Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by DingoTM, May 20, 2013.

1. DingoTM

DingoTM New Member

Hey guys,

So I am currently playing on a different server that's all about creating the T2A-era experience. I am dipping out of there and would like to come here for 3 reasons:

1. They blindly and religiously follow their improvised guidelines for what made the T2A-era, including keeping inconveniences or bugs that simply make the game a pain to play (including keeping colored ore but having it be inert in code; yea, it's a paperdoll vanity item on my current server).

I like that the staff here seems human and flexible. You are willing to keep the game dynamic and accurate, without sacrificing any end-game gameplay or other conveniences. This is VERY smart as this appeals to a larger market of people than does being inhuman and fanatic (but you guys already knew that, huh :)

2. I remember playing in the T2A era for most of my time, and then UO:R was where I stayed till the OSI staff went crazy. UO:R is simply a more expanded game.

3. I just found my UO:R playguide from when I actually bought the game! :D

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm trying to get a feel for how alive this server is, any opinions or advice is more than welcome ( I notice there are still pages under construction??? :/ ) I'll be a sad panda if this server is dying :'(

Hopefully, I look forward to playing with (or killing) you all!

- Your friendly neighborhood Dingo
  2. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Welcome aboard. I've been here almost 2 months now - in that time, the average online server population count has nearly tripled. Some of that is the platinum incentive, sure, but its also a lot of growth. So definitely not dying, quite the opposite.

If you're looking for information and its not in the Compendium, check out the Guides section of the forum. There's a ton of information in there. And of course, always feel free to ask.
  3. qbradq

qbradq Member

The staff here are great! Every patch is very well thought out and balanced. Most patches bring a lot of new content. The most recent patch brought end-game content for fisherman, and it rocks! Check out the Patch Notes subforum for details.

And yes, this shard is growing like crazy! There's someone new on IRC every day it seems, and most of them stick around.

*glances around*

There's a lot of folks that came from "that shard" around here too ;)
  4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

If you have not already done so, I would recommend jumping into the IRC chat where majority of the community is centralized.

Web Based IRC Chat

As far as the content which is still under construction on the website & compendium, this database consists of a huge array of information & documents which will likely be something that is a work in progress indefinitely, as things are modified with new patch content or new content itself is released.

Welcome to Renaissance
  5. DingoTM

DingoTM New Member

Sounds awesome I've been browsing almost all day! Can't wait to get started. Thanks for the welcome advice! Oh and the page I was referring to is the "Why choose renaissance?" link on the main page, as well as the player testimonials lead back to the home page. Not sure about the other links, but whew! Glad the server is doing well! Probably be moving over later today with a few buddies of mine, so expect three more :lol:

- Dingo
  6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

I believe the biggest problem with a T2A style ruleset is that it has almost nothing to offer vets/older players. During OSI there were very few - if any 7x GM/complete chars so players always had something to strive for, as players increasingly finished off their chars they found that there was less and less to do. Renaissance added many amazing features for vets (champions, bods, gardening etc) which provided older players a lot to do.

I believe the greatest strength of this shard is the effort the staff have put in towards the "endgame" (I use this term very loosely), given this game is 15 years old you'd think it would be impossible to add in new features, but the staff have done just that. This shard provides a real challenge to 7x GM vets while still retaining the fun/enjoyment of creating and levelling the whole character

Tl;dr: Welcome to the shard, it's the best.
    Kiryana likes this.
  7. napo

napo Well-Known Member

If you need leather armor, hit me up in IRC.
    I've recently come into tons and tons of barbed leather.
  8. Fullmetal

Fullmetal Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The only requirement of joining is learning the term "Voldeshard". Another important word is "TSTSNBN".
  9. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

You wont regret the move...I know I have not yet.
  10. Fullmetal

Fullmetal Well-Known Member

I've been here roughly 3 weeks and don't regret the move. The community here is incredible.

And staff here are nothing short of amazing.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

SELL ME THOSE HIDES, I HAVE A BUSINESS TO RUN!!

Welcome Dingo. Please do not eat my baby.
    This is the best shard and growing/building. The staff have a long term plan and every step of the way has left people going "OMG, THANK YOU SO MUCH"

Some changes aren't always well receiveved but mostly, we all know this is where it's at and will be in the future.

Welcome Aboard!
  12. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Welcome to UOR Dingo!
    Kiryana likes this.