Newbie Instrument question

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by orb, Nov 17, 2012.

1. orb

orb Active Member

I created a character and he had an instrument. I made a second account and I traded that instrument from my first account to the second account to do a little training to try and max out my skill cap. I ran out of money to buy skills. I was training some peacemaking and I was on a different screen for a bit. I came back and my instrument was gone. Do newbie instruments get destroyed quickly? Does transferring a newbie instrument from character to character make it not newbied? Or was someone able to steal it? As I remember newbie equipment was relatively durable and unstealable?
  2. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

They do break, not sure on durability. I definitely don't use them except to keep one on my person incase I die, makes it easier to get back to body.
  3. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

I can confirm that the do break, often when u need them most. I had one fail during the Halloween Challenge event. It hadn't been used much, so I suspect the newbie ones are less durable than the GM ones.
  4. orb

orb Active Member

Ok thank you for the help.
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I used my original newbie instrument forever or so it seemed. While this is just a personal observation, it feels like that newbie one lasted longer than GM instruments I have used.
  6. jefferyjay

jefferyjay Member

Was this patched on this shard? I thought newbie items were unbreakable? Just asking.
  7. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  8. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

I agree with Gideon, newbie instruments are not really durable...nor reliable to provo.
  9. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member

It's the other way around. There are a couple of non-breaking items that you can get as newbie items.
    Some people don't like this and think all items should have a durability ...

Currently, a fishing pole, a herding staff and a hatched are popular items to get as newbie items.
    Unless you use the hatchet as a weapon, I will chop down the whole Yellowstone park for you.