new player wonders

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by isilvado, May 6, 2013.

1. isilvado

isilvado New Member

hi guys, just wonderin... im new to uo... been playin its been 3 days... im havin fun but just wonderin if there are many people around.... havent seen anyone in the game yet....im playin aroud vesper.... is there a more popular place where people stay around in this game ?

also the npcs are sensitives for others commands beside vendor buy / bank ? such as ... news .... rumours etc.. to get lore, maybe some randoms passtime quests and such ?thanks in advance...see you guys around
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Hey Isilvado, welcome to the shard!

You may want to try out some of the busier towns, Britain and Skara Brae come to mind - but be warned, where there are many people there are likely to be many thieves!

The main commands for vendors are:

Regular Vendors: Vendor Buy, Vendor Sell,
    Bankers: Bank, Balance, Withdraw X, Check X (Creates a bank check which is newbied and weighs 0 stones)
    There are a few other specialized commands but these are really the main ones.

If you're ever looking for someone to chat with or to ask for any help, be sure to join the UOR IRC room, there is a link to a flash client here or on the main page.
  3. isilvado

isilvado New Member

ow thanks for the info...

so there are no commands like news ? rumours ? need something ? ??

ow also i dont know if its a bug... but i was explorin around vesper and got to find a cave caled covetous dungeon, but when i go inside everything is dark even with the magic that gives light.... it s a system buggy or maybe my client s fucked ? ( edited ? ow i found out what it was... the dark night option in the settings was givin this buggy , inside the cave everything was dark even with night vision )
  4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

There's a "news" command you can tell to the town criers, but more often than not, they will just spam the news anyway (if they have any). You can find town criers in any town, and they look something like this:

[​IMG]

Also - that isn't a bug, dungeons were designed to be dark and scary with Night Sight only providing minimal assistance, if you are like the majority of players and would prefer for it to be daytime, then there is an option in razor you can select.

[​IMG]
  5. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Welcome aboard. Definitely join IRC as previously recommended. Its a great way to connect with the community and other new players, as well as a great way to find things to do in game. If your ever needing a small home to stay out of until you get on your feet feel free to contact me in IRC and I can put you up in one of my extras.

Have fun!
  6. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Welcome to UO Renaissance isilvado
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

For some reason, Night Sight does not seem to function with Dark Nights enabled, in dungeons.