NOH discussion

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by lawn elder, Oct 22, 2019.

1. lawn elder

lawn elder Well-Known Member

Hey folks, I had a blast trying out NOH last night on my provo mage, didn't get to use my magery much but provo seemed to be good. Tell me about the characters you use in NOH, what builds work? Any fun memories or memorable rare drops from this year or years past?
    Pharoah, Kiryana and Jill Stihl like this.
  2. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I, like most others it seems, use a lumberjack. I added blacksmithing to mine though to get a faster start at the beginning -

http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/18273

It's the only event I've made a specific character for, he's pretty pointless outside of NoH so spends the rest of the year as a sheep farmer. I've considered dropping his resist for archery but not got around to it this year.

My greatest grab yet has been a spooky stone chair (1m GP) I found in a chest in Brit Healers on my first NoH, it's been downhill ever since. Great fun to play UO on arcade mode though, love it.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  3. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Hello.

At first I went a lumberjack and it was cool, but to inflict really good damage on the bosses, I had to come close. Sometimes it was difficult and this year I decided to add archery ... Now I will be more versatile.

Theoretically, as an option, you can remove the resistance and learn blacksmithing, then the assembly will be even hotter. With a skillful and agile game, this is a good and adventurous option. :)

C0ED6A39-F42A-4D8F-9EB5-C5E78BCB7CE2.png

See you at a great event friends.

Regards,
    a jeweler
    Pharoah and Jill Stihl like this.
  4. Vincent Blackshadow

Vincent Blackshadow Well-Known Member

NoH is all about team work.

A good build for it is the LJ blacksmith.

There are people like @Gideon Jura and @Fatty Mike who are always near the top of the scoreboard.

@Keza got a tall spooky candle on the first NoH.

Good luck.
    Pharoah and Jill Stihl like this.
  5. gitchu1000

gitchu1000 Active Member

Do you mean Night of Horrors, or the City of the Dead instance? These are the two different parts of the Halloween event. As far as I'm aware, NoH hasn't started yet.

In NoH you go in naked and have to gather your resources to get going. City of the Dead, having a LJ with a powerful silver axe has proven to work really well. You'll likely get more DPS than the other players there and thus will gain lots of HC. Be careful running with high-end silver there though as you can die easily and would be bummed to lose that weapon.
  6. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

NoH runs started last night Gitchu1000. There's not been a schedule posted yet though afaik.
    gitchu1000 likes this.
  7. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yes, First NoH was a blast! I did okay :rolleyes:

NoH build is always my battle miner Keza Forge (with GM mining). I'd die less with GM resist instead but I dont have the character slots for a whole new toon like that.

NoH run1.jpg
  8. gitchu1000

gitchu1000 Active Member

Ahh! That's what I get for taking a night off... :D
  9. Fatty Mike

Fatty Mike Well-Known Member

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOY Jenkins will take the top of the board fo sho was only behind keza by 400 points and if I wasn't bailing out doinks that didn't know what they were doing I woulda had first place.
    gitchu1000 likes this.
  10. lawn elder

I'm going to have to start researching upcoming events, while there is still time to train up a character for it.
  11. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Jill Stihl likes this.
  12. lawn elder

An interesting read, I got a fair way through it. I'll be referencing that heavily for Thanksgiving. In related news, I logged in this morning to find some fun Halloween candies, for the kiddies. I also found a Happy Halloween 2018 bag on me, not complaining, it is going into the store of cool stuff.

Attached Files:

Jill Stihl likes this.
  13. Rickbrent

Rickbrent Active Member

what is noh schedule fore tonight?