New Player

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Seregon, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Seregon

Seregon New Member

Hi everyone. Im from Argentina, new at the server. Used to play a server here that was called Phoenix. looking foward to have fun again. Sorry my english may be is not very good.
    Some questions:
    -the warrior character works good for pvp? in my old server it was enterly warrior, healiang, sword, anatomy,tactics, parriyng, archerr, resisting spells. does this work for pvp?

- do you need a little bit of animal lore to ride horses or other kind of animal?

- is there any other way to gain stats fast without using camping or herding?

- especial potions exist? like total restauration or similar?

i think thats it. Okey i hope i get along with everybody. See you ingame.

Alfonso
  2. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Most pvpers pack a little bit of magery just for utility.

No animal lore needed for horse riding.

Those are pretty good ways to max out your stats. Snooping is also good for dex. Spirit speak is decent for int.

No special potions like that here.

Welcome aboard!
  3. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Welcome to UO:R!
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Welcome to UO Renaissance Seregon. And good luck in tomorrows world cup match.
  5. Timbo Slice

Timbo Slice Active Member

6. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Welcome to PANDAHOUSE UOR
  7. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Welcome to Trammel
  8. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I suppose you could use this template for pvp, but I wouldn't recommend it. You'll find it difficult constantly alternating between equipping shield, and drinking potions as well as alternating between switching from sword/shield to bow. Also, you won't run into a whole lot of need for parry in the first place.

Second, if you plan on pvping with a dexxer I would highly recommend having Margery as it is probably the most useful skill in game especially in pvp. You'll be able to cast protective spells such as RA and Reflect, healing spells, cure, teleport, recall, etc. I could go into all kinds of effective builds for you but some common ones that I find good would be:
    Weapon skill / tactics / anatomy / healing / resist / Margery / poison. I would prefer fencing because you can alternate between poisoned blades and spears which can do paralyzing blows that can be lethal. If you wanted, you could use swords which works really well against a Mage. If you start with an axe, wait for concussion blow, feeblemind your opponent, and then switch to a deadly poisoned katana or broadsword would work nicely.

A second option is to use a med/warrior which would look like this: weapon skill / tactics / anatomy / healing / resist / Margery / meditation. Macing is a good option here. If you set your stats to a standard 90/90/45(int), you have a few options to work with. I'd recommend wearing barbed or magic leather armor since it won't hinder your meditation rate, and you can use mindblast that can do up to 40 damage at the cost of 15 mana. Use a magic quarter staff to beat down your target and release the MB at the right time. You'll also benefit from having healing and defensive measures with Margery/meditation.

There are several custom builds, but these are two good examples that are effective dex oriented templates. It's up to you.

You do not need lore for riding horses, war horses, rideable llamas, forest, or frenzied ostards. You will need lore and taming for riding nightmares.

These are the two best, and most popular ways IMO.

The following potions are all useable here: total refresh, heal, cure, explosion, agility, strength, and nightsight.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014