dexxer goes by the name "Bud Spencer", so another "Kalvasflam" must have pked your lumberjacker ;)
  9. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

10. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Most mobiles in Ocllo are afk macroing. It's populated but not like busting with 100 active players or something. The real action and chatting etc switched to IRC and forums. You discuss there and meet with people for specific adventures/trades/RP quests etc.

There might be more OSI style action going on in Ocllo during US prime times though. I can't tell, I am a European player.

Skill and stat gains are really fast here, once you know how to macro them efficiently. Say Barding skills: You first macro Music to GM (or near GM) for one day. Just double click the same instrument every 10 secs in your macro. Afterwards you start increasing desired barding skill with macros at for example the Moonglow Zoo and later switch to one of the available public bard training houses in Ocllo. After 2-3 nights afk macroing, you are done. It takes naturally longer while playing on the field, but makes more fun.
  11. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Haha it's all good man. Welcome to the shard, lots to do here and hope to see you on the field.