Official Housing Mechanic Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Chris, Jan 21, 2016.

1. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Bigger isn't always better. :oops:
    wylwrk likes this.
  2. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

it looks like this to me

2254230362_f027d23a87_o-e1439743563664.jpg
  3. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

There's a rune thief on the loose!
  5. Christoph Brock

Christoph Brock Well-Known Member

One likes this.
  6. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Well surely that rune wasn't there the whole time. I had at least 3-4 ppl tell me they couldn't find the Wind rune either lol
  7. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Aside from the one above, there is a rune to the wind villa under the deco tool.
  8. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Cool. I remember a few guys 2-3 months ago telling me there was no wind rune there and they had looked forever. So I gave it a few minutes glance in the spots I thought it would be and never came across it so just assumed they were right. Guess they were wrong! Thanks for pointing it out tho.
  9. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

OSI tried to keep everyone happy once.... once.
  11. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

we need to invent a version of Godwin's Law that relates to calling something trammel in a UO debate.
    PaddyOBrien and One like this.
  12. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

It needed to end before someone suggested we all live in Green Acres with instanced housing... fo fux sake.

Regarding your request... "wylwrk-in it"
    Mes likes this.
  13. Savage

Savage Well-Known Member

I like the "Slot type Ideas", (Smalls= 1, Medium= 2, Tower= 3, Keep= 4, Castle/Fort= 5) 5 slots / acct/ 15 total for 3 accts

Some may call me "House Hoarder", I consider myself an Investor(half-assed at best!). Some people collect Rares/Clothing etc, those things mean nothing to me. I spent every Million I made on housing.
    I don't play a lot, and compared to most I haven't accumulated much wealth.
    I am also guilty of over-paying on a whim for housing and other items, because I buy what I want and don't care what it costs. (Example 300K for a Vesper Sandstone and 3 Million for a Keep)

Full disclosure: I own 11 Houses, 1 Keep, 5 Towers, 2 Lg Bricks, 1 Villa, 1 Sandstone, 1 Sm Stone Workshop.

Real Estate is part of the Game, UO:R is a growing Server, and as it fills up Homes should increase in Value. My level of investing is on a Pre-School Level compared to most, but its what I have done with my few millions. Every time I made 500K I bought a Tower and placed it, sold a few of those and bought a Keep.

By the Rules in place, I think buying up Land/Housing in hopes the Server will explode and Houses will increase is a smart investment, betting on the prosperity of the Server. The worst that can happen is you get stuck re-deeding or selling at a crappy Deed + 50K :rolleyes:.

Tax me, Slot me, 1 House / IP me, I really don't care one way or the other, I'll play by whatever Rule-set and make the best of it when I Play.

Slotting Accounts seems to be the most reasonable IMO.

Edit-PS- Id place 4 more Towers if I didn't hate refreshing soooo much! .......OSI/EA Legends circa 2000, Fel Towers went for 1.5 Million, Tram Towers started at 2 Mill.... just saying......
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    Dyne and One like this.
  14. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member

I like the slotting idea, too. It's a very simple alternative to the housing system we have in place now. I think it would be an improvement on the current system, too.
    One likes this.
  15. Alice Asteroid

Double post, sorry! I swear I'm not a post hoarder!
  16. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Overall, I don't think we have a real problem yet. Smalls are easily placed and mediums aren't bad either. Meanwhile, we have the benefits of a strong real estate market where people can actually play realtor and make a profit. Larges and massives sell for a fair premium, and prime locations are sought after. I think we are right in the sweet spot currently.

Once things get to the point that placing a small is tough, I am all for changes to the ownership rules to open things up.
    Cynic and One like this.
  17. Alice Asteroid

Imagine we get to that point. Now imagine trying to make any kind of change to house ownership at that point. It would never happen.

These are the kinds of changes that are harder to make the further along the shard goes. It should be done sooner than later. It really doesn't even seem like it'd affect too many people currently playing if we take Chris's statistics about house ownership and the responses in this thread. I think of a change like this as a safety precaution.
  18. ebola

ebola Well-Known Member

I remember back on osi Atlantic 1999 you weren't able to place a house larger then a L-shape house. And had to fork out rl cash to buy anything bigger. Ex. I remember castles going for up to $1000 on eBay.
    Christoph Brock likes this.
  19. Air

Air Well-Known Member

BTW, I dropped my tower yesterday. If you start at Shadowlord base, and head South, you will run into a small house with a guild stone in it called TKO. Immediately south of that will fit a tower.

Good luck, let the fastest houser placer dude/dudette win!
    Christoph Brock likes this.
  20. Worm

Worm Member

Not sure if it was mentioned but how about bringing back condemned status. Might help a little...
    1 house per ip
    Increase decay timer with activity. Angel island style. Give some of these no life's a chance to enjoy the real world without having to worry about refreshing.
    Llama Mart likes this.