*Now w/more DOUCHEBAGGERY!* Friday Night Fights #21 (2-12-16 @ 11PM EST)

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Vlar, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I will say one thing in support of Telamon (but maybe not in support of fel rules) I was speaking with HC the other day and I'm pretty sure he was asked to tone down his game play due to excessively harassing other players and that's why he left. He was saying he was banned for being a pk, but I doubt that's the case unless he was seriously causing people to quit on a large scale.

Tela has put 4 years of work here and continues. Both sides of this argument have a few cool players and a few guys who are the biggest knob gobblers on the planet. Vlar is cool as well for doing his event. If you guys remember volder, eventually assholes will ruin these events until there are no more and we're left with no players and nothing to do.

annnnddd

freeuck Bart McPoyle. If ISIS found him in real life and pissed in his face while deleting his char and taking magnets to his pc, I still wouldn't call foul play.

[​IMG]
    Kane likes this.
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

[​IMG]

For what it's worth, Telamon had been telling all 'playing' cr3w members to keep the PKing in check since Beta. Whether any were actually banned for it, I doubt it.
  3. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Isn't that event here the perfect excuse for anybody in the future to ban Danks and other Multi-Name toons from their player hosted events? Just add it as rule in the events and enforce it.
    Dalavar and Alice Asteroid like this.
  4. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

This has gotten so far off topic it went from potatoes, beets, and tater tots all the way to muthafuckin hash browns. Wild!
  5. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member

Seems like its my turn, I wasnt available yesterday and just finished reading up all the messages.

How to start with..

First...
    It makes a difference if you attack people outside of the event zone, which i would say is pretty normal on such events OR if you attack someone who is currently participating in a duel.

The later one is targetet on us, with US i mean both the ´S´ and -S- guildmembers, as ANY PARTICIPANT is part of OUR EVENT.
    If you guys dont want to participate, thats fine. if you want to fight or camp outside, thats fine too.
    If you come inside, and kill duelists DURING THEYR FIGHTS at an event hosted by our guild... Well, we will get a problem!

I dont care what certain people did in the past and im well aware that NO SIDE is realy innocent here, but if you come in on Factioneers and target a duelist during our Event we will, of course, feel Griefed! This has nothing to do with relationships or whatever you guys might think!

Second..
    The fights afterwards were FUN, and i agree that you guys showing up made that happen!
    BUT they would have happened anyways if you guys would just show a bit of patience and let us finish the event before you start shitting on us.
    I would love to see you again at the end of the next Fight Nights, and i will also make sure to have more people logged on Order side (KoS, this is a call for you ;)) so we can have fun fights afterwards.

Maybe a simple sorry to Vlar could settle a LOT of things on this thread. Hands down, hes an awesome Host and sacrificed a lot of time to organize stuff.
    I can only understand that he is angry, afterall its not the first time that happens during our Events and he still let you in and hoped for the good.

Btw, i did speak up against most of the bans, but i wont hesitate to insta ban every copy-name that show up on the next event.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    Alice Asteroid and Zyler like this.
  6. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I'd like some specifics here. I have 1v1'd just about anyone who will accept the challenge and followed through 1v1. I seriously doubt anyone else in the group even cares to ask anyone for a 1v1.
  7. Jack of Shadows

It's not the pking itself I hate, it's the way they operate, and piss poor personalities. And that god awful client mod in this pic is a prime example.
    When Hazy took this screenshot, I couldn't even put enough space between us to hide, and that's with him casting on top of chasing. You can always tell when players are doing stupid shit like that to give themselves an edge, and it forces most players to do the same to stay competitive. To border line cheat at a 20 year old game is beyond sad.

And I brought that up to give Telamon props because I was one of the ones that always thought he was a little too friendly with -3- for trust.
    wylwrk and Alice Asteroid like this.
  8. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this is the biggest problem with the server.
    People with egos so big that they can't handle the idea of losing even once and hate most of the things that make the game fun.

Dueling was sacred on OSI.
    Dueling isn't here, it's just a pissing contest. On OSI, if some dude brought his shit ass lumberjack and tried to play the rules to give him an overwhelming advantage, the group would just shun him. Here, that kind of behavior is standard. I've seen so much shit here, like a dude pulling out a halberd in a 5x, people pulling out poisoned katanas in no poison duels, people drinking gheal pots during heals and thinking the other guy didn't notice, and so on. The last time I dueled someone outside of my group, it ended up being one of those situations where the guy leads you into believing you're dueling his mage and then he shows up on his shitty lumberjack.
    The reason this dueling scene here is such shit is because these people aren't called out and shunned for their bad behavior, anything is tolerated if you suck people off well enough, so the guys that are good at kissing ass get away with it time and time again.

