NPC Arrow Prices

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by DarkWing, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Mikanele

Mikanele New Member

The real crime here is the bulk reg sellers wanting to sell regs for 1gp over cost....highway robbery
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Considering how easy it is to make a runebook with all mage shops I couldn't agree more.

I charged between 0.2 and 0.3 over cost on second age.
  3. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

You are not a moderator/admin or staff so please don't pretend to act like one here & it's not a form of trash talk it's the honest truth, he is complaining about the price of arrows.. ok simple go farm them then, but the market shouldn't lower because one guy doesn't want to pay the going rate. 8gp is totally acceptable for the simple fact people are still making new characters and training so arrows are in demand for archers and it's common sense that when something is in demand you charge more. No one is stopping him or you from selling arrows cheaper. I could easily go to npcs and buy regs to train a mage but buying in bulk at a vendor is quicker so I pay more, Same with arrows.
  4. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Do you ever proof read what you write before you post it?

How is buying bulk reagents from vendor at a marked up price in any way, shape or form the same as complaining about arrow prices and potentially buying them CHEAPER from player vendors.

You point would be remotely valid if arrow prices were 3gp and you bought them in bulk at a higher price for the fact it is 'quicker'.

Oh and by the way,
    [​IMG]
  5. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Like I said no one is keeping you from selling them cheap, but I have no problem selling them at 8gp and neither do guildies. Also he is a moderator for his own special forum thread not this one.
  6. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

My own special forum? LOL, I just happen to enjoy story telling and role play, so Telamon trusted me to moderate that specific forum.

Double, you clearly don't give a shit about field-training characters, so why are you even weighing in on this?
    You keep saying Wise is the ONE person, or something like that. There are several of us out here and just because Wise, DarkWing and myself are outspoken about it, doesn't mean we are the ONLY people who play this way.

I'm not casting Blade Spirits to train, I'm in the field shooting arrows, recovering SOME missed shots (not all misses hit the ground). Point being the price is prohibitive to low level rangers trying to make their way in the world. This is out of balance with every other active skill in the game, which is entirely the point.

If you can't start an archer and make just enough money to level up and maybe even profit slightly, there is a problem with resource costs or the effectiveness of archery.
    This is why we are calling for change.
    I was out hunting with Blaise for arrows and nearly got merked by a single ratman mage. Give us some ratman archer spawns WITHOUT the mages and MAYBE the newbie archers would be able to get by with these insanely high arrow prices.
  8. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I didn't even bother reading your post because they are as dull as they were on uosa. *yawn* Anyways I'm I made a good chunk of money selling arrows @ 8gp now I moved on to tailoring bod rewards. Can't wait for that thread....
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Wow, your argument is so compelling, I don't know why I even bothered to read it three or four times. Oh, that's right, because even with only 2.5 sentences, you still managed to distribute a trainwreck of composition that had me facepalming.

Please tell us all how you came to find the arrows to sell @ 8gp. I know I can find them too, but the only viable way is to farm them with already built characters, which is the exact point here.

In the very least, can we get some archer NPCs at a brigand camp, or any archer spawn without magic casting mobs? Even with fewer arrows on the drops so it's not a gold pump, but at least enough to survive as a Ranger just getting started. I know this doesn't make sense to people who only play when they have finished characters. So if that's your style, please don't bother getting involved in the conversation.
  10. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Little quote for ya.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Might want to take that to heart when you post your next reply.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Definition of HYPOCRITE
    1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
    2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Perhaps you should consider what you say when you post. I'm here to discuss NPC arrow prices, like an adult. Not call people fools or attempt to invalidate their arguments with some sort of pompous holier than thou attitude. Your contributions are borderline nonexistent in this conversation. Please bring something relevant to the table other than insults which only make you appear more childish with every post.
  12. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Now your copying what I am saying to you and playing it off as if it was you're own response. only hypocrite I see here is someone claiming to act like an adult yet taking the childs approach to reply to everyone who doesn't agree with him. Let's face it a real adult would ignore someone but since your an admin on your own special forum thread it won't let me ignore you. What's stopping you?
  13. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Your argument makes no sense at all. All I see is you editing.....holy shit, a third edit? How many times are you going to reconsider your poorly worded arguments that have no basis in the topic at hand?

This thread is for discussion of NPC arrow pricing that clearly does not impact you or your gameplay. Thank you for that minor contribution to a conversation concerning those of us who do play archers and train in the field.
    I understand the math is challenging, but there are several of us in the thread discussing this maturely. You are not one of them.

