Night of Horrors Challenge Event - Halloween 2015

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Oct 7, 2014.

1. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

It is his screenshot, I just snagged it from the first page.
  2. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Whats with the huge price difference on the different hues?
  3. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Bright orange I imagine is more desirable
  4. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

I am really digging that new leaderboard. Awesome stuff!
    Zyler likes this.
  5. Por Corp Wis

Por Corp Wis Well-Known Member

Event was fun.

I would say that considering the population the event building needs to be bigger, and the final boss perhaps should be in a different place that is bigger as well.

My only other suggestion would be that the rewards need to be increased. Considering the cost of of the holiday items posted on the OP screenshot unless there are other ways to make holiday coins (the event which give minimal coins, and the overland spawns which basically give nothing or close to nothing at all) there is a large disparity.

FWIW....
  6. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    One likes this.
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

The work put into the servers custom content is very much appreciated. The developers could leave things as they were without custom content and the server would likely still thrive.

I attended this event and brought my typical PVM play style, that being player support. I had a rough idea how I would spend my time in the event and once I was dropped in and the chaos ensued, I quickly got to work.

I decided that I was going to support crafters primarily by searching containers and finding supplies. I figured a crafter wouldn't have much time running around gathering their own supplies to make things for other players. It stands to reason if a crafter wants to hit the scoreboard they need to stay in one place and players need to bring things to them.

By the time I got to the crafting sanctuary the chests were empty. I decided to use my mitts and get to punching zombies right in the face. I really want to emphasize this point to everyone attending this event if you can't find anything don't get frustrated group up with a few people and just punch zombies. Movement is life.

After finding a pitchfork some plate gloves some ore and a few other things crafters had begun to be supplied enough to give me what I really needed an instrument.

I was really happy to see that there was a support category for this year's event. I began provoking, peacing, and discoing the minor mobs. That's when the supplies really started flowing. I spent about two thirds of the event doing this. Go out get supplies come back drop them off to the nearest crafter.

After a while I decided to help out in the field and started to protect players from getting swarmed with my barding skills. Not to toot my own horn but I saved quite a few players from having their brains eaten!

Overall I definitely think barding skills have s a place in this event but you had better have a way to DPS, or you will not get on the scoreboard. I believe I had the lowest score last night.

After the event many players agreed that ranged DPS or crafting was the way to go if you're after holiday coins. However, supporting other players so they can succeed will just have to have its own reward.

TLDR
    I'm making an archer.
    Avery, newme, Vlar and 1 other person like this.
  8. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    newme likes this.
  9. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

120 different players attended the event or do people multi-client these things?
  10. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

Oh man real life has been keeping me from playing..Glad I came on to the forums! Going to log in a give this a go!
    newme likes this.
  11. Por Corp Wis

1 client per IP.

I tried bringing 2 and got autodenied by the orange book signup thingee.
  12. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

That's not true, I personally saw people using multiple accounts there
  13. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Well if that is true, that's really messed up.
  14. Por Corp Wis

If that is the case then they are circumventing the IP rules of this server.

When I tried to port my 2nd account over to the event from the event center by clicking on the orange book it specifically said

"1 account per IP allowed you cannot port there"

Or something to that effect I cant remember the exact wording.
  15. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

i don't really know how it works but in the second event last night amfekk seemed to have Taylor Swift and norma jean- both signed up. The former just idled in the starting area as far as i could tell

i dont know if you received anything for idling a character though. Last year everyone that entered received a bag with a chance at rares in it and received 10 coins in addition to what they earned in the instance. As best i can tell this year you receive coins based on performance- i had the top scores in the first two last night and got 13 and 17 coins upon exiting.
    amfeKk, BlackEye, One and 1 other person like this.
  16. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

I ran around the entire time trying to lure bosses on people like a drunken idiot and got 0 coins. ;D
  17. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  18. Por Corp Wis

Where can I find the list of % drop on holiday coins for the overland spawns?

I was told its listed somewhere here? Cant find it.

Been trying to farm overland mobs in the hopes of getting any coins but so far no luck.

Anyone had any success?
  19. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Are you reading the main IRC chan? Many informations are exchanged there between players. Since some days, people realized that the drop rates are pretty low compared to previous halloweens. The mini bosses are assumed to have drop chances of 1/4 for hcoins this year. And it has also been mentioned, that the compendium is not up to date. So, don't bother looking there.

Overall, it's pretty tough right now, to farm for hcoins overworld; there is a reason why players have been paying 2 plats per hcoin (effectively ~15k per hcoin).
  20. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

Yeah I had two clients in there, never got a message though about this 1 client per IP. Only did for 1 event and if I remember correctly I just idled Taylor. Really too much trouble, better off working on 1 character and with a group.
    Avery and Mes like this.