Dueling on OSI was about learning and becoming a better player, here it's more about establishing a pecking order and every single person you run into is trying to game the rules in such a way that gives him the advantage because most people are unable to 5x. Can't speak for anyone else, but I have absolutely no respect for the dueling scene here. There are a couple of decent players that can actually 5x, but you have to swim through an ocean of trash to find one of them.

The shitty community only adds to the problem with the casting rules being slightly off. 100-0 Poison locking wasn't a thing on OSI, there's something not quite right with cast recovery that enables it here. The server's premiere poison lockers would have you believe this is because they're better than anyone who ever dueled on OSI, but I don't really buy that. I'm pretty sure cast recovery on low level spells is too long or something. Might also be an issue of spell damage on higher level spells being too low, meatier EBs would speed duels along. There's also an issue where minor heal heals for too much here, but I exploit that like hell on the field so I'm okay with that.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  9. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

I never said it was a 1v1, the duel i know FOR A FACT was 2v2 it was Jack White and Preyas Vs YOU and someone else half way through John Galt showed up and stun dropped on them. Roman of -3- was even there and saw it as well.
  10. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Im not aware anyone ever asked for that fight, I engaged with the current odds and people showed up. I showed up because I saw people on map, if there was some sort of arrangement I wasn't a part of it. The only person who can legitimately bring up this argument is elhorno, as he is the only person I have ever lured into a duel and ganked.
  11. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

oh I remember that. I just logged on voice and heard people fighting and showed up. But it totally sounds like something we'd do so I don't think anyone bothered to make excuses.
  12. Jack of Shadows

Did I ever mention stealing is broken and is in dire need of being fixed for era accuracy and fun?

This pvp issue can't be fixed because it's mostly a personality problem.

Stealing is mechanical and could be fixed for the betterment of us all.

Thank you for coming out, your vote matters.
    Wigwam, Alice Asteroid and JaySnide like this.
  13. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

I honestly am appalled at just about everyone in this thread. I had 2 players there. While I was running one downstairs, I think Punt took a cheap shot on my ALT and dropped him as I ran through the fortress on my other character. Rezzed, and got ready to defend. Focused on who I thought was his ALT and dropped him to pay back the deed. End of caring...

My entire thought process on this entire event was such:

1. They demonstrated that they should be banned. No hate/love involved. Zero caring either way on it. It just wasn't helpful for the event, so ban them. No emotion involved. Just logic and common sense.
    2. Fight back and defend the event. No hate/love involved. Zero caring either way on it. Just logic and common sense.
    3. Moved on in life and gave it zero thought until I finally noticed this abortion of sense thread today.
    Seriously everyone....you're all embarrassing yourselves.

Move on.
    Vlar, Bamilus, Basoosh and 3 others like this.
  14. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

You forgot potatoes.
    Alice Asteroid, scuba and Lightshade like this.
  15. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

It was arranged because i told jack and preyas "don't do it they will not honor it." Then you made me right, i love being right its so nice and i lord it over them to this day. I would also like to thank a big shout out to Mes for as well admitting you guys have no honor and my 2 previous posts are as pure truth as fresh snow.
  16. Jack of Shadows

Since it's been over three years we should def as a group request thief changes. pve/Pvp/pvm/content and fixes of all kinds.

[​IMG]
    Wigwam likes this.
  17. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone proved anything for you there orange, just that you're obviously mistaken on what you think was agreed upon (which was nothing)
  18. Jack of Shadows

19. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

i just showed up to a fight in progress and didn't know it was an arranged field duel until i had already helped kill someone

but i really don't care

a Chinese poet said "The seek after glory should be careless of public opinion."

i don't get caught up worrying about whether someone's going to think we fought them fairly or worry about some standard an outside entity wants to hold us to. All you need to know is we are an autonomous guild and we come to win. If you want to believe we are boogeymen that's probably to our benefit. We have dominated this server in a similar fashion to how we dominated our respective EA servers like baja, great lakes, cats, etc.
  20. Jack of Shadows