No FPS Patcher?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Lher, Sep 26, 2017.

1. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

got it to work

looks terrible

deleted

It appears to just double your animation per set frame... instead of one step, you take two but travel the same distance.
    Erza Scarlet, Ahirman and MikeK like this.
  2. Medieval Name

Medieval Name Well-Known Member

It's funny because, to me, without the patch it feels like there's animation missing.
    I guess it's just a matter of preference. I just always feel like the game is lagging when I'm not using the patch.
    Note that I haven't played UO in ten years..
    MikeK likes this.
  3. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

People on reddit are saying that this is what sallos does as far as enhancing the speed of the client minus the graphic changes. People are also saying it causes horrible desyncs between multiple clients. Cant find much more info on it
  4. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

^^^so you haven't actually done any testing for yourself? You are like the media, just fear mongering what you don't know. Do us all a favor, mainly yourself, and DL the program and run it. Then formulate a opinoin, not what "everyone on the internet" says.
    Mexplosivo, Ahirman and Medieval Name like this.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

So, I've been playing with it on all day and darn it... it grew on me.
    Erza Scarlet and Medieval Name like this.
  6. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

I asked Telamon about it a few months ago after I seen it used in a youtube video.

His response was something on the lines of it doesn't make things "smooth" it makes the client refresh 2x as much. Not that it necessarily makes you move quicker either but it weighs the server down and trips the same protections against traditional speed hack.

I don't think I got a clear NO, but it sounded like it was frowned on, so I never tried it.

Edit: he also said it can make you appear to move incorrectly to other player's causing suspicion
  7. Medieval Name

Thought you deleted it? ;)

I thought it only impacted the local client.. does that mean that the tree hack puts less pressure on the server? I'm assuming it's the same kind of patch
  8. Larloch

I get de-synched all the time. It is a smooth look but a mofo if you dont have a re-sync maro.
  9. Dr Satan

I have no idea how these things work, I just got telamon's input on a youtube video I seen on fps fix, and from memory that was the info I was given.

I know very little about how games work lol
  10. Medieval Name

Let's all wait for an admin decision then, it'll settle it haha.
  11. Theodin

I called it how I saw it. No need to get so defensive about your speed up program that looks and functions like a fucking speedhack. Honestly doesn't seem like you know jack shit about it either other then "I think it's ok to use"
  12. Mexplosivo

Mexplosivo Active Member

It's you. You're the one being all defensive about something you haven't tried but know what it is.

Read the reactions of every person that has tested it, their opinions (same as yours) and read your posts itt.

You and the guy that mentions a youtube video lol are the ones overreacting. Everybody else that has tried it is open to Chris' verdict and have reported what they see and it all corroborates with others' accounts.

Let's wait for Chris.
    Larloch likes this.
  13. Medieval Name

Are you seriously asking why he's being defensive after the swears and the hate messages you posted? lol.

In a nutshell this is how this conversion went:

Us: let's test it and see how it goes. Oh, interesting, it does not speed you up, we should ask the admin what he thinks of it.
    You: THIS IS A FUCKING SPEEDHACK FO SHURE I READ ABOUT IT. ''NOT A SPEEDHACK'', LEMME LAUGH!

Also the use of sarcasm doesn't exactly give the kind of vibe a debate needs. We're here to fact check, not do assumptions.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Larloch likes this.
  14. Dr Satan

I'm sorry for "over reacting" lol. I am just giving my input to maybe wait and see. I would love to see goofy ostard feet run at double speed and no stutter. It's why I looked into it a while back.. but you do you :)

If he has changed his mind I'd love to try also, if it is the same thing as we talked about prior, I would caution til you got an ok.

I see no harm in sharing some responses to my questions regarding it.

This is what I based my response on. Assuming we are talking the same thing it's why I suggested wait for word.

[08/31/2017@17:29] [17:29] <Telamon> I wouldnt recommend it

[08/31/2017@17:29] [17:29] <Telamon> You will be flagged for roughly trying to speedhack

[08/31/2017@17:29] [17:29] <Telamon> as all those things do is overclock the client and it wrecks the server

[08/31/2017@17:29] [17:29] <Telamon> eventually we will have to ban people for trying it

[08/31/2017@17:30] [17:30] <Telamon> the UO animations are 17fps, you can only do so much to try to force it

[08/31/2017@17:30] [17:30] <Telamon> No matter how fast you try to force things, the animations are only designed for that

[08/31/2017@17:44] [17:44] <Telamon> It doesnt make it "smooth"

[08/31/2017@17:45] [17:45] <Telamon> I makes you look bad to other players

[08/31/2017@17:45] [17:45] <Telamon> and to yourself everything looks strange
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Lyta likes this.
  15. Larloch

I honestly haven't had a single person stop me in game and tell me I am running funny or anything to that effect. I used FPS on other shards with no issues. If @Chris wants to ban it then I will stop using it. I am not as worked up over it as old boy is. I think he got dirt napped and is looking for some reason he got beat other then getting out played. FYI, I have played around with a speed hack many many years ago on a previous shard, and you can TOTALLY tell the differences between a true speed hack and a FPS.
    Erza Scarlet likes this.
  16. Dr Satan

Yep, not worked up either, im all for it but fine if it's not wanted. Just if there is no way to tell the difference server side or whatever in detection of a hack or fps increase then I totally get that, and it's why I caution to wait and see. I just say don't jump the gun and cause confusion or spread it around til we know.
    Larloch likes this.
  17. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    shad, Vandalin, One and 4 others like this.
  18. Larloch

.0000000001% faster
  19. Theodin

Calm down Lindsey Lohan dont be too dramatic. I said it looks like a fucking speedhack, which it does, quit being such a defensive little bitch. Looks like telamon knows a lot more about it then your dumb ass, which is all that matters
  20. Medieval Name

It's funny 'cause you're the one being dramatic. :rolleyes:
    Larloch likes this.