We in fact had a new player start here just a few days back going by the name of tophard. Much to the contrary of seemingly popular belief, he was inclined to start on an archer and was quickly discouraged when he was told what it would cost to do so. That is the problem. Not whether or not you can get them for 8gp, or YOU have the money to afford them, or can sell them for that much. The people buying them for that much are not buying them with the funds they made being an archer in the field, that's for damn certain.
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

There, I fixed that mess for you.

I'm not taking a child's approach to reply to everyone who doesn't agree with me. I'm trying to reason with a blatant troll who has nothing to contribute to the conversation aside from insults and assumptions based on their very limited play style.
    I moderate the Tavern forum, it doesn't belong to me. You can just as easily NOT click on this thread to read further replies.
  15. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I'm ending this conversation because apparently you are to immature to do so. You proved me right your a hypocrite and even if it was life or death replying is more important then showing your maturity level. Everyone already knows how annoying you are I'm just choosing not to waste any time arguing with an idiot.

L8erz
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Thank you. I would like to continue the conversation without you. I certainly hope your maturity allows you to actually stop responding now that you've said you would about half a dozen times.
  17. Six

Six Member

I know Blaise can be a little hard headed (can't we all?) but I've read and reread these posts and I can't see why you got hostile towards him. He wants to start a motion to lower NPC arrow prices based on solid research and popular demand, why is that a reason to go all out on him? Also, not seeing where he's being a hypocrite?

On another note, I have not started an archer yet, this will be my first shard ever not playing some form of archer/mage, including all the way back to '99 when I thought I was, in fact, Legolas. Oh, how the 11 year old mind works! That being said, 8gp seems a little steep. I understand the arguments that a spell takes anywhere from 8-11gp to cast, but that spell does ~50 damage on a finished toon, and rarely misses or gets fully resisted. Archery whiffs A LOT, especially in training and the reload speed to get decent damage is not even comparable to magery. No utility either, really we're comparing apples to oranges. A dexxer can use an exceptional katana he bought for 150gp for hours, how is that fair to the archer?

I also understand the argument for fletchers needing to make their money. But even if the arrows were dropped to let's say 6 gp on the vendor, you'd still be able to sell them anywhere from 5-7 gp and make a MAD profit. Let's not pretend like harvesting lumber and feathers is any difficult process.

I support the lowering of arrow prices, and I feel that 6gp on a vendor would be an excellent start.
  18. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Ughh... I said I the convo over but it seems once again guildies and friends are coming to his rescue. I'm going to state this one more time and this will be the last and hopefully it sinks in. This is a "NEW" server, it hasn't been up almost a decade like hybrid & uosa, that being said people like Darkwing and Blaise who come on here expecting the same prices as a server that's been up forever on a server that just started doesn't make sense. There just instant enough resources out there because 1. all the items got wiped when server went live 2. there's alot of people still starting on this server. So common sense is when a server starts up you have to play the market because resources are in demand and there is not much out there yet so you charge what you think your time of gathering/making the supplies and items your selling is worth. Then eventually the price balances out to what is normal, you can't expect everything right off the bat to be the same price as every other server especially just starting off. It's like the new bod rewards, ya I could charge the same prices as hybrid but that would be stupid because hybrid gold is easier to make and characters are way easy to make + they have a bigger player base at the moment so you have to take all that into account on a new server. Me and a few other people had no problem selling arrows @ 8gp because there's a lot of people making archers so it's in demand and people are willing to pay it, when less people are making archers the prices will go down and even out to what is fair and so will other items. Just like spell books, when I first started here people where selling full ones for a lot and now it's around 4500 which is about average. I've played Uo since it was created and it has always been this way.

To answer your question about Blaise the reason me and most people I know from uosa that play here now have a problem with him is because when you try to explain something simple to him if he doesn't agree he will troll you forever by replying to every post you make from here on out. Instead of just stating his reason and being on his way, Blaise has earned imo the right to be called out on stuff until he learns that he is not always right.
  19. Six

Six Member

I think everyone here knows I am not a guildie and Blaise and I have had our differences, too =]

I didn't hop to Blaise's defense, if that had been anyone else my post would have been the exact same. You're just taking this small matter entirely too far.
  20. Six

Six Member

Bro, that's EXACTLY what you are doing. And he can't troll you by replying to a thread he's been talking in for days on a subject he cares a lot about. He's making his argument, not trolling.

I actually found this to be a hilarious thought. At any point in the day, since about day 3 of the server, there have been at the VERY LEAST 100k boards for sale. Like I said above, let's not pretend feathers or boards are hard to get.

Sorry bro, but I'm one of those spellbook selling scribes, and we've been at 4500 since day 1. Most scribes on the server set their prices to this on launch to help the economy and new players out.