No FPS Patcher?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Lher, Sep 26, 2017.

1. TheUORnerd

TheUORnerd Active Member

Dude speed is dictated on the server side and it is hard coded you can only move a certain number of tiles in a given period of time. When running a FPS patcher it LOOKS like you are running faster but if you have a friend who isn't using the patch run next to you with a similar ping in a straight line you will both run at the same speed. Whether you have friends to actually test this is a whole other story.

As a side note we are running on the Runuo platform there are other platforms like Servuo and sphere where the same rules don't apply, and that picture that you have there is in the context of servuo.
  2. LaggMaster

LaggMaster Active Member

I tested the fps patcher on a newer version of RunUO. I tested on 2.3 and I think this server runs on 1.0.0.

The newer server code did not detect speed hacking, unless they changed how the server logs the speed hackin detection. This server might have a custom speed hacking detection system. I have never heard of any mods made to the RunUO system.

I do not see how this could bog down the server because the program should only force more frames to be drawn.

If you guys want to know if the fps patcher does request more info from the server, I can talk to the fps patcher devs.

I only spend about 5 minutes testing it out. Every 20-30s my client would lag for 0.5s.
  3. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

What is a FPS patcher?

Edit: Nm I seen the video lol.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

bumping for relevance
  5. Xarathos

Xarathos New Member

Looks nice, though I'm reluctant of downloading strange EXEs... So I'll stick to the low normal fps :p
    Meradin and wylwrk like this.
  6. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

and I esp don't download them from UO players.